THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Cardinals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1. McCown was fine the first half. He got beaten up/injured. It's infreakingexcusable

to have left McCown in the game the second half. The offense imploded, he had serious

trouble throwing the ball. That was stupid.

2. The offense trouble... is the lack of wr's. Arizona had them, and they were losing.

But when they went after McCown, he couldn't get rid of the ball on a successful play...

the little Browns wr's have trouble getting open.

3. Turbin... seriously? two fumbles on two handoffs?

4. Why, oh why, was JM going to go into the game for McCown, was 3 steps onto the field....

and Pettine called him back to the sidelines? I would think that JM would never have been

going into the game without being told to. And yet, apparently, it wasn't Pettine that told him to.

I'm thinkin maybe...that sounds like worse than confusion between Pettine and Flip.

5. Running on first down. Surely the percentage of times they do that is near 99 percent.

6. The second time a defensive player landed on top of McCown as he was sliding... why wasn't that called?

7. Too bad the Browns don't get a half win for the first half of the game.

8. Maybe Dwayne Bowe has a learning disability. All this time and surely he ran the wrong route? Some

kind of big miscommunication there.

9. Just my opinion, but they had no business leaving McCown in there. McCown is tough, and can play,

but he was really hurt, and the whole time after that, it was a disaster. But Pettine didn't have the nads

to put JM in. I don't get it.

10. Apparently, Joe Haden shouldn't have been in there yet, either. But Fitzgerald flagrantly pushed off

and there was no call. If Pettine isn't able to figure out how to man up and make changes during a game...

then let Flip be head coach or something.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a small sample size and should not define his career but through 8 games played a 3 starts his stats aren't good. To me he also fails the eye test but I am all for giving him a shot. I just don't want to hear when he goes 2-6 with the same below average play that it is the surrounding players at fault for his struggles.

Great- then Manziel will be shit canned along with the equally ineffective McCown. Manziel at least can say he's 1-1 in games he had a hand in this year- Josh is 1-4.

Great- then Manziel will be shit canned along with the equally ineffective McCown. Manziel at least can say he's 1-1 in games he had a hand in this year- Josh is 1-4.

If the Browns defense was to the level of the 85 Bears, like many in here thought they would be, then Mccown would be 8-0.

and no more of this "they are there everyday in practice evaluating the qb situation" bullshit......that's not valid because PETTINE IS AN IDIOT WHO IS GOING TO BE FIRED. Yes, they are there evaluating things....they also suck, so their opinion has little value. Using that as a defense for anything is lame.

Your version of "I called it no changes?"

I just don't get it. I do NOT get it.

Closest thing to the truth that you've ever posted...

And I'll take your wager...

guys, the fact that mccown gets the shit beat out of him every week isn't some random thing. It's not even an indictment of the browns offensive line or whatever. It's solely due to the fact that he doesn't know how to move correctly in the pocket, get rid of the ball, slide at the right time, etc....that play when minter popped him good was because he slid too damn late. Like he always does, Like the jets game. Its mostly his fault.

Like the Jet's game? How far does the pocket go downfield in your world?

Browns OL not at fault... not even when 3 DL from three different angles hit him simultaneously?

no, mccown has put up average numbers....not top 10 numbers. And in the context of those average numbers, unfortunately for him and us the timeliness has not been there. Nor have the wins.

Lets stop this "he's putting up top ten numbers" bullshit....not if you look at the right numbers he isn't. He's making poor decisions, has put up average numbers, has a knack for losing, and doesn't know how to slide.....

That in bold is my new favorite Taco-ism...

hehehe...yards.....how many rbis does he have? stolen bases?

His advanced stats(you know...the things he does that actually contribute to wins) were average going into this one. I'd guess after this one and todays performance a little below average.

Advanced stats in your hands are a little like giving a toddler a hand grenade...

Took Friday off, kind of messed with my schedule - had a good day yesterday . . . totally forgot it was Football until I was going to bed.

My lack of enthusiasm for the Season I mentioned pre - Training Camp has played out well . . . sadly.

Looks like I was way off on my call of this Team going 8 - 8 this year.

This Team/Organization has some serious problems, and are more than deserving of yet another reboot.

I don't see how Haslam can do that though and expect to get anyone worth a hoot to come here.

Man, I was all in on the Farmer/Pettine combo.

I think the final gaffe for me was Farmer signing Bowe to a $9M guaranteed deal . . . following the senseless Text Gate fiasco /smh.

Been a Browns fan all my life, but yesterday was eye opening.

It's truly sad, but I with the crew we have now, I'm seeing us going backwards.

There have been a few questionable calls that he has made....

Here are my 10 questionable choices.....

1) Our old, injured, non winning QB was obviously hurt......why not play our #1 drafted, heisman winning rookie who we traded up to get?....thats why we picked him, right?

2) Our starting cornerback is nursing a rib injury, broken finger and concussion....AND is getting burned on every play.....so why not play our #1 drafted corner back who we traded up to get?.....thats why we picked him right?....he's played 9 defensive snaps this year(and 8 were in the same game)......(same logic applied last season when we couldnt run a kick back for our lives, yet Gilbert sat and watched)(whos REALLY getting punished, the player? or everyone else?)

3) Our RB Duke Johnson has flashed the last couple games and had 2 catches in the first quarter for over 60+ yards. Perhaps our only true playmaker right now.....so why do we NOT go to him even ONCE THE REST OF THE GAME....????!!!!???(NOT ONCE) (COMPLETE INSANITY)

4) EJ Bibbs led the team in receptions during the pre-season by catching 7 passes in 3 games......sooooo....lets make him inactive every single game and play 2 guys who havent caught 7 passes all season long(COMBINED)....(more insanity)

5) Pre-season the team commits to Crowell as the starter and claims they want to move away from RB by committee....soooo, they go out and pickup an injured practice team player and insert him into the line up ahead of "their guy" Crowell and the new hotshot rookie Duke......brilliant.....(why is Turbin ahead of these other guys????)

6) Hey, lets sign a $9m wide receiver, then not throw him the ball or even play him a single down ftm....that'll teach him....

7) And Hey, lets do the same thing with TE while we are at it(Housler).....sign him and sit him....

8) 2nd qtr, we got our foot on their throats and we run 3 times just wanting to get to the locker room...other team gets the ball with a few seconds and PASSES IT(amazing idea) and THEY get three......coach to WIN DAMMIT!!!!!

9) Our starting OLB(Kruger) couldnt tackle a 5 year old right now.....and we have 2 unproven, highly touted OLB's in Mingo and Orchard.....PLAY THEM EVERY PLAY, BECAUSE IF THEY GET JUST 2 TACKLES, THEY ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN KRUGER.....

10) Blitz somebody dammit......Coach is supposed to be famous for creative blitz packages yada yada.....yet, we go into dime coverage everytime its an obvious passing down....aggressive wins the day.....STOP PLAYING SCARED!!!....

Honestly, I see this staff making poor personnel choices and going against the grain during games. I think that THEY think they are being unpredictable and not doing what "most" teams would do, so maybe they are just outsmarting themselves......like, we wont play Duke because they probably expect us to play Duke....duh......so well put in some unknown guy and really fool em!!!....

Browns OL not at fault... not even when 3 DL from three different angles hit him simultaneously?

I want to know what the hell happened on that play Tour- It's one where even I have to admit McCown had no chance. On first glance it looked like three guys just vaporized Mack like he wasn't even there.

Now that was a vent with substance...

Agreed Tour. This season is toast- it was officially in the toilet after the Rams game. http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/Browns I see two wins- three at best the rest of the way out.

The coaching staff is doing some real head scratchers. The Bowe situation especially. If you're not going to play him- cut him, and see what you have in the young guys.

It's the same reason I'm 100% in favor of starting Manziel soon (maybe not against the Bengals) that may be the straw that breaks McCown's back anyway- literally.

Here are my 10 questionable choices.....

1) Our old, injured, non winning QB was obviously hurt......why not play our #1 drafted, heisman winning rookie who we traded up to get?....thats why we picked him, right?

2) Our starting cornerback is nursing a rib injury, broken finger and concussion....AND is getting burned on every play.....so why not play our #1 drafted corner back who we traded up to get?.....thats why we picked him right?....he's played 9 defensive snaps this year(and 8 were in the same game)......(same logic applied last season when we couldnt run a kick back for our lives, yet Gilbert sat and watched)(whos REALLY getting punished, the player? or everyone else?)

3) Our RB Duke Johnson has flashed the last couple games and had 2 catches in the first quarter for over 60+ yards. Perhaps our only true playmaker right now.....so why do we NOT go to him even ONCE THE REST OF THE GAME....????!!!!???(NOT ONCE) (COMPLETE INSANITY)

4) EJ Bibbs led the team in receptions during the pre-season by catching 7 passes in 3 games......sooooo....lets make him inactive every single game and play 2 guys who havent caught 7 passes all season long(COMBINED)....(more insanity)

5) Pre-season the team commits to Crowell as the starter and claims they want to move away from RB by committee....soooo, they go out and pickup an injured practice team player and insert him into the line up ahead of "their guy" Crowell and the new hotshot rookie Duke......brilliant.....(why is Turbin ahead of these other guys????)

6) Hey, lets sign a $9m wide receiver, then not throw him the ball or even play him a single down ftm....that'll teach him....

7) And Hey, lets do the same thing with TE while we are at it(Housler).....sign him and sit him....

8) 2nd qtr, we got our foot on their throats and we run 3 times just wanting to get to the locker room...other team gets the ball with a few seconds and PASSES IT(amazing idea) and THEY get three......coach to WIN DAMMIT!!!!!

9) Our starting OLB(Kruger) couldnt tackle a 5 year old right now.....and we have 2 unproven, highly touted OLB's in Mingo and Orchard.....PLAY THEM EVERY PLAY, BECAUSE IF THEY GET JUST 2 TACKLES, THEY ARE PLAYING BETTER THAN KRUGER.....

10) Blitz somebody dammit......Coach is supposed to be famous for creative blitz packages yada yada.....yet, we go into dime coverage everytime its an obvious passing down....aggressive wins the day.....STOP PLAYING SCARED!!!....

Honestly, I see this staff making poor personnel choices and going against the grain during games. I think that THEY think they are being unpredictable and not doing what "most" teams would do, so maybe they are just outsmarting themselves......like, we wont play Duke because they probably expect us to play Duke....duh......so well put in some unknown guy and really fool em!!!....

on number 5, mccown drives the browns down inside the redzone trailing 24-20 and turbin fumbles the ball...bet the posters will find a way to blame mccown on that one to...phapffffff....

on number 5, mccown drives the browns down inside the redzone trailing 24-20 and turbin fumbles the ball...bet the posters will find a way to blame mccown on that one to...phapffffff....

It wasn't the best of handoffs- but why was Turbin in the game in the first place?

Archived