THE BROWNS BOARD

WEED

sisky fringo

I don't give a fuck if it becomes legal or not. I can't be swayed by sob stories or magical tales of super medicine pot. I smoked a lot of pot in my day I know what it does. And I know whether it's legal or not legal it's simple to procure.

And...

I'm tired of potheads talking down to everyone about how fuckin great pot is.

pretend for a moment everything they say about it is true. have you considered what a completely ignorant and clueless asshole you would then be?

just some food for thought.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fucking right here, almost makes me not want it to be legal. Simply so I can laugh at those, whom... like the OP clown, are casual smokers that stand on the backs of people that carry the burden of disease that weed can help alleviate its effects of.

You scream medical benefits for those in need yet most who want it legal just want to blaze; They suffer not from ailments, but it sure helps looking like they give a damn.

im a clown.

a casual smoker who exploits people with real ailments.

the enemy. lol

you mis-speak on behalf of those who have opposing views to your own.

tiamat, i value and appreciate your contributions on the football side of the boatd. but this is a perfect example of why i never post over here.

all i will say is if you knew what i know, you wouldn't feel like you do. i promise.

Hey- so really, why should we stop at pot? If you can grow weed plants- why can't I grow some....

because the rest don't cure any

you sound like a typical Ohioan with no dog in the fight, armed with enough propoganda to make a post on a side football topic.

you've eaten crow before, this opinion actually affects people's quality of lufe...unlike the drawbacks of simple poor NFL predicting.

because the rest don't cure any

you sound like a typical Ohioan with no dog in the fight, armed with enough propaganda to make a post on a side football topic.

you've eaten crow before, this opinion actually affects people's quality of life...unlike the drawbacks of simple poor NFL predicting.

Please- if it's that big a "quality of life" issue- f**king move to Colorado, Washington, or Alaska- or figure out a way to get it shipped to you. Or did you miss out where I've said a couple times I don't have a particular problem against legalization? If Issue 3 fails- it's inevitable another bill is going come along soon with different conditions- and pass.

Well, Sisky- don't forget I worked in the medical profession for 40 years before I recently retired. I'm really hesitant to believe this "cures cancer" claim. Drug companies would be all over it, if it did. They're in business to make a buck, and they have the political clout to run controlled studies. Pot might help if you have seizures, and as a pain reliever- way safer than long term narcotics. With marijuana legal in several states, the scientific proof of it's medical benefits will be documented soon enough. Show me some stuff from the New England Journal of Medicine, or Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica and I'll start believing those claims. Not some report- well this guy had some weird form of cancer, started using hash oil and got "cured". Entirely possible he never had the disease in the first place.

Don't tell me the stuff is 100% safe either. I've seen more than a few psychotic episodes in our Emergency Room due to people going over the edge when they lit up or had a few too many brownies.

Marijuana (THC) is a psychoactive drug- use with caution. Wonder if it's legal- we'll see a medical disclaimer like the ones posted on tobacco products?

I want a box of cannabis oil infused gummy bears, hit the movie and get high as a mofo.

As the dude said in Woodstock," it's your trip, be my guest. Just watch out for that brown acid."

Please have a designated driver if you do. :)

Short answer. It doesn't fucking cure cancer.

Thank you Cisco- that link is straight from the American Cancer Society- and has a truckload of scientific references.

"There have been some early clinical trials of cannabinoids in treating cancer in humans and more studies are planned. While the studies so far have shown that cannabinoids can be safe in treating cancer, they do not show that they help control or cure the disease."

Gee whiz guys why does it have to be a miracle cure for anything? Some people want to get high. So fucking what?

WSS

Steve, my honest opinion is legal pot isn't going to be any worse than legal booze. It will cause problems in some people, just as alcohol does. So we'll have a new and different set of problems. :) Weed has been legal in many countries for years- and I don't see Colorado going to hell in a handbasket since they legalized.

The ONE topic not being discussed when debating legalized marijuana is the fact that it's amazing cousin HEMP would also be free. It's my understanding that HEMP is not legal because it looks so much like marijuana that the cops can't tell the difference. Hemp is a very beneficial plant that helped found this country and it's uses are many and varied. Ford once built a CAR made of hemp... that's amazing. So legalizing weed should also allow the growth of hemp and the creation of even more jobs from the manufacture of hemp made products... right?

Steve, my honest opinion is legal pot isn't going to be any worse than legal booze. It will cause problems in some people, just as alcohol does. So we'll have a new and different set of problems. :) Weed has been legal in many countries for years- and I don't see Colorado going to hell in a handbasket since they legalized.

I have never been against legalizing weed and I'm not now.

No idea why the potheads misunderstand.

All I'm saying is be honest and quit pretending it's some medical wonder drug.

And I tried to pound into people's heads that if they vote YES on two it will be a controlled substance like morphine and oxy. It will still be illegal for recreational use and only the big pharmaceutical companies will rake in the money.

WSS

Stop being disingenuous and fake concerned for the minor quality of life benefits it might have and just say youre for it because it gets you high.

I'm for it so that people can get high. I have no problem with people getting high. I can't do it but I could give a shit of other people do. Don't try to sell me on hemp or curing cancer or any other nonsense.

I'm being totally serious. Hemp. Look it up.

Well, here. I'll do it for you.

What is hemp

Organic hempseeds

Hemp is a variety of cannabis that is grown for the fiber and seeds. The fiber and seeds are incredible valuable and is why hemp is often called a “cash crop”. Hemp is a very hearty plant and grows very quickly in very diverse soil conditions. Cultivation of hemp for industrial purposes has been done by many civilizations for over 12,000 years. Industrial hemp was the desired fiber used to manufacture rope, canvas, paper, and clothing until alternative textiles and synthetics for these purposes were discovered. Although China has been the largest hemp producer over the years, other countries such as Australia and Canada are catching up. It has been illegal for anyone to grow hemp in the United States as hemp is illegal under the marijuana prohibition act but Colorado has changed the laws and paved the way for industrial hemp production again in the United States(see hemp history). Now hemp oils, hemp plastics, hemp building materials and many hemp fiber products can be seen and purchased on the market. Hemp is truly an amazing plant with the potential to help “green up” many industries.

Hemp leaves

Hemp leaves

Traditionally, hemp fiber has been a very coarse fiber when raw, which made it well suited to rope but less than ideal for clothing designed to be worn against delicate human skin. Advances in breeding of the plants and treatment/processing of the fibers have resulted in a much finer, softer hemp fiber, which is ideal for weaving into hemp clothing, fabrics and rope. Watch the video on Hemp for victory to learn more about the importance of hemp during war times.

The “re-“growth of industrial hemp in the United States is heavily regulated, although the neighbouring nation of Canada successfully grows hemp commercially. Since becoming legal to grow again in Canada, the crop has taken off and has become a booming multi-million dollar export. Hemp building materials are another growing segment of the hemp industry. Canada is now a leader in the global hemp food/health marketplace. Canadian hemp products can be found in many hemp markets now in the United States and the world over.

In addition to providing useful fibers, hemp seed also has high nutritional value. and the plant can be used to make biodegradable plastics, some fuels, and a variety of other things. Hemp foods including but not limited to hemp energy bars, hemp salad dressing,hemp milk, hemp protein shakes, hemp oil gel caps and hemp protein powder are among some of the health products being produced today. Visit the Hemp Education pages to learn more!

More like they want their blazing to be legal... and it should be.

I won't disagree. It should be legal.

I only ask from those who take the stance of legality to be honest on the reason(s) why they've come to that decision.

Most who just want to get high couldnt care less about the medicinal benefits or the health of those they claim it improves.

nah. Our society doesn't need MORE problems.

I still say legalization will lead to trespassing on land not owned by the growers.

I mean, beer doesn't require people sneaking onto other peoples' property...

there would be pot growing in every nook and cranny on public and private land.

They won't have to worry about felonies anymore.

That is just dumb.

. Don't let these people use your desire to legalize to get rich over your rights.

This is the main issue I have with issue 3.

I support legalization, the alcohol comparison is somewhat valid because the dangers of alcohol are well known - I think the dangers of smoking marijuana are underrated (whereas an edible or vapor wouldn't be so damaging) - but still don't think weed is more dangerous than alcohol.

One concern I have is field sobriety tests, harder to accurately prove marijuana consumption because it stays in the system for weeks.

nah. Our society doesn't need MORE problems.

I still say legalization will lead to trespassing on land not owned by the growers.

I mean, beer doesn't require people sneaking onto other peoples' property...

there would be pot growing in every nook and cranny on public and private land.

They won't have to worry about felonies anymore.

That is just dumb.

Cal, if we pass an Alaska style bill- you could make a couple hundred thousand a year growing it on the farm.

Pot should be legal, but not through a monopoly like issue 3. Anyone who has the land/capital to grow it should be allowed to, not just the 10 millionaires that paid the state government for licenses. That's crony capitalism.

I'm starting to come to that conclusion. If Alaska can come up with a better plan, we should too.

http://www.weedbiz.us/cannabis-industry/alaska-marijuana-business-faq

Looks like anyone can apply for a commercial grow license, and the state collects a $50 an ounce tax on everything you grow.

Jesus... 50 dollars an ounce? That's fucking insane.

Archived