THE BROWNS BOARD

You can't defend this circus anymore.

WalterWhite

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how this team is always surprised when the other team tries to score points when they expect them to come out and take a knee (like we would) and hurry up and get to the end of the half... but instead they try to score... its so sad but we have to be the only team who is happy to get a field goal instead of td. This team just lacks any kind of killer instinct.

Yeah, and I doubt if your job is in any part about maintaining a level of emotional excitement that allows you to throw your body around with abandon against the most dangerous athletes in the world against all rational impulses.

Still think that is a bit overrated. Not that passion doesn't play a roll but the guys who fly around like their hair is on fire make mistakes. You'll hear the good ones talking about the game slowing down and watching things in slow motion. Still think it all comes down to doing your job albeit with some attitude.

It's like we get excited in this town for exactly 2-3 weeks a year selling our hopes and dreams on a hopeful season, but around this team each year the dreams come crashing down like a tons of bricks on our heads. Then we have to wait another 50 weeks and start the very short cycle over again.

Doesn't matter how we lose the season, whether it by our defense, or offense, or QB or WRs, or whatever, this team WILL create a losing atmoshere, some how some way.

LOL at this pathetic franchise, 2-3 weeks a year, thats all we get.

Cleveland BTFO.

another guy who's sunshine and optimism over the 5-11 record

Some people just have a different way of handling things that they have no control over. Some like to just come here and bitch and piss and moan over and over again and offer no solutions. Just loving the attention of being negative peckerheads.

On the 15 yard TD run by Gurley, Pettine threw his headset and was in the ear of the blind ref. Hell Ray Charles could've seen the hold on that play.

no no no no no...he threw his headset because his wife was on the other end and told him the lasagna burned in the oven because she fell asleep watching his team....

no no no no no...he threw his headset because his wife was on the other end and told him the lasagna burned in the oven because she fell asleep watching his team....

hard to believe you don't have your own cable show with witty writing like that..

It's like we get excited in this town for exactly 2-3 weeks a year selling our hopes and dreams on a hopeful season, but around this team each year the dreams come crashing down like a tons of bricks on our heads. Then we have to wait another 50 weeks and start the very short cycle over again.

Doesn't matter how we lose the season, whether it by our defense, or offense, or QB or WRs, or whatever, this team WILL create a losing atmoshere, some how some way.

LOL at this pathetic franchise, 2-3 weeks a year, thats all we get.

Cleveland BTFO.

what really gripes me and you are right, it seems like the season is over by week 6 but we were 7-4 last yr after 11 games and lost the last 5. We now lost 5 out of the first 7 and really, i have a hard time seeing this circus winning another game or two. We are back to a complete downward spiral that could see more of the same shit that usually happens. That being the season is over after the first few weeks. what the fuck happened. i truly believe pettine is very close to being on the hot seat...If we lose the rest of the games, which is quite possible, i believe he is toast..

Look I'm not on the fire Pettine bandwagon, but it's fair criticism to say a few things about him.

- A TON of the penalties were discipline related. There's a decent level of coaching responsibility for that.

-He makes some head scratching decisions with timeouts and late game situations that just aren't good.

it's all coach releated...I think every olineman was called for a false start...wtf...are you kidding me... oh wait, that was the refs fault for calling those penalties . right?

it's all coach releated...I think every olineman was called for a false start...wtf...are you kidding me... oh wait, that was the refs fault for calling those penalties . right?

Coaches relay discipline in players to lessen discipline related plays like false starts, that's literally coaching 101. Might be on the O-line coach some too and obviously the players but coaches bear responsibility for that.

We are back to a complete downward spiral that could see more of the same shit that usually happens. That being the season is over after the first few weeks. what the fuck happened.

What the fuck happened:

• constant shuffling of defensive players, no continuity
  • somehow our "blue chip" offensive line filled with #1 & #2 picks cannot run block
  • ridiculous amount of penalties
  • inability to win at home
  • poor drafting
  • can't stop anybody last 2 minutes of the half or 4th quarter

I'm sure there's more....it's almost impossible to be this bad for so long, and I was truly optimistic about this season.

I swear on a lot of our defensive plays second half we weren't lined up in time, everyone pointing to each other as the ball is snapped

They were playing the "Chineese Fire Drill" defense. you didn't see the Rams doing that- ONeil is so into situational defense- he out thinks himself. Running players in and out of the game.

Dude, are you recovering from hallucinogenic drugs? "What happens to this franchise if we fie Pettine?" For fuck's sake dude, this is a 4 - 12 team. D'uh..... NOTHING bad can happen when you are already a shit team. Seriously, the mental masturbation and idiot fiction that goes on in the minds of some fans is bizarre.

Are you actually under the belief that the Browns are a work in progress; that a system is being built; that there is some foundation that we must allow to solidify?

Forrest, listen up, it doesn't take years for a team to come out and be good at the basics, blocking, tackling, catching, passing, and not drawing penalties. A coach needs ONE (1) preseason to take care of that basic bullshit. Pettine is Romeo Crennell.

When you have a winner.............. THEN.... there is impact in firing him. But when you have shit... and by all measures, Pettine IS shit..... you can't lose by making a change. There is absolutely no downside to firing this asshole.

Frankly- this was a total shit show today Tom. Three holding penalties and a illegal proceedure on ONE drive? Pettine should have reamed the losers a good one when they came off the field.

Oh wait, Urban Meyer

I'll take Jim Tressell. My prediction- at this rate, we're going to be lucky to win two more games. The team has regressed in everty concievable way.

Why did we lose today? As I said earlier- not only was "The Curse" in attendance- the Browns wore those brown pants- they're bad luck- they almost always lose when they wear them. So burn the damn things .

I want a guy that is FIRE AND BRIMSTONE.

Since 1999 we have had 1 pussy after another

Get a guy that breathes fire for once

The guy I wanted 100% was Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and we interviewed him but turned him down for Chud. Now he's having a decent season in Minnesota. I wanted Chip Kelly as well but Haskam couldn't swing it. I also wanted Cowher but he's not coming back. Gruden got too comfy in the booth and probably doesn't have the same fire in his belly.

Kevin Sumlin, Bob Stoops, Tom Herman, and Greg Roman all come to mind...

Trust me we do not want Kevin Sumlin.

Saban on the other hand constantly talks down to Bama fans like he's really annoyed at his position there. He also adores the Browns and their fans.

Amen on Sumlin, brother war.... but you can't trust Saban.

On the 15 yard TD run by Gurley, Pettine threw his headset and was in the ear of the blind ref. Hell Ray Charles could've seen the hold on that play.

Doesn't fit Walter's narrative so he ignored your post....

Good Idea... Merged...

Just needs new title now... "The Game 7 Piss & Moan Collection"

Am I the only one who thinked the defense looked best this week.

Me, three... until they wore down in Q4 anyway...

I'll take Jim Tressell.

Not ready to fold on Pet yet, but if I do...

Shocked it took this long for someone to remember Jim is sitting around Akron somewhere...

Archived