THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

They went like 27 drives without an offensive TD. They only score 1 offensive TD against a pourous Browns D missing two starting cornerbacks. Manning is a shotgun QB being asked to bootleg all the time. Their offensive line is the worst it's been on years. Manning looked like they lost in the postgame presser. I could go on and on.

Go on and on all you want. They're 6-0 and in a shitty division. They will win the west and play a home playoff game. The defense will keep them in every game against every team except for possibly New England.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line, if fat ass Pettine had gone for 1 instead of 2, we would have 1, capish?

Thanks captain hindsight....

According to you, if we played drunk Johnny, we would've won easily right? Kinda wish we would've...that pass rush would've killed him and all his faggot fanboys could go back to whereever they came from.

Thanks captain hindsight....

According to you, if we played drunk Johnny, we would've won easily right? Kinda wish we would've...that pass rush would've killed him and all his faggot fanboys could go back to whereever they came from.

Right, because McCown is so mobile, lol.

6-0 puts them in the top 5. Yes they were without one of their best players on defense but the Browns were without 2 so every team has injuries.

Every single person in here would be shitting all over themselves if we were 6-0 regardless of how shitty the team looked getting there, hell id give the ol' left nut prolly. Its all about the W's when its all said and done and Denver is now 6-0. God i wish we were that bad.....

Have they sacked Manning today? Have we found a running back in Turbin?

Better question is- did the Brown's defense even TOUCH Manning all game?

Bad call on the 2-point try. Kicking the PAT at least shifts the 2-pt pressure to Denver.

Based upon what I saw line, our interior OL simply did not keep pressure out of McC's face. But we shall see...

Several serious breakdowns got McCown killed- especially the lost fumble.

Jesus....bunch of whiny pussies in here.

I want to win these damn games- too bad if you just like artistic losses. I'm F***ing tired of these "close no cigar" games. We had it when Mingo intercepted that pass- then we put it in full reverse.

We held our own but imo we screwed the pooch when we had it at the 40 and go back 28 yards and punt. We had it. We fucking had it

what I just said.

Bottom line, if fat ass Pettine had gone for 1 instead of 2, we would have 1, capish?

Because the Broncos surely wouldn't have gone for 2 after their touchdown, right?

Thank you, TCPO, for taking the torch and carrying on...

Carry on...

Better question is- did the Brown's defense even TOUCH Manning all game?

Touch? Yes, Meder did. Impact? No.

h,

Was it as quiet at the game as it seemed during the broadcast? Saw a lot of shots of fans yelling late, but could still hear Manning over the crowd.

However, kicking the extra point and forcing the other team to execute a two point conversion seems much more appealing to me.

I like the odds of asking the Donkeys to have to makes plays as opposed forcing a 2pt try when it was not needed.

Carry on...

Touch? Yes, Meder did. Impact? No.

h,

Was it as quiet at the game as it seemed during the broadcast? Saw a lot of shots of fans yelling late, but could still hear Manning over the crowd.

You've got to be a gay mother fucker.

h,

Yeah- much less enthused opposed to the Titans game. There were a ton of Fairweather Front running Broncos\Manning lovers in attendance.

Just got home from the game and for once I actually felt the Browns had as good a chance to win as lose . . . Which is a step in the right direction. But coaching is still killing us.

Beyond the decision to go for 2, which I questioned, but at least could see the reasoning, the overtime period was amateur hour. Our D couldn't get up to the line or get off the field in time (because we have to switch our lineman every play), it was on coaching to call the time out and get that shit corrected. The fact we didn't have a chance to kick the game winning field goal after intercepting on their 39 lays completely at the feet of the coaching staff. Why on god's green earth do you call the most risky running play in the book on first down in that situation. I know we have a rookie kicker, but you run up the middle a couple times and hopefully gain 6 yards and you at least have a shot. Pettine having no faith in his players unless they are grizzled veterans is costing this team.

Re: Our defense. That over call O'Neil likes to give. We need to more work on holding the backside contain and filling the B gap. Might have been game speed and I missed it, but it felt like several times Mingo, Kirksey just didn't fill and after Manning would audible to the weakside, Denver would make it a solid gain.

Just got home from the game and for once I actually felt the Browns had as good a chance to win as lose . . . Which is a step in the right direction. But coaching is still killing us.

Beyond the decision to go for 2, which I questioned, but at least could see the reasoning, the overtime period was amateur hour. Our D couldn't get up to the line or get off the field in time (because we have to switch our lineman every play), it was on coaching to call the time out and get that shit corrected. The fact we didn't have a chance to kick the game winning field goal after intercepting on their 39 lays completely at the feet of the coaching staff. Why on god's green earth do you call the most risky running play in the book on first down in that situation. I know we have a rookie kicker, but you run up the middle a couple times and hopefully gain 6 yards and you at least have a shot. Pettine having no faith in his players unless they are grizzled veterans is costing this team.

i have not read every post but my first post was why the f did we run turbin to the outside...that was the play that cost us the game at that point..whoever called itneeds to get their ass kicked......jeez....

We dropped 23 on the best defense in the league and took an undefeated team to overtime.

We're not what we were before.

me thinks we have been 2-4 before...many times as a matter of fact...don't care who we play...good teams mediocre teams etc...nothing has changed..bad play calling, horrible ol play...no pass rush.. another 100 plus rusher ..really...so what if haden was out...he is having a shitty yr anyway...i have seen his ass get kicked more often than not this yr...and what did gibson do prior to his injury.....makes an int then fumbles it right back to the jets on the same play...yeah great...got news for ya...if ware would have played we would have got crushed the way our ol played today...we......still......suck......it's all about the w's and the l's...

A lot of what ifs, missed opportunities and mistakes are the reason we are 2-4 right now and not 5-1. Even the Jets game I have to wonder if the outcome would have been different had McCown not gone out of the game in the first quarter? In the Oakland game we started playing with some urgency in the second half and made a good comeback that fell short. Why didn't we have the sense of urgency the whole game? Against the Chargers we put enough points on the board to win but defense cost us that game. In today's game I put more of the blame on the offense. The defense played well enough for us to win but the offense could not come through when needed. You cannot waste an opportunity in OT of an interception and getting the ball at the opponents 40 and have to punt. You can't do it. The other team will say thank you very much and make you pay for missing the golden opportunity which Manning did.

I blame not getting the extra point, all else was ebb and flow in the game, well fought and hell even mingo showed up. I put this loss on pettine. Live and learn.

Wow.. Too much sand in your vagina today?

JM is a better QB...simple as that. i have been watching the browns ALMOST do it for 35 years now and im TIRED OF IT!!! same stupid crap no matter who is HC...QB...ECT... JM looks good! PUT HIM IN AND LET HIM LEARN by playing.

Have you even watched the last three games?? You are a moron.

I blame not getting the extra point, all else was ebb and flow in the game, well fought and hell even mingo showed up. I put this loss on pettine. Live and learn.

On one hand the 2 points would put us up by 2 field goals yet on the other hand if Denver would score a td next on the very first play (which they did now we need a field goal to tie instead of a fg to win). It was not a good decision by Pettine but I thought the odds of our being successful on the 2 point conversion went up huge when Denver got the penalty and we got the ball on the one yard line. Still you are right, should have kicked the extra point and put the pressure on Denver to go for 2 on their score.

Defense definitely did not play like world beaters today. Another 150 yards given up on the ground, db's routinely getting torched on the outside and almost no pressure.

They did make some nice stops and a few nice grabs, but they haven't turned any corners . . . Let's not forget this isn't the manning of old or some high powered offense . . . Manning god love him is at the end of his rope.

I wonder how much grease the NFL is gonna put on the Denver wheels so he can go out top?

Coaches are to coach to win period. Not play for Ties that you may lose. Today we failed as a Team at both. plenty to go around but at the 39, chart or no chart, it's in the line & Coons. Pet & Flip let it go wrong today many times not playing for the win imo. But they don't tackle either..

Here's the thing for me fellas-at the end of the day the NFL is all about winning. Denver might be a "bad" undefeated team but you know what? they have a goose egg in the loss column and we now see a 4. I'm so tired of hearing "we played a great game" and "we're playing competitive". I'm not calling anyone out in particular here, but seriously fuck that line of thinking. I've heard Browns fan say that for going on 10 years. High school and college are the levels to sit there and make that claim, not the NFL.

We had this game by the balls. Our damn near bust top 5 pick actually makes a great play and we need a few yards in the right direction to give our money kicker a chance to win the game. Instead we go back, give the ball back to noodle arm Manning and lose. Al Davis said it best, just win baby. I just truly and completely don't know what it's going to take to turn the damn corner and not lose like the Browns manage to year in and year out.

Archived