THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously...are you fuckers going to spend all week blaming McCown? Just let me know so I can plan to not visit all week long till next Sunday.

Really...

well lets see. first time this year JM had no time with the starters. AND still looked good. second time we win. he can run! he can throw! he is getting better with the read! so why all the hate??????????????? please tell me.

Tired? Take a nap...

no but the bigger issue is, mccown is not going to win a superbowl for the browns, he probably won't even get them to the playoffs....he's 36 and will fade away shortly...we still have a drunk as a backup qb that will probably soon be release...so tell me, where is our future superbowl qb...ehh

College?

2-4 is what it is. Wins over terrible Tennessee and Baltimore. It will be interesting to see where this team is by the bye week. Could be 3-7 very easily.

yeah, i believe you are right...i look at even the steelers, who lose rothlisberger, then vick who definetly is not there long term solution wins a game, gets hurt today and this 3rd stringer comes in and looks like he may be big bens sucessor...i know it was only one game, but shit, our organization can't get anything right...

Felt like they played a good game. Almost Great but they had to many key errors.

OLine has been the biggest disappointment for me. Can't create holes can't block a 4 man rush to give QB time. When you can't run AT ALL it gives other teams all the time in the world to run.

ONeil needs to pack it up. He's done. How many weeks in a row is that left side going to be wide open to getting gashed.

Other than that, I'll take it. Turbin looks like a bruiser, not bad for a free pick up. Duke adds a wrinkle, Gary proved he can still put up numbers against a great Defense.

The only game management I saw a big problem with was not calling timeout in 3rd down deep in your own zone when you defense wasn't ready for the play. Everything else had a purpose. i understand bitching about the extra point, but when all they could do was kick field goals up until that point it makes sense to go up by 6 also. Don't feel you can reason out that 5 point lead with that much time left. To much time, to much could happen.

This game proves they can play with the big boys. Fix the stupid shit and move on.

Anybody that says they need to put Manziel in at this point should have their user name sent to the JM Fanboy forum.

We held our own but imo we screwed the pooch when we had it at the 40 and go back 28 yards and punt. We had it. We fucking had it

yeah, we had it.. what a great call by either our oc or hc to pitch the ball to turbin for a 3 yd loss after the mingo int...running him up the middle for minimal yardage would have given our kicker a chance...after that loss, all the momentum went to denver....same shit differnt yr...that is the truth...paint it as you want. its the truth..

We held our own but imo we screwed the pooch when we had it at the 40 and go back 28 yards and punt. We had it. We fucking had it

That, sir, is a reasonable, fucking commentary...

same with this country. till ppl stand up and say im tired of the same stupid shit year after year it will never change!

Don't go there... not in this section...

... and look outside. There are kids on your lawn.

Blitzing is a great idea when you're secondary can hold up. We're down two Pro Bowl DB's.

You can mix up looks and blitz on occasion, sure. While Manning's arm might be gone, his mind is still a weapon. He was calling out good protections all game and I recall several of our blitzes and stunts not getting an ounce of pressure.

Bingo... bunched blitzes to nowhere was all I saw on the few occasions we did blitz.

I didn't know we got blown out this game? I thought we took undefeated Denver into overtime and lost because we did not capitalize when we got the opportunity. We are headed in the right direction. We are in these games in the fourth quarter and maybe that is the next hurdle this team needs to jump over such as finding ways to win these close games instead of finding ways to lose them.

Bravo, OBF... it's a process.

2-4 is what it is. Wins over terrible Tennessee and Baltimore. It will be interesting to see where this team is by the bye week. Could be 3-7 very easily.

Not long ago, we were one of those terrible teams.

Fire Pettine and Farmer. JFF would have won this game, bank it.

And people say you have no sense of humor...

Hard to believe you could be this dumb.

He is..Josh is not the reason why this team lost today.. it was a team loss all the way around.

He is..Josh is not the reason why this team lost today.. it was a team loss all the way around.

True. We score a touchdown and take the lead 20-16 and now it is time for the defense to get a 3 and out and continue the momentum but Denver gets the ball back and scores a td in one play.

good one....heh heh heh....college...

I took a shot... ;)

Felt like they played a good game. Almost Great but they had to many key errors.

OLine has been the biggest disappointment for me. Can't create holes can't block a 4 man rush to give QB time. When you can't run AT ALL it gives other teams all the time in the world to run.

ONeil needs to pack it up. He's done. How many weeks in a row is that left side going to be wide open to getting gashed.

Other than that, I'll take it. Turbin looks like a bruiser, not bad for a free pick up. Duke adds a wrinkle, Gary proved he can still put up numbers against a great Defense.

The only game management I saw a big problem with was not calling timeout in 3rd down deep in your own zone when you defense wasn't ready for the play. Everything else had a purpose. i understand bitching about the extra point, but when all they could do was kick field goals up until that point it makes sense to go up by 6 also. Don't feel you can reason out that 5 point lead with that much time left. To much time, to much could happen.

This game proves they can play with the big boys. Fix the stupid shit and move on.

Anybody that says they need to put Manziel in at this point should have their user name sent to the JM Fanboy forum.

A point-worthy summary... I, too, think we are going to see more Turbin this coming week.

I'd only add that I did not like the clock management decision to call time out after that first completion to Benji at the end of regulation. We'd just gotten a nice chunk of yardage and a hurry up might have gotten more. Instead they regroup and we leave them a lot of time after an incompletion and an INT.

Had the following incompletion to Sanders review gone the other way, then we never see OT...

We dropped 23 on the best defense in the league and took an undefeated team to overtime.

We're not what we were before.

17 on the defense, without one of their best players, and Denver is not even a top 5 NFL team.

Wins vs Tennessee & Baltimore

Losses vs Oakland, San Diego & Denver

Nothing has really changed

17 on the defense, without one of their best players, and Denver is not even a top 5 NFL team.

Wins vs Tennessee & Baltimore

Losses vs Oakland, San Diego & Denver

Nothing has really changed

6-0 puts them in the top 5. Yes they were without one of their best players on defense but the Browns were without 2 so every team has injuries.

Poor coaching did us in. Our Defense is going to be a liability all season long, to drop 23 points on the No 1 defense (17 from offense) should be enough to win. Turbin should have run between the tackles after the OT turnover, he's the least familiar with the playbook why toss it to him? Duke was cleared to play he should've been in for that play instead. Failed two point conversion was a dumb decision, extra point was the proper decision (Pettine couldn't explain it post game convincingly).

I wasn't expecting us to win this because of our defense but we were close enough to close it out.

Poor coaching did us in. Our Defense is going to be a liability all season long, to drop 23 points on the No 1 defense (17 from offense) should be enough to win. Turbin should have run between the tackles after the OT turnover, he's the least familiar with the playbook why toss it to him? Duke was cleared to play he should've been in for that play instead. Failed two point conversion was a dumb decision, extra point was the proper decision (Pettine couldn't explain it post game convincingly).

I wasn't expecting us to win this because of our defense but we were close enough to close it out.

I don't think our defense cost us the game. They allowed 17 points

A good friend who is a huge Broncos fan admits they are beating the dregs right now.

Oh...well that settles it. If your friend says so then it has to be true. They're still 6-0 and are in a shitty division, they're going to easily win the west and have a home game in the first round of the playoffs. The defense is legit and can carry them a long way, even with Manning playing poorly.

I don't think our defense cost us the game. They allowed 17 points

After the Browns scored a touchdown and went up 20-16 it was time for the defense to step up and they promptly gave up a touchdown. Then the defense got the interception with Mingo at the 40 and it was time for the offense in OT to step up and move the ball just a little bit and probably win the game but they quickly go backwards 20 yards. MISSED opportunities on offense and defense. Frustrating to lose these games that have been very winnable.

Oh...well that settles it. If your friend says so then it has to be true. They're still 6-0 and are in a shitty division, they're going to easily win the west and have a home game in the first round of the playoffs. The defense is legit and can carry them a long way, even with Manning playing poorly.

They went like 27 drives without an offensive TD. They only score 1 offensive TD against a pourous Browns D missing two starting cornerbacks. Manning is a shotgun QB being asked to bootleg all the time. Their offensive line is the worst it's been on years. Manning looked like they lost in the postgame presser. I could go on and on.

Archived