THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Huh??

Hes completing 70% and has 15 td's against 2 Ints. And has the 3rd highest rating in the league.

So if playin GREAT means he sucks. Then I agree. Otherwise, thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Well, you think that because you don't understand. Try looking into it. You and cleve don't have to

knee jerk about it.

I have been talking about McCown not having star receivers. And Aaron Rodgers got another wr hurt.

So what happens? He's having trouble. I happen to have said what I said for a reason.

http://sportsnaut.com/2015/10/aaron-rodgers-losing-sleep-over-struggling-packers-offense/

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-ty-montgomery-ankle-injury-101815

"On Sunday against the Rams, Green Bay’s offense did sputter, as indicated on the team’s website. Here are some numbers that clearly illustrate this:....

Like I posted before, the Browns are 5th in the NFL in the 3rd down conversion rankings.

The Packers were only 4 of 13. Rodgers threw two INT's, and had a fumble.

You would bitch if McCown did that. Sure, Rodgers is an outstanding qb ...

but if even an outstanding qb can suffer with the loss of his wr's... why the hell not

give McCown some freakin credit for doing as well as he is doing when he hasn't had them

in the first place?

• Eighty-six yards rushing.
  • Four of 13 on third down.
  • Three giveaways, which included two Rodgers interceptions and a Rodgers fumble."

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoken like a "true" fan

Not willing to put the time and effort in to cheer on your team . . . What a "soldier" you are

First, I am a season ticket holder. I enjoy going. There are rare weeks when I decide to chill and watch it on my 65" so I send family. In Mik's defense people support and cheer on their team in different ways. Mik for example made some damn fine Brownsboard tshirts. Everyone can't go to the stadium, that doesn't make them a lesser fan per se in my book.

Spoken like a "true" fan

Not willing to put the time and effort in to cheer on your team . . . What a "soldier" you are

yeah, i know. i've only been giving my blood sweat and tears for the team since i met dave logan in 1980 (prob weren't even born yet were you?). have never lived in ohio since. time and effort. ha, you let me know what you do that takes such time and effort. then i'll tell you what i do.

punk.

First, I am a season ticket holder. I enjoy going. There are rare weeks when I decide to chill and watch it on my 65" so I send family. In Mik's defense people support and cheer on their team in different ways. Mik for example made some damn fine Brownsboard tshirts. Everyone can't go to the stadium, that doesn't make them a lesser fan per se in my book.

I hear ya,

But being so quick to call out others "fandom" because we get frustrated and pissed off at the product we continually get on the field, then basically saying those of us who invest in the season tickets, gas, money, etc. etc. to cheer for our team are the "dumb" ones.

Maybe if he invested more than just watching the games in a bar, where big tittied women tend his every need, he'd be less likely to call people out who are tired of the same rhetoric we continually hear.

yeah, i know. i've only been giving my blood sweat and tears for the team since i met dave logan in 1980 (prob weren't even born yet were you?). have never lived in ohio since. time and effort. ha, you let me know what you do that takes such time and effort. then i'll tell you what i do.

punk.

You're right, you're older than me, which means you at least have memories of the Browns being a competitive football team. The Browns were stolen right as I was becoming a die hard fan. So the only memories I have are misery and tales of days of old.

You should be happy there are fans my age that aren't apathetic to the way the Browns continually "fight hard, but come up just short".

you think 'we' apathetic fans are happy when the browns lose?

when i first joined this board i was worse than half of you. bitching and complaining. screaming about this and that. and there were always the constant calming fans that were on their own plane. true die hard fans that have lived longer than i and seen more than i've seen. and it kind of swayed my way of posting on here. sure you'll see some 3am stupid paragraphs of drunken wisdom i might preach but i've really tried to not get so serious about this game we watch for 16 weeks of our year.

you think there weren't expletives being shouted out of my living that could be heard a mile away yesterday? of course there were and i'd prob get banned from here if i used that language. thing is we CAN'T keep doing the same old thing: ripping apart the org every 2-3 years. there is plenty of blame to go around for these losses but for people to be calling for people's jobs when they are rookies themselves is insane.

negativity gets you nowhere fast, except the grave.

when i first joined this board i was worse than half of you. bitching and complaining. screaming about this and that. and there were always the constant calming fans that were on their own plane. true die hard fans that have lived longer than i and seen more than i've seen. and it kind of swayed my way of posting on here. sure you'll see some 3am stupid paragraphs of drunken wisdom i might preach but i've really tried to not get so serious about this game we watch for 16 weeks of our year.

you think there weren't expletives being shouted out of my living that could be heard a mile away yesterday? of course there were and i'd prob get banned from here if i used that language. thing is we CAN'T keep doing the same old thing: ripping apart the org every 2-3 years. there is plenty of blame to go around for these losses but for people to be calling for people's jobs when they are rookies themselves is insane.

^ This ( I always make sure my front door is closed during the game, so my neighbors don't think I have Tourette's )

That's me as well....well..except for the expletives being shouted. I've got kids at home and that would be frowned upon to scream them at my television. However, my wife and I were living and dying with every play during the game yesterday.

As Mik said...we just can't keep ripping the organization apart every 2 years (or less). Someone else mentioned the Bengals and Marvin Lewis as an example and it's a good one. Who here wouldn't take the next 10 years of "frustration" the Bengals have had being competitive each year only to lose in the playoffs? Get me the playoffs and then we can worry about winning a fucking playoff game.

I never said that either, I'm just tired of hearing the same bullshit after seeing the same mistakes.

Look, I like Pettine, I really like him in fact. He's not afraid to be aggressive when it comes to game day decisions. That said, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, maybe he should take a more conventional approach in some situations. Like not running a pitch sweep on the opponents 39 yard line in OT.

I'm willing to live through the growing pains when there is evidence of change. Right now Pettine is starting to look like he is one of these guys who refuses to make changes to something that's not working, mainly the defense.

Flying into cle from London next week, I should probably see a psychiatrist :-)

Especially since that's our Bye week...

That pick 6 happened right in front of me- If Benji ran the wrong route, I'll give McCown a pass- but that ball was under thrown by 10 yards.

Watching the replay I was pretty sure that it was all on McC and his read, but if the ball was that underthrown (not evident in the replay angles), then it makes me think "wrong route" all over again.

Sure, Rodgers is an outstanding qb ... but if even an outstanding qb can suffer with the loss of his wr's... why the hell not give McCown some freakin credit for doing as well as he is doing when he hasn't had them in the first place?

Yet is there any real doubt what Rogers would do with our WR set?

===============================================================================

And no, London, next week is not our Bye week... ;)

thats alot of moola....5k...i could not afford that even if they had a good team, which they don't. I know it is not all rich folks spending that kind of cash. If your middle class, you need to rethink your spending habits. And looking at the long term for this team, at this point, it does not look good...Who is our qb, will we ever have a really good rb, will the defense ever have a consistant pass rush. This is what, yr 16 and we still suck. I'd be seriously thinking about putting that 5k per yr toward the ever increasing health care costs. I think that is just a little more important than football...

That $5K is for the Club Seats. $1k is the Dawg Pound. That's 2 tickets in case you're interested. Even with Haslam raising the prices 25% this year- they're still cheap by NFL standards. In NY or NE- I'd be paying at least $100 more per ticket.

^+1- I agree. just because you can't afford or don't want to go through the hassle of attending a game, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Stadium revenue is almost incidental income to owners- the real cash cow is TV revenue. Directv is shelling out $1.5 BILLION per year just for Sunday Ticket- and God only knows what CBS, FOX, and NBC are paying- it has to be a lot more.

calfoxwc, on 19 Oct 2015 - 5:59 PM, said:

snapback.png

Sure, Rodgers is an outstanding qb ... but if even an outstanding qb can suffer with the loss of his wr's... why the hell not give McCown some freakin credit for doing as well as he is doing when he hasn't had them in the first place?

Yet is there any real doubt what Rogers would do with our WR set? Hoorta

Well, crap, not even I can argue with that.... it's just tough that between Gordon and Bowe, the Browns

don't have "that" guy who can get on...WANTS to be on the field, and wanting to win.

Regarding the 2 point decision on Sunday...

2. Digging deeper on Sunday’s two-point conversion attempt

Browns coach Mike Pettine laid out the reasons Sunday behind going for two with a 20-16 lead after Dansby’s interception return for a touchdown. He went a little deeper behind the logistics and play call Monday.

Pettine’s initial reaction was to kick the extra point, he said Monday. While the officials reviewed Dansby’s touchdown, Pettine and the staff talked through it and opted to go for two. The logistics are a little different after a pick-six because the offense isn’t on the field, but the Browns had the players they wanted on the field for their first attempt.

Josh McCownicon-article-link.gif’s first pass attempt to Travis Benjaminicon-article-link.gif fell incomplete. An offsides penalty gave Cleveland new life and moved the ball to the 1-yard line. The second attempt had the same result, prompting questions as to why the Browns didn’t attempt a run.

Pettine explained why Monday.

“They are a Cover Zero team on two-point plays,” Pettine said. “It is difficult to gain a yard when you have a guy running through every gap and a free hitter sitting behind him to scrape to the ball. That is why we decided to go with the play we went with. They defended it well to their credit.”

Right now Pettine is starting to look like he is one of these guys who refuses to make changes to something that's not working, mainly the defense.

i'm thinking more in the lines of he gives decisions on D to o'neill and decisions on O to flip. HC is supposed to be the game manager not the D coordinator or the O coordinator.

but if one or both aren't up to the task in certain situations he should have the override decision button available at all times.

i think in year 2 everyone is still learning. everyone.

calfoxwc, on 19 Oct 2015 - 5:59 PM, said:

snapback.png

Yet is there any real doubt what Rogers would do with our WR set? Hoorta Tour

Well, crap, not even I can argue with that.... it's just tough that between Gordon and Bowe, the Browns

don't have "that" guy who can get on...WANTS to be on the field, and wanting to win.

How about now with the quote's source fixed... ;)

Regarding the 2 point decision on Sunday...

Even I think that's overthinking it... and I overthink everything... I think...

You go for two when:

- you trail late by 2, 5, or 9,

- if you are ahead late to make the point differential 3 or 7.

That's about it...

Archived