THE BROWNS BOARD

Bold Predictions

wargograw

OU-UT game is worthless in analyzing both programs

OU is still a good team. I beg they go 9-3 at WORST, beating one of Baylor and TCU in the process.

Texas loses to K State. Beats ISU, beats KU, wins another random game. 5-7.

MSU beats Michigan. The disrespect towards a program that has been a powerhouse for a solid half-decade now is baffling. I know Michigan looks great. Very good team right now. But I think MSU does a lot of playing up/down to their competition level. Sorry Woody, that's just my gut.

Ohio State limps to 12-0 like FSU did last year.

One of Baylor and TCU beat the other, but lose to OU. One of these teams loses to West Virginia.

Georgia beats Florida. (Not all that bold now that Grier is suspended)

Bama wins out (hope I'm wrong!!!)

UCLA wins out in regular season.

FSU beats Clemson, loses another game.

Playoff teams:

UCLA

Alabama

Baylor or TCU (gun to my head, give me Baylor)

Ohio State if they win in the B1G championship, Notre Dame if they don't

You guys make some of your own. With as slow as this board moves, this thread will probably stay pretty close to the top by the time all of these have a chance to play out.

You are looking to far forward. Hell, just this week you have 5 matchups between Top 25 teams:

#18 UCLA @ #15 Stanford

#17 Iowa @ #20 Northwestern

#10 Alabama @ #9 Tex A&M

#7 Mich. St @ #12 Michigan

#8 Florida @ #6 LSU

Plus Ohio St./Penn St. and Notre Dame/USC

A big shakeout day.

You are looking to far forward. Hell, just this week you have 5 matchups between Top 25 teams:

#18 UCLA @ #15 Stanford

#17 Iowa @ #20 Northwestern

#10 Alabama @ #9 Tex A&M

#7 Mich. St @ #12 Michigan

#8 Florida @ #6 LSU

Plus Ohio St./Penn St. and Notre Dame/USC

A big shakeout day.

bold predictions.

Well after flaming out in spectacular fashion with that UCLA pick Thursday night, I bounced back strong today. MSU beat Michigan, and not only that, they showed who the truly good defense is in that state.

OU is still a good team (55-0 today against KSU). They say "throw out the records for rivalry games" for a reason, folks.

Bama is going to win out.

Well after flaming out in spectacular fashion with that UCLA pick Thursday night, I bounced back strong today. MSU beat Michigan, and not only that, they showed who the truly good defense is in that state.

OU is still a good team (55-0 today against KSU). They say "throw out the records for rivalry games" for a reason, folks.

Bama is going to win out.

OU- KSU is not a rivalry.

I mean, don't you miss OU/Nebraska? I do.

This is an idiotic statement in more ways than one

Total yards:

Michigan-230

MSU-386

Punts:

Michigan-7

MSU-5

Fumbles:

Michigan-2

MSU-0

First downs:

Michigan-10

MSU-20

Rush yards by RBs:

Michigan-72 (31 carries)

MSU-81 (28)

YPC by RBs:

Michigan-2.32

MSU-2.89

Touchdowns:

Michigan-2

MSU-3

I see one stat to help your narrative, third down conversion, where Michigan was 26.67% and MSU was 25%. Oh, you also had a whopping one more sack. What am I missing?

Not saying the defense isn't good. But any notion that they had zoomed past MSU for state defensive supremacy was clearly proved false. Of course that can change rather quickly.

Your original comment makes it sound like MSU is the much better defense. I disagree.

1) Defenses don't play each other. MSUs offense is clearly better than ours. They also have an elite QB and it showed.

2) A title like that comes from more than one game. Going into the game, Michigan had the #1 defense (idk what they are now). They clearly outperformed MSU in the weeks prior.

I never said they had a "much better defense." I hear a bunch of excuses and no actual cited results. Yes, their offense is better. But they also had like the 60th ranked defense while you were #1, as you said. Unless your offense is in the 100s, then the difference in the two offense's should have been controlled for by that fact.

And you wonder why people think you're biased.

So what are you saying then? You cites in your post the rankings of each defense. Are you taking one game against different levels of offenses as your baseline for which is better? Again, defenses don't pay each other. You're better off looking at the body of work.

Don't tell me I'm biased when you aren't really making whatever point you set out to prove.

Michigan State plays to their competition level. When it matters, their defense was better than yours. You played well against bad teams then didn't let up late which most teams do. Big deal. Head to head, your defense played like crap comparatively. Get over yourself. I thought you said you weren't going to post on this anyway?

I like how posting about a half dozen stats to back up my point is "not making whatever point set out to prove."

You want to look at the previous three games. I can just as easily say "look at the previous three years." You have to do more than what you've done so far to take the belt away.

Good performance in 25-50% of the season means nothing.

I think you need to make up your mind on what point you're trying to prove. The last three years? Of course they were better. This year? They aren't.

You say 20-25% of the season means nothing but are ready to use one game to claim which team has a better defense.

Most, if not all, of the stats you posted don't really prove MSU is a better D this year. I assume that's what you're going for.

And again, defenses don't play head to head.

I had no intention to respond to threads about the game because I assumed it was mostly OSU troll comments, and I was right. You aren't an OSU fan and seemed uninformed, so I was going to respond. But based on idiotic posts like the one two above this, I might just be wasting my time...

Figure out what you're trying to do here and get back to me...

Late to the thread, here goes:

Alabama wins out, makes playoff.

Clemson makes playoff

Utah makes playoff

Unsure on the Buckeyes, obviously rooting hard for them but playing MSU & scUM back to back may be too much.

I don't think Baylor should make it, they give up way too many points. But, they get in the playoff if the Buckeyes lose 1.

Late to the thread, here goes:

Alabama wins out, makes playoff.

Clemson makes playoff

Utah makes playoff

Unsure on the Buckeyes, obviously rooting hard for them but playing MSU & scUM back to back may be too much.

I don't think Baylor should make it, they give up way too many points. But, they get in the playoff if the Buckeyes lose 1.

How do you have both Baylor and TCU not making it? Shouldn't one at least make it?

How do you have both Baylor and TCU not making it? Shouldn't one at least make it?

Oops, forgot about TCU. They're certainly worthy.

If one of those 2 makes it (Baylor or TCU), the committee would leave out a Clemson (if they continue to win) or Utah. There's no way they leave out a one loss 'Bama.

Their defense is better than yours. Their offense is not that much better than yours and yet they completely dominated you with their defense. You act like you were playing Baylor's offense or something. Sorry, the handicap isn't anywhere near that big. I believe MSU's offense was in the 60s going in. What you did against average teams means nothing. Just admit it, and move on.

MSU plays down to their opponents so their defensive stats isn't as good as your team full of dorks that must rub their opponent's face in crap, despite the fact that the competition level is like a 28 year old man fighting an 11 year old. Quit acting like it means anything.

The stats I post totally prove their defense is better than yours. Quit taking everything I say personally. You're unbelievably insecure, and that's the reason you responded. It's sad. You're on an Ohio board. People are going to make fun of your school. Grow a pair.

Make some bold predictions. You won't, because you don't know the first thing about college football except Michigan being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Archived