THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know just how they can accomplish this win: Baltimore is ranked in top 5 against the run. That's where Duke Johnson comes in. A heavy dose of Duke. Also, their secondary is vulnerable, Derek Carr put up good numbers. That's where Travis Bejamin comes in. Now they are ranked #1 against tight ends but I believe the team's they've played so far aren't teams that go heavy on the tight end so Barnidge could have a nice day.

If early in the game Crowell isn't having success don't abandon the run. Mix it up with screens and play action using Duke, Benjamin and Hawkins.

Don't let Justin Forsett gain over 100 yards! We need to stop Baltimores best weapon. Forcing Flacco to throw to a depleted receiving Corp. Smith Jr is likely out, As well as Crockett Gilmore.

Play smart! Don't turn the ball over and reduce stupid penalties and we can win this game. Baltimore is nothing special this year. So please Browns don't make them look like Super Bowl contenders.

Ultimately it will depend on our defense...

... and run game.

We've saddled up McC the past two games. As the game unfolded against OAK, the need to ride him seemed to emerge as a necessity. Against SD riding Josh's arm seemed to have been the game plan from the start. I can accept the former as needed, but the latter is not what made McC a good, FA signing.

Well....I had the Ravens finishing last in our division and, so far, they have lived up to my expectations...

The Browns?....not so much.....

So, if the team I thought we had shows up...we should win no problem....sadly, they are nowhere to be found...

Our O and McCown have moved the ball well, so we should be able to continue to move the ball against this D...

Now, if we could get our D to do their job, we'll be back in business...

Go Browns!

Less shortcuts = less penalty flags. (Giddyup and get after it!)

The sum of little things over 60 minutes can be HUGE so who wants it more?

The difference between David and Goliath wasn't a sling shot - it was the preparation for battle.

If we see the return of "Play Like a Brown" - it's gonna take more than 60 minutes to beat such an urgency.

Don't volunteer to beat yourselves and you'll be amazed at how doable winning becomes. Translation in Meathead Shakespeare: Don't play leapfrog with a unicorn.

The light at the end of the tunnel doesn't have to be the headlamp of an oncoming train...

Kick off and kick ass!

Less shortcuts = less penalty flags. (Giddyup and get after it!)

The sum of little things over 60 minutes can be HUGE so who wants it more?

Yep....plus, Bito and Mack need to return to form...these 2 guys alone have exactly 1/2 of our offensive penalties(which have absolutely killed us and stopped numerous drives)....they need to stop killing our drives and start playing to their potential.....

Some time for McCown would be nice too.....Go Browns!

Yep....plus, Bito and Mack need to return to form...these 2 guys alone have exactly 1/2 of our offensive penalties(which have absolutely killed us and stopped numerous drives)....they need to stop killing our drives and start playing to their potential.....

Some time for McCown would be nice too.....Go Browns!

Absolutely! The good news is everything is doable enough to get our game faces on.

I honestly believe part of the problem with penalties, etc...

is also that the Browns are playing too emotionally.

Lord knows we've seen Browns teams years ago, after

we got them back, that played like they didn't care, knew they

had no chance of winning, and just were going through the motions.

Just a thought.... but this team is playing kickass. Although. maybe Gilbert

only looked like that with kr's... the last game...

Maybe they are playing too intensely, trying way too hard.

they certainly do NOT look like they don't care about winning.

So, with the talent, and time to iron out the kinks, and a bit more experience

playing with serious emotion... I believe they really will beat the ratbirds.

I honestly believe part of the problem with penalties, etc...

is also that the Browns are playing too emotionally.

Good points Cal....

McCown sacrificing his body at the goal line......4 guys all creaming the punter at the same time.....Mack getting a personal....Haden playing with bad ribs and a broken finger.....etc etc etc.....

^^^^ This stuff doesnt happen when you're complacent ^^^^ .....

Man we really need to just cut Bowe. The guy is contributing nothing except negative press.

How many Inactives = Cut? Now beyond ridiculous...

Player Position Status

E.J. Bibbs TE Inactive

Dwayne Bowe WR Inactive

Austin Davis QB Inactive

Shaun Draughn RB Inactive

Tashaun Gipson FS Inactive

Craig Robertson ILB Inactive

Robert Turbin RB Inactive

a lot of so called rookies are going to have to grow up fast on both sides of the ball. our lines are looking weak and old and we have no speed on the outside.

also our rbs are cream puffs.

good enough? great. time for a blooody.

Archived