THE BROWNS BOARD

LOL at these Browns Lousy Defense

Soju

To make you feel better why not consult with Guppy and Mudflap about the overabundance of talent you have. They'll post some bullshit numbers from PFF or PFR or whatever you call it. I'm sure the Stains players are all ranked tops in the league. Won't that make you feel better? Then have him post the list of Cleveland championships. That should dry your tears. Don't forget Gipper's weekly "we're more talented than our opponent at every position" post. You should be able to recover after that.

Can't get over the fact that we have still have more championships that you, can you?

Zombo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats are good but wins and losses are all that matters speaking of which you Stoolers totally threw your game away against the Ravens due to some bad coaching decisions.

Poor qb play and no kicker. Coaching too but Vick should have been able to hit AB on that 4th down. Inexcusable. Right now you have a better qb than we do.

A year and a half into this defense and it is ranked #32.

And that's after adding Whitner and Dansby last year and Starks and Williams this year. And drafting Shelton, Kirksey, Cooper, Orchard etc. specifically for this defense.

Oh and the first draft pick of this admin on a "cover corner" at #8 overall.

He returns kicks when our third string running back is gimpy.

Zombo

--Better turn it around quick, boys

So Mr. Pettine, why isn't this working? Inquiring minds want to know.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/

This might deserve its own thread...

WSS

I feel pretty confident that we are the only team where you have to go 8 spots down "average salary" to find an offensive playmaker.

And when I say "offensive playmaker", I mean third string WR with no catches this season.

Zombo

I feel pretty confident that we are the only team where you have to go 8 spots down "average salary" to find an offensive playmaker.

And when I say "offensive playmaker", I mean third string WR with no catches this season.

Zombo

Hey we're paying McCown $4 million. :) But your point is well taken. Guess we're saving all that money so when Gordon comes back next year- we can pay him in the $13-15 million range like Julio Jones or AJ Green. :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least he's not getting paid like Clay Mathews- but he's not earning his keep by a long shot.

Is Clay not earning his paycheck this year or something? I don't follow the rest of the league much but I do know that Matthews over the years has more than earned his pay. Kruger does't have a single season under his belt where you can say he's earned his 8m.

In any case Kruger has one of the worst if not THE worst outside pass rush technique in the game today out of all starting edges be they 4-3 DE"s or 3-4 OLB'ers. He stinks and it ain't gettin fixed. I'm convinced his one good year in Blt was the result of being used as a strict hands down 4-3 DE and having the corresponding strength, size and weight. But because Blt was a historically 3-4 team he got labeled as a 3-4 OLB'er, which he isn't and never was. He ran a 5s 40 coming out of college, that's not a 3-4 OLB'er.

When we brought him to Cleveland as a 3-4 OLB'er they trimmed him down and imo, that canned his career. He still had some of that bulrush but he lost his leverage going around the edge......big time.

Is Clay not earning his paycheck this year or something? I don't follow the rest of the league much but I do know that Matthews over the years has more than earned his pay. Kruger does't have a single season under his belt where you can say he's earned his 8m.

You might have misunderstood my comment- Mathews is getting $13 million this year- and deserves it, as one of the top LBs in the NFL. Kruger is getting $8 million, draw your conclusions. :)

Ya, he's tenth, two spots behind Bowe, and two spots above our punter.

Zombo

Hey- we got a Pro Bowl punter, one of the few bright spots, and one of Farmer's better acquisitions. :)

With Starks and when the Hughes deal was redone we took over this honor of top paid defense. Add the Bowe deal, My question goes to where is Haslem not asking for his return on his investment. Tackling sucks and we don't practice tackling at practice due to injury risk. Our DB's practice in boxing gloves not to pull WR's Jersey's (3 or 4 flags this week). Our Coach praises the depth on defense (5 D starters out) but with the missed assignments of not covering Woodhead Or TE's is not praise able. I lean more towards some of this personnel is beyond coachable and Pet O'Neil our on the line to get this fixed but their not the players. Close the doors and Air it Out.

Don't you mean "a Steeler fan on MY board" There are plenty of Browns forums where Steeler fans interact regularly. Because their mods aren't afraid of the members hearing an opposing opinion or thought. Face it Pusscakes, you are just a bitter little bitch who doesn't allow anyone to play in your sandbox unless they think like you.

There's a difference between engaged in dissenting opinion and then borderline trolling, which you've flirted with for some time. Now outright calling the guy names.

Why they're entertaining your posts is beyond me. This is a pointless dick measuring contest.

Ban him and be done with it.

well, it this you? if so congrats. Go Browns. Lets hope for the best yall.

I am all things Zombo.

Except Frank Zombo, that's not me.

But I wish he played for the Browns so I could get a game-worn Zombo Browns jersey.

Zombo

Archived