THE BROWNS BOARD

Warg's Top 25

wargograw

I'm going to attempt to make these rankings in a way where I generally think every team on the list could beat every team below them on the list. I realize that's impossible. There will always be teams that have opponents they match up with better than others. Regardless, winnability is my #1 criteria. So this is not to be used as a playoff predictor, a list of the best records numbered 1 through 25, or anything else like that. Just who are the best teams IMO.

1. Ohio State-I think Urban is toying with people in these noncon games and seeing what works. They'll be much tougher down the stretch.

2. Ole Miss

3. Alabama-Sorry, but they'll be back in the thick of it soon enough.

4. UCLA-Stout on both lines. Great LBs. top flight running game. Going to push around the rest of the PAC. I think they would beat Ole Miss but not Alabama.

5. Georgia-Love me some Grayson Lambert.

6. Notre Dame-Pantsed GT. Loads of talent.

7. Michigan State-The Oregon win looks far worse now.

8.Utah-Anyone that pops Oregon that badly as an underdog gets major points.

9. Oklahoma-They're for real. Big 12 winners.

10. FSU-Great D. Golson playing good ball despite the stat sheet.

11. West Virginia-Yeah I said it. This team will do big things.

12. Baylor-Experienced defense finally coming to play.

13. TCU-I could put them lower as they've looked terrible, but Patterson will have them getting much better throughout the year.

14. LSU-Still lots of questions but the talent is there so I'll put them here.

15. A&M-We could beat anyone, but we could also lose to about 30 teams around the country. Very hot and cold team.

16, Wisconsin

17. Clemson-Overrated and about to lose.

18. Michigan-Utah loss looks better and better. I was a big BYU fan so that was impressive.

19. Mississippi State-Played LSU close. I think people expected the defensive losses to have more of an effect than it has.

20. USC-Another trio here (though I slipped Florida in the middle). I fully believe they'd beat Northwestern and we'll chalk up the Stanford loss as a fluke.

21. Florida-I don't really like this team but they do have a ton of talent.

22. Northwestern-They'll fizzle out over the next two months, as has become the norm.

23. Stanford-I guess....

24. Texas Tech

25. Arizona State-Look at the stats v. USC. Neck and neck, even on turnovers. Not sure how they lost so badly but I do know, from watching about a game and a half of this team, that they're pretty decent.

Notable exemptions:

Cal-Love Goff but their defense will get exposed.

Oklahoma State-Needed massive ref help to beat an awful Texas team. Don't think they could even beat any team on this next list....

Unranked teams I like:

Auburn-Yep. You read that right. I think they'll be really good down the stretch. Unfortunately it's already too late for them to do anything of significance.

Arkansas-I bet their season going forward is similar to last year. That or they completely implode.

Tennessee-Both their losses are solid losses (like ASU). If they can figure out how to close out games they'll only lose to Bama the rest of the way. We'll see.

Arizona-Don't love them, but I bet they win a big game.

Syracuse-Look at the results. Gave LSU a good fight.

Duke

I'm going to attempt to make these rankings in a way where I generally think every team on the list could beat every team below them on the list. I realize that's impossible. There will always be teams that have opponents they match up with better than others. Regardless, winnability is my #1 criteria. So this is not to be used as a playoff predictor, a list of the best records numbered 1 through 25, or anything else like that. Just who are the best teams IMO.

1. Ohio State-I think Urban is toying with people in these noncon games and seeing what works. They'll be much tougher down the stretch.

2. Ole Miss

3. Alabama-Sorry, but they'll be back in the thick of it soon enough.

I think Georgia has a better than even chance to win.

4. UCLA-Stout on both lines. Great LBs. top flight running game. Going to push around the rest of the PAC. I think they would beat Ole Miss but not Alabama.

5. Georgia-Love me some Grayson Lambert.

6. Notre Dame-Pantsed GT. Loads of talent.

7. Michigan State-The Oregon win looks far worse now.

8.Utah-Anyone that pops Oregon that badly as an underdog gets major points.

9. Oklahoma-They're for real. Big 12 winners.

10. FSU-Great D. Golson playing good ball despite the stat sheet.

11. West Virginia-Yeah I said it. This team will do big things.

Maybe even win the Big 12?

12. Baylor-Experienced defense finally coming to play.

13. TCU-I could put them lower as they've looked terrible, but Patterson will have them getting much better throughout the year.

A little bias showing? Most polls have them 10 spots higher. It remains to be seen

14. LSU-Still lots of questions but the talent is there so I'll put them here.

I happen to think they may be SEC's best team.

15. A&M-We could beat anyone, but we could also lose to about 30 teams around the country. Very hot and cold team.

Go out and prove it. Beat LSU/Bama etc.

16, Wisconsin

17. Clemson-Overrated and about to lose.

Home game for them. Tough to beat there. They may be the best in ACC

18. Michigan-Utah loss looks better and better. I was a big BYU fan so that was impressive.

19. Mississippi State-Played LSU close. I think people expected the defensive losses to have more of an effect than it has.

20. USC-Another trio here (though I slipped Florida in the middle). I fully believe they'd beat Northwestern and we'll chalk up the Stanford loss as a fluke.

21. Florida-I don't really like this team but they do have a ton of talent.

22. Northwestern-They'll fizzle out over the next two months, as has become the norm.

23. Stanford-I guess....

24. Texas Tech

25. Arizona State-Look at the stats v. USC. Neck and neck, even on turnovers. Not sure how they lost so badly but I do know, from watching about a game and a half of this team, that they're pretty decent.

Notable exemptions:

Cal-Love Goff but their defense will get exposed.

Oklahoma State-Needed massive ref help to beat an awful Texas team. Don't think they could even beat any team on this next list....

Unranked teams I like:

Auburn-Yep. You read that right. I think they'll be really good down the stretch. Unfortunately it's already too late for them to do anything of significance.

Arkansas-I bet their season going forward is similar to last year. That or they completely implode.

Tennessee-Both their losses are solid losses (like ASU). If they can figure out how to close out games they'll only lose to Bama the rest of the way. We'll see.

Arizona-Don't love them, but I bet they win a big game.

Syracuse-Look at the results. Gave LSU a good fight.

Duke

I would include Minnesota, Iowa and Temple in the honorable mention list.

I looked at Minnesota and Iowa, but they've both had excessively tight games against bad teams.

Yes, I won't be surprised if WV wins the B12. Most physical team in the conference.

TCU is going to lose minimum 2 games this year. People know they've looked like crap and are just keeping the Frogs' ranking high based on their initial ranking.

I looked at Minnesota and Iowa, but they've both had excessively tight games against bad teams.

So hasn't nearly every ranked team.

Yes, I won't be surprised if WV wins the B12. Most physical team in the conference.

Yea....should probably move to the Big Ten...in my conference realignment proposal.

TCU is going to lose minimum 2 games this year. People know they've looked like crap and are just keeping the Frogs' ranking high based on their initial ranking.

Nobody in the Big 12 plays defense (except maybe OK and WVa.). How many 55-53 games can they win.

WVU does not fit in the B1G academically.

Well, I think we had this discussion before. You are probably right. It is more an SEC or Big 12 academic wise. But we are talking football/basketball/sports wise....i.e. bottom line: money. Not sure that one has anything to do with the other.

Academics still matter when adding schools to the Big Ten conference. It isn't purely athletics. Nebraska might have been as big of a reach as they were willing to take, because everything else fit so well.

ND is always going to be the next best choice.

Academics still matter when adding schools to the Big Ten conference. It isn't purely athletics. Nebraska might have been as big of a reach as they were willing to take, because everything else fit so well.

ND is always going to be the next best choice.

Well, there may be something to what you say. See the next thread that I am going to post.

So hasn't nearly every ranked team.

Yea....should probably move to the Big Ten...in my conference realignment proposal.

Nobody in the Big 12 plays defense (except maybe OK and WVa.). How many 55-53 games can they win.

Yes, but they've done other impressive things. What have Minnesota and Iowa done? Beat Pitt?

Accurate re: Big 12. Those games are clown shows.

Yes, but they've done other impressive things. What have Minnesota and Iowa done? Beat Pitt?

Accurate re: Big 12. Those games are clown shows.

Iowa has beaten more Power 5 teams than just about anyone else so far: Pitt and Iowa St.

Minnesota lost to the #3 ranked school in the nation by a 23-17 score. In theory, that could put them in as a 10-15 ranked school.

Of course you can argue things a million different ways.

P5 means nothing. Neither Pitt nor Iowa State are worth anything.

We are commenting on my rankings here, so TCU being #3 is irrelevant. I don't see them that way. In my mind, Minnesota lost by 2 scores to #13 and have 0 even decent wins to couple with it.

Of course you can argue things a million different ways.

P5 means nothing. Neither Pitt nor Iowa State are worth anything.

We are commenting on my rankings here, so TCU being #3 is irrelevant. I don't see them that way. In my mind, Minnesota lost by 2 scores to #13 and have 0 even decent wins to couple with it.

Minnesota/Iowa would probably beat Texas A&M if they played. Of course, that would probably also be considered a win not worth anything.

Just showing your butthurt actually. Again, sorry you took it personally that I didn't include your buddies or whatever. Literally no one agrees with you that Pitt, Iowa State, and A&M are on an equal par this year nor even that Iowa and Minnesota are.

Archived