THE BROWNS BOARD

* * * Official Titans @ Browns Game Day Thread * * *

JAFBF

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also put here a big kudos to the FO for getting Andy Lee in the punt game. That guy really is a huge difference maker in terms of field position which often flies under the radar. It's nice knowing you can count on your guy for that. Heck I'd throw Coons in there too, he hasn't even been close to missing one yet.

And all some people seem to have in their lives is hate...

A win in all three phases of the game... O, D and ST.

It's possible our starting QB might sit another week for "precautionary reasons"...

8/15 ain't world beating, but we weren't playing the world... but pushing 12 ypa is close. Gotta give our 2nd-year, rookie QB a game ball.

I expect the O-line grades to rise this week, but regardless the grading will be more fun.

7 sacks... I'd say the D-line responded, but there were also some good schemes.

I said it twice in the Tavern... the ball makes a different sound when Lee punts.

Benji is also a clear game ball winner. You could see in his first returns that it was only a matter of time. Whomever first said the year after the year after his return form the knee injury would be the soonest to judge him... kudos to you...

Note to the staff... you think maybe you went conservative a little too early? Just maybe???

ok....Im ready....

.....and Marriota will struggle......Johnny plays his best game as a Brown.....We win.....24-13.....

Kinda close there... you picked your moment well.

And all some people seem to have in their lives is hate...

A win in all three phases of the game... O, D and ST.

It's possible our starting QB might sit another week for "precautionary reasons"...

8/15 ain't world beating, but we weren't playing the world... but pushing 12 ypa is close. Gotta give our 2nd-year, rookie QB a game ball.

I expect the O-line grades to rise this week, but regardless the grading will be more fun.

7 sacks... I'd say the D-line responded, but there were also some good schemes.

I said it twice in the Tavern... the ball makes a different sound when Lee punts.

Benji is also a clear game ball winner. You could see in his first returns that it was only a matter of time. Whomever first said the year after the year after his return form the knee injury would be the soonest to judge him... kudos to you...

Note to the staff... you think maybe you went conservative a little too early? Just maybe???

Kinda close there... you picked your moment well.

sounds like you know it all. JFF was good, but your dumb ass can't admit it. Cause 'tour is never wrong' . fuck you.

Oooooh. The Browns Board QB battle heating up. Let's lay off each other and enjoy the win guys

Agree 100%. It was a good team win. D, ST and O. Not perfect by any means, and our coaching - both 2nd half adjustments and play calling - needs to improve and do so quickly, but I'll take a win any day of the week.

Oooooh. The Browns Board QB battle heating up. Let's lay off each other and enjoy the win guys

Aw man... and we were right on the brink of a yo' mama fest...

Aw man... and we were right on the brink of a yo' mama fest...

Yo mama so fat, Johnny drank a 5th of tequila doing a body shot off her.

In all seriousness, no major complaints for the qb this game. Ball security maybe. I'll flow with the team's decision, but still kinda think l'd like to see what McCown can do.

Yo mama so fat, Johnny drank a 5th of tequila doing a body shot off her.

In all seriousness, no major complaints for the qb this game. Ball security maybe. I'll flow with the team's decision, but still kinda think l'd like to see what McCown can do.

Im with ya, i think johnny ran the offense pretty well after having a full week of prep as the guy. They seemed to respond to him pretty well and i think the play calling will ramp up as the season moves along. Im on the brink as far as Manziel/McCown though, i think the coaches/team have just a little more confidence with McCown but Johnny certainly didnt hurt himself today. I know he should probably eat sleep and shit with a football in his hand this week, those fumbles coulda easily came back to haunt us today. Great win though!

Im with ya, i think johnny ran the offense pretty well after having a full week of prep as the guy. They seemed to respond to him pretty well and i think the play calling will ramp up as the season moves along. Im on the brink as far as Manziel/McCown though, i think the coaches/team have just a little more confidence with McCown but Johnny certainly didnt hurt himself today. I know he should probably eat sleep and shit with a football in his hand this week, those fumbles coulda easily came back to haunt us today. Great win though!

This is how I feel also!!! GO BROWNS!!!

OTH, quibbling about Johnny's ball security....

and nobody mentions Mariotta's ball security.

Same thing with "pocket awareness"....

"Johnny needs to improve his pocket awareness"...

sure. So the hell does Mariotta. I mean, seriously.

And were it not for a few penalties that hurt the Browns,

(edit - good calls, btw).. I hate the hands to the face... "#92"

the game would have been more in favor of the Browns.

Even if the Browns had gone for the FG, instead of try for the first down?

They failed, but what the heck - they were playing aggressive for the win.

I have to go back and look, but I think they had the easy distance for the FG.

And bashing Danny Shelton ??? How can anybody seriously do that?

That's just stupid. I looked for big improvement over last week, most of us

non-whiners did - and next week, same thing. The Browns now have the talent

to come into their own as the season progresses.

BTW, Merrill Hoge, and sissy Brady Quinn, who bashed Johnny...well,

the best way to show them to be the assholes that they are...was to

play and prove them wrong. He took a huge step today.

And all those "experts" who were in awe of Mariotta superstar...

they were probably feeling like morons during the entire first half,

and sometimes later in the game. Sure, he's a rookie, and Johnny

isn't all that far removed from being a rookie, too.

If Joe Haden was 6' 3"... he would be the greatest of all time. Tough

to lose on the TD to a big guy on the move who can really jump.

Now that McCown has learned body security..... I think he will start next week.

The Browns kicked ass today. It will depend on the matchups to see how many times

that happens this season. There was no "sleepwalking" for one second in this game.

OTH, quibbling about Johnny's ball security.... and nobody mentions Mariotta's ball security.

Same thing with "pocket awareness".... "Johnny needs to improve his pocket awareness"... sure. So the hell does Mariotta. I mean, seriously.

Now that McCown has learned body security..... I think he will start next week.

The Browns kicked ass today. It will depend on the matchups to see how many times

that happens this season. There was no "sleepwalking" for one second in this game.

All that and you end with start McCown??? ;) Agree with a lot you said, cal.

I think a perspective to add is what a difference a week can make in the NFL.

Today had a lot of the qualities of TN's opener vs. the Bucs. Excepting today MM was in the role of Winston (behind early, little run support, getting pressured) and JM was in the role of MM (early lead, running game working, D getting after the opponent).

And today Winton won as well...

And you are correct... the failed QB sneak was at the 19.

Archived