THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ New York Jets Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Petting... trades Billy fucking Winn for an injured runningback. Comeplete and utter bullshit. I can't wait until Farmer comes back...

The football knowledge on display is breathtaking...

The titans suddenly look like a tough(er) matchup so we'll see how it goes.

Fixed...

The Prophet Soju wins again.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of those 154 - how much allowed in the late 3rd and 4th qtr?

59 in the 4th...

53 total in the 3rd...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091305/2015/REG1/browns@jets#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000529765&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Your point is we gave up?

Ran for 104... allowed 154...

We lost the trench war... both ways.

I expect the O-line grading to be painful.

12 penalties totaling 109 yards.

Pretty much game over right there... and then there were the turnovers.

Amen!

BOTH our lines got beaten like AP's son. Shelton played 3 downs consistently in college. He wasn't out there today in passing situations & it showed! What's up with not seeing what happens with him out there?

Don't put this one all on the players, COACHES.....You guys did a poor job in this one. We have too much talent to look this bad.

Mike

My point is, not so much we gave up - but were showing signs of wearing down. The offense simply couldn't sustain drives and twice put the defense in

very bad spots.

I'm usually realistic but I'm rather encouraged by the run defense from things I saw. Now the pass rush just needs to improve. I think with Orchard and Cooper in the rotation that will pick up.

I honestly do believe this game falls on mental errors and turn overs, not so much scheme and talent. Save for maybe the QB position.

Four things irritate me more than anything watching football.

1: Fat offensive lineman holding. Your job is to block. Its honest to God easy to not hold someone.

2. Wide Receievers who cant catch a football. It is the NFL for goodness sakes.

3. Missed tackles... Not wrapping up. It is the NFL for goodness sakes

4 And fumbles..... I dont understand

Fumbles irritate me more than anything. Put two hands on the damn football and tuck it before you run. Its not a loaf of bread.

Basic fundamentals that NFL players cant do.

My point is, not so much we gave up...

I'm usually realistic but I'm rather encouraged by the run defense from things I saw. Now the pass rush just needs to improve. I think with Orchard and Cooper in the rotation that will pick up.

I honestly do believe this game falls on mental errors and turn overs, not so much scheme and talent. Save for maybe the QB position.

Point taken...

The killer pattern was both NYJ RBs bouncing off-Tackle runs wide right. Had to happen at least four times. Looked like we simply were not prepared for their speed.

1: Fat offensive lineman holding. Your job is to block. Its honest to God easy to not hold someone.

Fumbles irritate me more than anything. Put two hands on the damn football and tuck it before you run. Its not a loaf of bread.

I agree with you on all but #1.

When your qb expects to rock the ball to sleep while singing it a lullaby you tend to get holding calls instead of those "fat guys" letting their slow ass qb that can't make his reads get killed.

Well, the Jets have the talent to be going into the playoffs.

Rex Ryan knows a good bit about football. and he says so, too.

Remember when the Rams had a dismal losing season,

and that next year they went to the superbowl?

Yeah. The second year, they were a playoff caliber team.

Rex Ryan On WFAN: Jets Are ‘Absolutely’ A Playoff-...
newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/05/15/rex-on-wfan-no-guarantee...

May 14, 2014 · Rex Ryan has been more reserved of late, ... But Jets Are ‘Absolutely’ A Playoff-Caliber Team. ... New York Jets, Rex Ryan. NEW YORK (WFAN) ...

Point taken...

The killer pattern was both NYJ RBs bouncing off-Tackle runs wide right. Had to happen at least four times. Looked like we simply were not prepared for their speed.

I know I popped in the Tavern right when you and I had noticed that early stretch right Whitner could have shut down for minimal gain but hesitated on.

I don't think so much 'not' prepared for their speed as it was not quite having the mental edge ready to face a downhill running game 4 qtrs.

edit: What I wouldn't give to have Abdullah over Duke. Not to say Duke might not be capable, but his health has clearly held him back.

Also, I know you saw Ameer put in work today. I told you he'd be special.

A few more thoughts. I don't see Manziel has being a bright spot. He had a couple decent plays, yet struggled afterwards. Footwork and timing is still an issue. Accuracy goes hand in hand with the former. How many times can he throw off his back foot?

double edit: Early miscues that turned the tide.

Obviously the fumble by McCown, that's 7 points. We stop the Jets on their next drive and score with the go to Benji. Suppose that's a 14point swing right there. Then the pick/strip by Tashaun. Even only being up 7-0, you really can start to get into the QB's head with early mistakes.

That yielded an opposing TD; Even without a score by our own offense, flipping the field by Andy Lee would have been wonderful and helped kept the defense fresh.

Biggie - the WIDE OPEN over throw to Hawk. You're a professional QB, you should hit that throw 10/10 times. Settling for a FG puts us down by 4 at the half.

The toe touch by Marshall. Haden flat out thought he was going out of bounds and held up on that play. Simple as that. Brandon is (IMHO) still one of the very best receivers in the NFL. The fade should have shown that.

The Prophet Soju wins again.

Happy that the Browns lost so you can gloat that you are the biggest crybaby on the forum............. Congrats on your award, it's well earned:

11_zpskl3d3d6i.jpg

Its quite easy to hold when you're an offensive lineman, you've obviously never played the game. When you are blindsided because of poor ol blocking its quite easy to fumble a ball also.

Archived