THE BROWNS BOARD

#FailforCardale

Kvoethe

You do but when you put an inferior team on the field the results take care of themselves. Just ask the 2011 Colts

Well, as Hoorta said, we could always hope that a Brady falls into our lap in the sixth round. Or maybe

Jimmah could become besties with Goodell and we could surreptitiously film the Pittsburgh and Baltiwhore

sidelines for the next 2 or 3 years.

Man, Z was right. This thread really sucks huge cock. With teeth.

Depends on how we come out of the gates. We have an easy first three weeks, so if we start off bad we may as well start Johnny so we lose 14 games. But do you take Cardale or Hackenberg? Lets not forget the supporting cast these guys have.

Hackenberg is a pile of garbage. He either sees ghosts or hangs on to the ball for far too long.

I'd rather have no QB than Hackenberg.

Hackenberg is a pile of garbage. He either sees ghosts or hangs on to the ball for far too long.

I'd rather have no QB than Hackenberg.

I disagree. His OL is terrible. Temple sacks him 10x and you think he sees ghosts? Gee I wonder why.

I would love everyone on the fail bandwagon to personally call, write, text, etc. everyone on the Browns' team and tell them of your desires. And when you wake up from your month long beat down coma I hope you realize that no pro athlete would tank a season before it even starts. Pathetic.

I don't care how long we've sucked. This team is building something now and they need fans that root to win every game. Not bandwagon losers who think the only way to win is to lose.

Jones has played 4 games and too many people think he's the 2nd coming. There's a handful of players that you can predict will have successful pro careers and he ain't one of them. Loved what he did for the Buckeyes last year, with the help of his team, but waaaaaaay too early to drool.

I disagree. His OL is terrible. Temple sacks him 10x and you think he sees ghosts? Gee I wonder why.

I'm not questioning the reasoning behind it, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Hackenberg will have zero development because the Penn St. offense is gameplanned solely around making sure he has someone to dump it off to under pressure.

Don't need a shell shocked, used up prospect.

I DESPISE the "Fail for Cardale" mentality. I would rather suffer through more losing seasons than tanking even one game. No REAL Fan would even suggest it, much less subscribe to it.

Mike

1 outta 4 there champ isn't a very good percentage

So we tank for a reach at QB? REALITY!!! Andrew Luck is a 1 in a decade pic. Luck played in a pro system, Jones will get killed if hit like he was in game 1 in the nfl. You play to win, theres never an excuse to lose on purpose. and if there are coaches or players on the team I root for want that. they can g screw themselves.

I haven't read most of the posts, But the Title and idea thinking of this can GO F'K ITSELF!!!!!. We don't play to lose and if any Browns fan wants that, GO F'K YOURSELF!!!...

anyone who thinks fail for cardale is a good idea probably agrees with Goldhammer who is either a troll or a re-tard (my guess is both).

No NFL team intentionally tries to lose, not even the 0-16 Lions of a few years back. OTOH- in the year the Browns missed the playoffs- the Colts didn't try to win very hard that last game. For the record, I want the Browns to win as much as anyone. Or do you think I really enjoy shelling out $2k a year on season tickets to watch the Browns lose? My fear is Cardale is going to turn out to be "the real deal". The Browns will be just good enough this year to not be able to get him.

No NFL team intentionally tries to lose, not even the 0-16 Lions of a few years back. OTOH- in the year the Browns missed the playoffs- the Colts didn't try to win very hard that last game. For the record, I want the Browns to win as much as anyone. Or do you think I really enjoy shelling out $2k a year on season tickets to watch the Browns lose? My fear is Cardale is going to turn out to be "the real deal". The Browns will be just good enough this year to not be able to get him.

Hoorta, I am not saying that he's not the real deal. but i would not want to lose on purpose to see if that possibility happens. I just don't think that attitude exists. I have payed Direct TV NFL package for 14 years. I have payed also. maybe not as much as season tix holders, but I would never want my team to mail it in. just my opinion.

Mike- I was on the "Fail for Cardale" bandwagon from the start. Almost started a thread by that name after OSU shellacked VT. I'm sort of rethinking. Zero doubt the guy has a cannon arm- they don't call him 12 Guage for nothing. Also saw some nice touch passes against VT. The question is- well, is he another Jamarcus Rusell, or a Ben Rothlisberger\ Cam Newton?

He keeps on winning- he's fer sure going to be in the Heisman\ top 10 pick conversation.

Love Cardale Jones, love Ohio State. I just don't see mechanics, or an NFL player when I watch him, yet. I think he'll get better, and in the end will still be just another projection because of the type of player he is... Proving it as a pocket passer should be his focus, but in that offense he won't have the most opportunities

You play. To win. The Game.

You do but when you put an inferior team on the field the results take care of themselves. Just ask the 2011 Colts

Holy cow! I can't believe anyone would think other than Ace says. If anyone has already given up on this season before we stepped on the field, then start JF from day one. By the end of the season we will have either Jones or we will have a proven QB already on the team. We probably should do that anyway like other teams have done and watch how the entire season plays out with JM running the show. It's a win-win IMHO.

If this team ever did play to lose I would quit watching them for good.

So honest scenario (I'm curious what others think too). The Browns are obviously out of it with say 2 weeks to go and have won 2-3 games. They are in the running for the number one pick and it's obvious (insert QB) is the can't miss prospect. What do you feel then about losing the next two games? Look, overall I agree with what you're saying and there's no way as a coach or an organization you can tell people to go out to lose. But how many times now have we just missed the QB that could have righted the ship and made it so we aren't on the 23rd QB to start since '99? IDK man, a couple of meaningless games down the crapper to ensure the future is a small price to pay.

I would love everyone on the fail bandwagon to personally call, write, text, etc. everyone on the Browns' team and tell them of your desires. And when you wake up from your month long beat down coma I hope you realize that no pro athlete would tank a season before it even starts. Pathetic.

Well if they did give a "month long beat down" we would suck AND all our players would be in jail

Bunch of nonsense. You build a solid team, emphasize character, love for the game,

and kickass toughness, and then fans think that you should throw it all away to get

the top pick???

You think Danny Shelton, Joe Thomas, Haden...all the rest... are going to lose on purpose

for the stupid draft?

Dumb idea.

Will never ever cheer for my team to lose. Ever. I hate it and I hate the mentality.

Quitting is for losers. But you're from NE so I understand.

This thread couldn't suck more cock.

This pisses me off. Especially about someone as unpolished and questionable as Jones

Everyone on that stupid bandwagon is a clueless homer that doesn't deserve the opportunity to root for the Browns.

I DESPISE the "Fail for Cardale" mentality.

If this team ever did play to lose I would quit watching them for good.

Anyone on these forums supporting this nonsense should be banned.

There it is......couldnt have said it better.....

Archived