Jared Gogg QB Cal

DeShaun Walker QB Clemson

Jameer Johnson QB Auburn

Leonard Fournette RB LSU

Samajie Perrine RB Oklahoma

Seth Russell QB Baylor

Patrick Mohames QB Texas Tech

Malik Zaire QB Notre Dame

anyone else do something this past week to warrant consideration?

I know that the Heisman race is NOT a contest about how well someone will do in the NFL....but we have to be leary of any QB coming out of Texas or the Big 12, do we not?

Leary in what regards? Pro potential? Then you should add OSU to that list.

Do you disagree that B12 QBs have had issues in the pros? Or were you just fine with Brandon Weeden and RGIII.

And why do you have to bring in Ohio State into this conversation? Jealousy?

No one has claimed that OSU QBs would ever make good Pro QBs....even Troy Smith...and he is the ONLY QB to win the Heisman at OSU. All the others were RBs.

Yes, OSU could have a dozen All Americans on their team this year.

Michigan will be lucky to have a single first team Big Ten player.

See this: one guy made the second team all big ten

http://www.philsteele.com/All_Conference/2015/2015%20Preseason/BigTen.html

So, keep your inferiority complex off this thread.

You wanna talk about potential Heisman Candidates here, fine.

Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

Uh... You started by posting two OSU QBs. Then you posted more players. Then you said look out for certain players in the pros. There have been many posters wishing for Cardale on the Browns.

That all seemed to fit together to make my comment very reasonable.

As for the Big 12, there seems to be a risk drafting any primarily spread QB. We'll see if Mariotta can reverse that.

I didn't bring OSU into any conversation. It is usually proudly displayed in the first post (like here).

I'd love to have the success OSU is having. That's about it though.

You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

If Braxton Miller plays all the games he will be the front-runner.

He will be near or over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. Plus he will be near the top in total TD's

And he will be on the #1 ranked undefeated team

You still haven't commented on the Heisman race.

I mentioned the OSU players....because they are all actual Heisman candidates. Ask ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman15/

That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

That's what you took from mt response? Lol ok

1) Why is Barret still on there? He didn't start.

2) Zeke is definitely your best shot. Will be the most consistent throughout the year I think. Very good shot to win.

3) I've seen Denard win the September Heisman multiple times. Let's slow down a little on Braxton (in response to another post). He had a hell of a first game though.

I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

(though his one game suspension could hurt)

Myles Garrett has shown up on a couple national lists. If Kyler Murray takes the starting QB job early, he'll be on lists. Johnny 2.0.

The Auburn QB's name is Jeremy. The Clemson QB's name is Watson.

Yea, when I wrote them down and then went to type them I couldn't make out my own writing, so I guessed.

Zaire looked incredible. Boykin is in a good position to make something happen but his team looked awful in game 1. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bercovici from ASU get up there.

People don't realize that Minnesota is a very good team. They gave OSU all they could handle last year.

If TCU looked bad in that game it is because Minn. made them look bad.

I've just never had a problem with Oregon. They're fun to watch. And it was always better they win than an SEC team

I'd be cool with TCU or Baylor too

I wouldn't mind any of those schools winning it all sometime. Not this year, but sometime.

I mean, look at the power change in Texas football. Previous doormats TCU and Baylor are now the cream of the crop in that state. Texas...not so much. TAMU may move up from the unranked....probably did. I haven't seen the polls yet.

I am just giving you the list that others have put together. I am sure it was put together before Monday's game. I included Bosa in my OP because many many many people actually think HE is the best player in college football....and may be the #1 overall pick next year. But the Heisman race these days (or even way back when) is really an offensive player award. But if any defender should be considered for it this year, Bosa may be the guy.

If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

If Clowney couldn't win it that one year, Bosa will need to have a hell of a year...though he was up against Johnny Funball.

If I recall, Clowney really shut down the engines his junior year. What could have been an every snap dominant player turned into one more worried about being paid; Save for a few flashes here and there.

Probably right about Bosa. Unless there is a DB somewhere that will play some O. Peppers probably will in a year or two, but not this year.

If I recall, Clowney really shut down the engines his junior year. What could have been an every snap dominant player turned into one more worried about being paid; Save for a few flashes here and there.

Yeah, I meant the year he was good. The year he shut himself down was won by Jameis Winston.

A. Did you really not get the joke?

B. Why are you touting some random freshman from Michigan for Heisman consideration? A guy that plays defense no less? Maybe he will be as good as Marshon Lattimore someday. Probably not.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/marshon-lattimore/113889

C. Face it....if any Freshman is going to get Heisman run....it is going to be Josh Rosen QB UCLA

A. Did you really not get the joke?

B. Why are you touting some random freshman from Michigan for Heisman consideration? A guy that plays defense no less? Maybe he will be as good as Marshon Lattimore someday. Probably not.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/marshon-lattimore/113889

C. Face it....if any Freshman is going to get Heisman run....it is going to be Josh Rosen QB UCLA

Oh boy, let's try again

A. I felt like ignoring the Dr Pepper joke.

B. I never said he'd win this year, or even said he'd be in consideration. The conversation was defensive players and their chance to win the Heisman. I was stating that is probably only going to ever happen if they played some offense and/or special teams as well (like Woodson). My example of a guy that might do that was Peppers. But I explicitly said in my post that probably won't happen this year. Not for a year or two, and then he might play some offense as well.

The guy was widely regarded as one of the best DB recruits and one of the best athletes to come out in a while. Both are still early in their career but saying he probably won't be better than your guy is foolish.

Follow along?

Oh boy, let's try again

A. I felt like ignoring the Dr Pepper joke.

So you say now. Actually I think it just went over your head.

B. I never said he'd win this year, or even said he'd be in consideration.

I never said that you did say that.

The conversation was defensive players and their chance to win the Heisman.

OK, so, now you are contradicting yourself. first you said that you never said he would win or be in the conversation....and now you say we are talking about defensive players and their chance to win the Heisman. So, obviously dumb and dumber, by bringing up his name that means you think there's a chance.

I was stating that is probably only going to ever happen if they played some offense and/or special teams as well (like Woodson). My example of a guy that might do that was Peppers. But I explicitly said in my post that probably won't happen this year. Not for a year or two, and then he might play some offense as well.

So, you say there's a chance....at some point....even one in a million.

The guy was widely regarded as one of the best DB recruits and one of the best athletes to come out in a while.

Since he went to Michigan, I doubt it.

Both are still early in their career but saying he probably won't be better than your guy is foolish.

Not really.....lots of highly ranked players coming out of High School don't do diddley.

FYI e.g. I do not believe that JMZ, Winston, nor Mariota were even in the top 50 recuits the years they came out.

So, top recruits have track records that are all over the place....and some of the best performers are not even highly recruited.

Follow along?

You are going nowhere, so ,no.

Archived