• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT QB

Gets hit hard in the first. Gets up slowly

Is asked by a teammate how he's doing at half

"They'll have to hit me harder than that to keep me down!"

2nd have starts. Gets hit even harder.

Breaks collarbone. Is out indefinitely...

... I feel bad for the guy, but come on, that's kind of funny. He jinxed himself. The whole game also fell apart at this point.

Moments of dominance coupled in with lapses in coverage and focus. We have massive talent on both sides of the ball, chemistry and focus are the only things that will hold this team back.

And questionable playcalling.

Urban seemed off his game a bit tonight, forcing the option with odd personnel and continually going to that well although the VT secondary was clearly outmatched.

Then again, he could have been giving the OL a trial by fire. After all, this was supposed to be a tune up game.

Personally I would start Barrett. That's just me. I don't think the difference in arms is worth the difference in legs to start Cardale. In the college game, I will take the better runner ever time.

I agree the play calling was questionable. Seems to be an epidemic for spread teams this year. Almost every one struggled offensively this week. Us, OSU, TCU, even Baylor for part of the night. 3rd and 4 VT loads up the box and you run up the middle? That's bad.

Moments of dominance coupled in with lapses in coverage and focus. We have massive talent on both sides of the ball, chemistry and focus are the only things that will hold this team back.

PFF ran some articles last week that contained the percentage of snaps lost by every P5 team on both sides of the ball. A&M led the SEC West on defense with only 30% gone. I only mention that for reference.

....Ohio State was under under 20 on both sides of the ball. That is just sick.

Just me or Jones looks pretty dodgy? I mean, the first TD was just a heave that would have been defensed at best in the NFL, and picked off at worst.

Also, what's up with Elliot only getting 11 carries? I mean, for 120+ yards, sure, but was that to protect him, damage done?

Cardales arm strength is amazing. A little flip for this guy is 30 yards or more. Braxton might win the Heisman as a receiver. Zeke is still explosive. It's sucks for Brewer. He was making good decisions and had bad luck. The hit that got him was clean as could be. I hope the team learns a lesson from the halftime score: you're not untouchable. Work hard.

The fun part about Ohio State is now they essentially have three weeks of tuning the team up before Big 10 play (and even Indiana could be thrown in there). They were a little "off" especially with some play calling but holy crap the potential is out of this world. Should be a very fun season.

I'd prefer Barrett leading the browns. Jones is a big athlete with a big arm, plus...? completion rate is pretty poor, decision making meh at best. What am I missing that makes everyone else so infatuated?

He reminds me of younger quicker stronger Roethlisberger. Why wouldn't the browns want him? This guy could legit play in the afc north

He reminds me of younger quicker stronger Roethlisberger. Why wouldn't the browns want him? This guy could legit play in the afc north

He reminds me of Vince Young. I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm just saying, does he have the mental game to be successful? Undoubtedly he's a great athlete, and could probably "do a braxton" and switch to another position - TE maybe? - but between the ears is where you want a QB to be great.

He reminds me of Vince Young. I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm just saying, does he have the mental game to be successful? Undoubtedly he's a great athlete, and could probably "do a braxton" and switch to another position - TE maybe? - but between the ears is where you want a QB to be great.

He's definitely a boom or bust prospect as of this second-fortunately though he's got a season to put it all together and see what he's made of. There's no doubt he's got all the tools from a physical standpoint-I literally can't believe how big the dude looks on television.

You should be burned at the stake....but not for that.

Jone reminds me a bit of Byron Leftwich....probably runs better, but he is in that vain.

Not to get tomatoes thrown at me....

.... You could also say Jamarcus Russel at this point. Which is part of why I agree with Chris. JT makes better decisions with the ball and seems like a better pure QB

Not to get tomatoes thrown at me....

.... You could also say Jamarcus Russel at this point. Which is part of why I agree with Chris. JT makes better decisions with the ball and seems like a better pure QB

Or, he could be the next coming of Ben Roethlisberger....which is what a lot of people are saying.

So....its a little premature to even speculate, don't you think?

And are you saying that your judgment on this subject should supercede Urban Meyer's?

See how silly you are.

Who is calling him Big Ben? I'm just curious.

Yes, it is obviously premature to speculate about his NFL success. But apparently only when you speculate on the negative end.

Meyer's judgement? What are you talking about? Meyer isn't picking the best NFL potential QB to play. He's picking the QB that gives him the best chance to win.

I agree. And he doesn't even run as well as Vince Young aka Radio. Jones has arm strength and size. In every other category I'd give the nod to Barrett.

Who is calling him Big Ben? I'm just curious.

Uhm....what planet are you living on? Just about everyone has made that comparison.

Yes, it is obviously premature to speculate about his NFL success. But apparently only when you speculate on the negative end.

Your ends are always negative.

Meyer's judgement? What are you talking about? Meyer isn't picking the best NFL potential QB to play. He's picking the QB that gives him the best chance to win.

Exactly....yet you said he should have chosen Barrett to start. But he chose Cardale....apparently because he thought he gave them the best chance to win. Yet you want to substitute your judgment for his. That is what makes you silly...if not stupid....that you think you know better than he.

You aren't following. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I completely see how Meyer might think Jones gave them the best chance to win. As far as pro prospects though, what we're talking about, it isn't the end all be all. Or even within the conversation of who is a better pure QB.

My speculation isn't always on the negative. But when most speculation here regarding OSU players is that they'll all win the Heisman, I feel I should even it out some.

Sure he could be Big Ben. Or Russell.

But again, who was making the Big Ben comparison? I mean I definitely see it, I'm just curious.

You aren't following. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I completely see how Meyer might think Jones gave them the best chance to win. As far as pro prospects though, what we're talking about, it isn't the end all be all. Or even within the conversation of who is a better pure QB.

I follow fine. You are the one all over the board. Jones is considered the better pro prospect AND he is the one that Meyer chose to start. What is it about that that you can't follow?

My speculation isn't always on the negative. But when most speculation here regarding OSU players is that they'll all win the Heisman, I feel I should even it out some.

Speculation here is about OSU Heisman candidates....when they have a legitimate one. OSU has after all won about as many as any school going. And they do have legitimate candidates. Miller was considered one last year before he was hurt. Barrett was a legitimate candidate when he took over.

This year Eliot and Jones could both be considered legit candidates. As noted...it was ESPN who listed 4 OSU players among like its top 16 Heisman candidates. You have a problem with that....call them.

Sure he could be Big Ben. Or Russell.

Too early to tell.

But again, who was making the Big Ben comparison? I mean I definitely see it, I'm just curious.

Open up your "Planet Earth" phone book and pick a name.

Archived