THE BROWNS BOARD

Heart warming story of the day

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123802871599643205.html

Mr. Dodd's bungling of the AIG bonuses has caused a further erosion of his Connecticut voter support -- especially once it became clear Mr. Dodd had attempted to cover up his role in protecting the bonuses legislatively. As D. Dowd Muska, a policy and political expert in Connecticut, tells me: "I don't think I've ever seen such a powerful [federal elected official] lose so much support in his home state so fast."

The polls reflect that slippage. Mr. Dodd's approval rating, according to a Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, was already 46% -- putting him in the "very beatable" category according to pollster Chris Wilson of Wilson Strategies. Even more troubling for Democrats is that potential Republican rivals are about even with Mr. Dodd right now. Against Rob Simmons, a moderate former House member, Mr. Dodd gets 42% of the vote. Against Sam Caligiuri, a conservative state legislator, Mr. Dodd scores 47%.

Guest Aloysius
Mr. Dodd's approval rating, according to a Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, was already 46% -- putting him in the "very beatable" category according to pollster Chris Wilson of Wilson Strategies. Even more troubling for Democrats is that potential Republican rivals are about even with Mr. Dodd right now. Against Rob Simmons, a moderate former House member, Mr. Dodd gets 42% of the vote. Against Sam Caligiuri, a conservative state legislator, Mr. Dodd scores 47%.

I bet Chic John's already getting the champagne ready.

I know the problems aren't just Dems, some Republicans too...

but seriously: How did these corrupt people -ever- get into office? Who fails to let people know

these officials could go off the corruption deep end?

"The problem with citing Greenberg is that he might be the cause of another big Democrat disaster. He has food giant Monsanto as a client and his wife, Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, is the sponsor of HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, which under the guise of "food safety" would have the effect of eliminating farmers markets and roadside food stands all around the country. So while Greenberg might be wise to worry about how Obama is handling the economy, he might ultmately be hurting the Democrats just as much with his wife's foolish bill that is destined to cause something to hit the fan. And that something will be more than just organically grown tomatoes tossed by voters angry over being unable to purchase quality produce at low prices."

Archived