THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning throws clerk in jail

calfoxwc

No I'm commenting on the self-appointed moral police who blast the woman because she has sinned in her life. Whether that includes you I'm not sure.

Does that make sense?

WSS

It does. To be fair, I don't care what this woman has done. I'm sure she's a fine provider for her family. It's not my business to tell her how to follow personal convictions or feelings.

However, I will be happy to point out her double standard in denying these licenses and how it pertains to her past actions.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does. To be fair, I don't care what this woman has done. I'm sure she's a fine provider for her family. It's not my business to tell her how to follow personal convictions or feelings.

However, I will be happy to point out her double standard in denying these licenses and how it pertains to her past actions.

And the reason I would not hold her for that is that she has repented from her ways and no one here is asking for (nor should they ask for) forgiveness.

As I read the forgiveness rule one needs to be sorry for what they've done and truly want to change. You don't forgive someone for something they enjoy and plan to keep doing.

WSS

And the reason I would not hold her for that is that she has repented from her ways and no one here is asking for (nor should they ask for) forgiveness.

As I read the forgiveness rule one needs to be sorry for what they've done and truly want to change. You don't forgive someone for something they enjoy and plan to keep doing.

WSS

Forgiveness is asked on a daily basis with the Lord. As such with trying to establish a more 'Christ like' life.

Again, I don't think this woman hasn't sought forgiveness - it's highly possible. Clearly she still has some moral flexabilities that may be a bit more recent than her claim of being saved for nearly 4 years. There in lies the issue - she isn't attempting to save an addict from a life not worth leading. She's attempting to deny the institution of marriage to those she feel are corrupting it; without addressing herself of her own incredibly callous actions within said institution that are by far and away worse. Unless you think Gods judgement will favor a cheating, straight spouse over a loving and committed gay couple? ....

Yeah, I'm not an expert, but just saying 'oops, my bad' after stabbing someone in the eye doesn't get you off. Maybe people would forgive you, but an omniscient god as in christianity would know better, so no heaven for you. You genuinely have to be repentant.

cruz is gonna have egg on his face once this cunts past gets put on front street. And it will. The optics are going to be horrible for him except with the ultra right who are smug, pious elite level hypocrites anyway.

Piss off dimwit. Good Christians hate the sin but love the sinner. It's obvious you are full of hate for anyone who has a different worldview than you . Tolerance? Where is yours?

Christianity in a nutshell: God wanted all humans to pay for their sins. Jesus took all human sins, past, present, and future on his shoulders and died for them. Jesus paid for our sins, so they are now forgiven provided you repent them.

No Cleve you can't you have to be sorry for your actions believe they were sins and repent.

And according to the Jews make amends which I think it's a fine idea. If you're not sorry you don't get forgiven.

http://www.godvine.com/bible/category/repentance

yes yes, all those priest were "so very sorry" for touching little children. And the Bishops were "so so sorry very sorry" for knowingly allowing it to go on. Soooooo so sorry.

Yes, just saying "I'm sorry" insincerely doesn't cut it.

And, Wittle Tittle Tiam Tattoosies, you are to arrogant too not have

fun with talking down to you.

You are known to be an arrogant ass by others more than just me...

somebody else likened you to Robinette to somebody else being Batman.

When I have something to say on the football side, I say it. Your assholeness

caused me to label you "Tattoo", because you post like a little punk, trying to put

me down for whatever.

You need to learn to just let others have their own opinions and understand

that everybody around here has their own areas of expertise, etc etc etc.

I never once said I knew much about the technical stuff about football.

But I've been a Browns fan since I was old enough to sit upright,

and went to Browns games before I was born.

Therefore, I'll have my smart and dumb opinions, and I have fun expressing them

I don't need to have others kneel before my opinions like you do, Toejam.

That you misuse words, and contrdickt yourself isn't anybody else's fault except yours, Toejam Tiam.

You started smarting off to me from the beginning, and others have told me about it. Perhaps you should

STFU and let the rest of us think you have some class as a poster.

Have a nice day, Toejam Tiam.

In any case I understand the concept that "if" you really do repent god may infact forgive you, that's fine. Problem is you lose standing "WITH THE REST OF US". Can't allow people to do one thing and say another. Their "repentance" could be blowing straight out of their ass, we don't know....only god does. Even doing a few good things doesn't mean you've truly repented. There's been plenty of pedo's who gave money to good causes for children, and kept doing what they do. We're actually working our way back to "indulgences" here, which come to think of it the catholic chrch has been interested in restarting lately.

Perhaps you missed the part about how I enjoy making up words.

I'll explain.

"contraDICKt" is a fun version of the word, letting Toejam know that he often is a dick to other posters in his posts.

Trust me, a while back, I got a few phone calls from friends on the board telling me to

give him crap right back, and that they can't stand his stupidass smart assness.

But I'm a tolerant sort, to a point, and a laugh and sneez in toejam's direction now. That's all.

Oh, and being a retired corp programmer/analyst-business analyst-etc...

I do type very, very fast, but I have to go back and fix my fumbly typing.

yes yes, all those priest were "so very sorry" for touching little children. And the Bishops were "so so sorry very sorry" for knowingly allowing it to go on. Soooooo so sorry.

If they're not *truly* sorry, then to hell with them. Literally. But if they see what they did was wrong, and genuinely repent - I like the idea here of making amends - then they can be forgiven by the god of their choice.

Yes, just saying "I'm sorry" insincerely doesn't cut it.

And, Wittle Tittle Tiam Tattoosies, you are to arrogant too not have

fun with talking down to you.

You are known to be an arrogant ass by others more than just me...

somebody else likened you to Robinette to somebody else being Batman.

When I have something to say on the football side, I say it. Your assholeness

caused me to label you "Tattoo", because you post like a little punk, trying to put

me down for whatever.

You need to learn to just let others have their own opinions and understand

that everybody around here has their own areas of expertise, etc etc etc.

I never once said I knew much about the technical stuff about football.

But I've been a Browns fan since I was old enough to sit upright,

and went to Browns games before I was born.

Therefore, I'll have my smart and dumb opinions, and I have fun expressing them

I don't need to have others kneel before my opinions like you do, Toejam.

That you misuse words, and contrdickt yourself isn't anybody else's fault except yours, Toejam Tiam.

You started smarting off to me from the beginning, and others have told me about it. Perhaps you should

STFU and let the rest of us think you have some class as a poster.

Have a nice day, Toejam Tiam.

The bolded is slightly creepy.

Whom am I known to be arrogant by? I'm hardly on this side of the forum compared to the other.

I understand people have their own opinions, its a fine thing about having free will. However opinions don't translate to expertise.

I didn't mis-use ANY words, I mis-spelled ONE. That's all you have, all you've been able to find. On top of sounding slightly Joe Paterno with the nick names.

Sort of how you mis-spelled contradict (unless of course it was intentional?) either way, I know typing mistakes happen. Comes with the territory of being human. I certainly won't attempt to demean your intelligence for just that. ... oh, I see what you did there. Ok. Touche'.

Again, I would love to know what 'others' have mentioned my lack of class in posts? From what I can tell, aside to your and Walter/Stuart, I'm rather respectful towards damn near everyone.

While we're at it, you still haven't noticed your lack of my (Bible) calling homosexuality a sin in my last post directed at you. Yet you claimed I referenced the Bible saying no such thing.

Nor how you spam threads and hits for another website...the Blaze or whateverthefuck its called.

Oh, and being a retired corp programmer/analyst-business analyst-etc...

I do type very, very fast, but I have to go back and fix my fumbly typing.

Fumbly typing... again, some of us won't hold that against you nor try to construct an argument of it.

So, in conclusion - regardless of the woman's troubled past,

if a wonderful, oustanding person was in the same job,

and they refused to issue said perversion license.. my stand on

principle is the same.

The gov has no right to change the law, and retroactively force people

to contradict their spiritual beliefs.

The definition of TRUE marriage is a long, long standing institution of not only our society, but many

societies around the world. It's historical - man-woman.

it's freakin science.

Although, using someone's past to define their present doesn't necessarily ring true.

Personally, I think she looks like she was the one being divorced.

But history is full of people who realized they were screwing up their lives, got help,

and accepted God's Grace Gift of salvation.

Somewhere it says "go forth, and sin no more". something close to that.

But Tiam, you said:

""There is nothing in the annuals of Christianity that says it's a sin, either. I know, I've checked".

The subject is homosexuality. so you admit the Bible does say it's a sin, but doesn say it's a sin.

Or perhaps you mean that her granting a perversion license isn't a sin.

Regardless, you are wrong on both counts. See, I showed that Jesus became of great

anger over sin, and rejected it outright. He did not condone it. Would a parent help his/her child

do something terrible?

You think Jesus helped anyone sin? No, he didn't, never would have. Never once condoned sin,

but forgave sin. So whatever the idea about her not giving licenses to perverts, well, it's quite

Biblical, in my humble, non-expert opinion, that she also not condone it, and not contribute to it.

It's typical liberal self-serving contradiction - they wail, on the subject of abortion, that the government

has no right to legislate morality - but that is exactly what they are doing with this perversion of the definition

of marriage.

It's similar to the transweirdo - insisting on having the gov order him to be allowed to use girls' lockerrooms,

while refusing the offer of an independent lockerroom.

He is forcing victimhood upon himself, typical liberal style. Accepting a compromise means

he can't be a victim, and liberals crave victimhood - it's some kind of emotional-psychological

panacea for what ails them, I suppose.

Similar thing here. Gays refused the compromise of civil unions, which was the perfect, legit answer

to the problem.

But again, they rejected that compromise, because they don't win dramatic victimhood.

Like, refusing a regular cake from a Christian baker, and making their own gay decor on it.

Or going to a baker who doesn't mind making them a wedding cake.

No, they insist on fighting for victimhood - and if they can glean a big payday from a court action

in the process, all the better for them.

They didn't repent, they didn't stop the behavior and they didn't make reparations. Those things are necessary for forgiveness.

If they did those three things they would be forgiven by God. And would still have to deal with the consequences of man.

WSS

If they're not *truly* sorry, then to hell with them. Literally. But if they see what they did was wrong, and genuinely repent - I like the idea here of making amends - then they can be forgiven by the god of their choice.

As do I, my point is that this habitual offender is being defended here by a few folks who "take her word for it". I get it, their stance is the same even if she was a certified street walking hoore. But then they'd have to admit the incredible odious hypocrisy of this situation, which they're loathe to do because they know full well how their side piously lectures us on morals while pissing away aforementioned morals to suit their current need or narrative. It's disgusting. Profoundly.

Know how many Christian family's I know that are so staunchly anti abortion yet when the little princess took some hard cock and got preggo in HS, oh take a guess.....:)

"Is she prepared to continue to work for the government, be paid for by the government, in which case she needs to execute the government's will, or does she feel so strongly about this that she wants to sever her employment with the government and go seek employment elsewhere where her religious liberties would be paramount over her duties as a government employee?" -Carly Fiorina..... probably just ended her chances at the republican nomination(if she really had a chance)

As do I, my point is that this habitual offender is being defended here by a few folks who "take her word for it". I get it, their stance is the same even if she was a certified street walking hoore. But then they'd have to admit the incredible odious hypocrisy of this situation, which they're loathe to do because they know full well how their side piously lectures us on morals while pissing away aforementioned morals to suit their current need or narrative. It's disgusting. Profoundly.

Know how many Christian family's I know that are so staunchly anti abortion yet when the little princess took some hard cock and got preggo in HS, oh take a guess..... :)

You come across as female.....

People are idiots. That county clerk wasn't locked up for her beliefs. She was locked up because she disobeyed the law. She took an oath as a public servant. She doesn't get to decide which laws to follow the same as police officers don't get to decide which laws to enforce. It's either against the constitution of its not. 1st amendment covers freedom of religion and freedom to not follow religion. The Highest court in the land declared equal marriage was constitutional, she's gotta deal with it like everyone else.

People are idiots. That county clerk wasn't locked up for her beliefs. She was locked up because she disobeyed the law. She took an oath as a public servant. She doesn't get to decide which laws to follow the same as police officers don't get to decide which laws to enforce. It's either against the constitution of its not. 1st amendment covers freedom of religion and freedom to not follow religion. The Highest court in the land declared equal marriage was constitutional, she's gotta deal with it like everyone else.

What law? There is no law

God recruits from the bottom of the barrel--just read the bible and you will see that. Clearly she is doing God's work. Thanks for pointing out her "checkered" past, dickwads.

Yes, god is clearly beside himself with this gay marriage business. It's utmost on his mind. He just can't stand it. Clearly. Grown men sodomizing little boys though?.....meh

Archived