THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning throws clerk in jail

calfoxwc

Tiam - the lady's past doesn't equal her present. On principle, regardless of

her tainted past, the gov has no right to force people to all of a sudden violate who

they are, because of a violation of our Constitution, which is how I see the stupidass

vote for perversion. It was just a tribute to the hostile, vicious left.

It does when you attempt to preach how righteous of a stance you're taking. I take it you're a fan of the Duggar family?

Also, nobody is asking this bitch to violate who she is - a devout Christian (apparently?) Issuing a marriage license does NOTHING to compromise her faith, her deity, her obedience to the Lord. I never understood how giving something to another couple that happens to be gay violates YOUR faith. There is nothing in the annuals of Christianity that says it's a sin, either. I know, I've checked. Jesus walked among and fraternized with the unclean, it made him no less holy because he certainly didn't himself participate in such actions. He let be and loved. It's a self-serving, 'I speak for God', bullshit rhetoric.

See here's the thing, the Bible says queer is a sin - doesn't say what, let me correct that - doesn't say 'we' are to do anything about it other than to love the individual. Its literally God's highest commandment next to loving him, love thy neighbor. Not deny thy neighbor marriage license then speak on behalf of the almighty.

'Blessed are the meek'. I'd also like to point out some extremism from the gay community could live by this phrase as well.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense. I have no use for the duggar guy. And I'm not a champion of this lady's past.

But I'm not going to condemn Phil Robertson's past and present.

He admits who and what he used to be a long, long bunch of years ago.

The PRINCIPLE is, forcing anyone to condone perversion. And, as to your pitiful attempt

to use the Bible to justify your angst...

Jesus got very frustrated with His disciples.

Matthew 17:17 reads, “Faithless and perverse generation! How much longer must I be with you? How much longer must I put up with you?”

Jesus had righteous indignation at the sellers in the temple

John 2:15, 16: “Making a whip out of cord, he drove them all out of the Temple, sheep and cattle as well, scattered the money changers’ coins, knocked their tables over and said to the dove sellers, ‘Take all this out of here and stop using my Father’s house as a market.”

Mostly, Jesus was angry at the Pharisees.

Mark 3:1: “Then he looked angrily round at them, grieved to find them so obstinate, and said to the man, ‘Stretch out your hand.’”

Leviticus 18:22 (ESV)22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 (ESV)13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

and, Tiam, there is a huge difference between accepting gay people as human beings,

and enabling their perversion, as in, phoney marriage.

omans 1:26–27

26 For this reason wGod gave them up toxdishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another,ymen committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9–11

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous2will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: xneither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,3 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And ysuch were some of you. But zyou were washed, ayou were sanctified, byou were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

So, Tiam, go ahead and worship the ignorant lie about the subject, and keep using nonsense

applications of rationalization that isn't what the truth is.

Like, I take it that you worship the Huffington Post:

Yeah, Jesus didn't use the WORD "homosexuality"...so he "never talked about it"

hahahahaha. That's so stupid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/22/what-jesus-says-about-homosexuality-_n_4489452.html

I enjoy when people quote leviticus, a book mainly for old testament Jews -

I do enjoy joy the Corinthians reference. This lady feels the need to slight only the gays, not the rest of the people that would fall under that paragraph. Selective application at best.

No, I care not for the Huffington Post.

Also, nobody is asking her to condone what you call perversion. She can disagree all she wants, that's totally fine. Issue the god damn license, do your job - or widely deny ALL continuous sinners a marriage license. There is no room for luke warm Christians here.

Jail seems harsh considering Lois Lerner the former head of the IRS who used the agency as a weapon against conservatives skates by with no jail or Hillary Clinton (who at the minimum) put our national security at risk by having her own personal email server with all the government classified messages being compromised.

But you better not refuse to issue that wedding license or you are going straight to jail.

Jail seems harsh considering Lois Lerner the former head of the IRS who used the agency as a weapon against conservatives skates by with no jail or Hillary Clinton (who at the minimum) put our national security at risk by having her own personal email server with all the government classified messages being compromised.

But you better not refuse to issue that wedding license or you are going straight to jail.

The ACLU and the couples who tried to get married were vocal about how they didn't want her to get put in jail and that it would be over the line.

The judge decided to do it even though it was against the wishes of the people who were being slighted.

The ACLU and the couples who tried to get married were vocal about how they didn't want her to get put in jail and that it would be over the line.

The judge decided to do it even though it was against the wishes of the people who were being slighted.

The bitter left is never happy.

Now you have created a martyr, nice work.

As for her inglorious past many Christians I know came to that state of mind after trials and tribulations in their lives. I realize we are all pillars of morality here but...

WSS

Jail is a bit much, but not unheard of for contempt of court (the reason she was jailed had nothing to do with the licences, as I understand it). Judge's reasoning being the option of a fine would mean nothing as other people would pay it for her, and the legal system is 'correctional' - since she'd learn nothing by a fine, a more extreme measure was deemed necessary.

Still, don't agree with the jail, but my sympathy for her is non-existent.

Jail is a bit much, but not unheard of for contempt of court (the reason she was jailed had nothing to do with the licences, as I understand it). Judge's reasoning being the option of a fine would mean nothing as other people would pay it for her, and the legal system is 'correctional' - since she'd learn nothing by a fine, a more extreme measure was deemed necessary.

Ironically she stands to profit a hell of a lot more by a few days in the hoosegow.

WSS

I'm sure she would want your sympathy, NOT.

Cruz 'Unequivocally' Stands with KY Clerk Jailed for Christian Beliefs

kelly_cruz_090315.jpg

Sep 03, 2015 // 9:43pm

As seen on The Kelly File

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz told Megyn Kelly tonight that the Kentucky clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples should be released from jail.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning told Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis she would be jailed until she complied with his order to issue the licenses.

Cruz said that this is outrageous, fundamentally wrong and he unequivocally stands with Davis.

"We are a nation that was formed by people fleeing religious oppression and coming to seek a land where we could worship free of the government getting in the way," Cruz said. "It is stunning what is happening here."

Cruz explained that the result of this standard is that Christians cannot hold public office, unless they are willing to violate their faith or go to jail.

"That is not America. That is not how this country works."

The bitter left is never happy.

Now you have created a martyr, nice work.

As for her inglorious past many Christians I know came to that state of mind after trials and tribulations in their lives. I realize we are all pillars of morality here but...

WSS

Most whom came to that state of mind didn't go on and attempt to live with such false righteousness and shouting down how they work on God's authoratahhh.

her past absolutely does matter. She's denying to people something she considers sacred, yet shit all over it herself. Not once, not twice, not thrice.......I mean seriously? This pious bullshit keeps up, there's not gonna be a war on the colored folk like you all want but against Christians. She wants to call homosexuality a "perversion" and deny people a marriage liscense...something she didn't deny herself 4 times over. Who wants to bet with me that in a couple years when this all blows over, someone checks up on this odious cunt and finds out she's remarried again.

Most whom came to that state of mind didn't go on and attempt to live with such false righteousness and shouting down how they work on God's authoratahhh.

Don't they?

I guess a fair amount of people who turned to Christ after a life of adultery, drugs, alcohol you name it, go on to speak out against those activities.

WSS

Well, Toejam Tiam - you have egg on your face on this one. And not all of it is left over from

the football side, either.

You said, and everybody on the board, even Chris, can see it:

"There is nothing in the annuals of Christianity that says it's a sin, either. I know, I've checked."

And the entire board sees you whining about how I clearly showed you that it did.

BTW, dumbass, it isn't "annuals" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Moron. It's "ANNALS"

Annals | Define Annals at Dictionary.com

a record of events, especially a yearly record, usually in chronological order. 2. historical records generally: the annals of war. 3. a periodical publication ...

Sure, bash this woman's past...but ignore wiener, and both clintons. and obamao's,

and any dem. Want us to start listing those with far worse pasts that some of you

folks won't talk about ?

Meanwhile, the woman is in jail, and the clerks have already issued at least one phoney,

perverted marriage license, and all the clerks there say they will, but ONLY BECAUSE

they are forced to by the judge.

And the asshole judge won't let her out of jail like he said....for at least a week.

Newsflash - just because plenty of people have sinful pasts, doesn't mean they never threw it away,

and started over again because Jesus foregave them.

I love how Tiam Tattoo arrogantly posts and ends up with egg on his face. The harder you throw the

bouncies ballsies at a wall, Tiam, the harder it has bouncies right back at you. It would help if you

grow up a lot.

For little ToeJam Tiam:

an·nu·al

/ˈany(əw)əl/

noun

• 1.a book or magazine that is published once a year under the same title but with different contents"a Christmas annual"

adjective

• 1.occurring once every year"the union's annual conference"synonyms:yearly, once-a-year, every twelve months, year-end

Don't they?

I guess a fair amount of people who turned to Christ after a life of adultery, drugs, alcohol you name it, go on to speak out against those activities.

WSS

And? Slightly different application here as those are all terrible things you want people to turn away from. You're comparing this woman's past with someone who has turned from addiction to God.

Keep reaching.

Cal who ignored wieners past? He's not an elected official anymore you nitwit. Nobody's ignoring anything. Do you think ANY of us would give two shits about this womans past if she's wasn't a country clerk and using that position to outright deny a service to peope based on her own personal beliefs yet something she doesn't herself adhere to...?? I give a fuck what this woman thinks about gay marriage, she may be right for all I know...or she might be a minion of the dark lord who seems to run this place who the fuck knows anymore.

What I do know is that conservative people seem to be fine with gay shit as long as it's happening at truck stops and seedy bath houses, you know..where they can go and discreetly suck cock through a hole in the wall. But as soon as actual gay people want to develop a stable family unit around themselves, nope uh uh can't have that cause if gay folk get to come out of the shadows where do "we" go to get our fix then?

<p><p>

For little ToeJam Tiam:

an·nu·al

/ˈany(əw)əl/

noun

• 1.a book or magazine that is published once a year under the same title but with different contents"a Christmas annual"

adjective

• 1.occurring once every year"the union's annual conference"synonyms:yearly, once-a-year, every twelve months, year-end

Sorry, champ - as you may have noticed I post from my phone. While I get the possessive version of your* correct, other things tend to slip from time to time, especially at 10:30pm. I'm well aware of my mistake, however you seem to have understood my implication. The fact you've resorted to name calling and nit picking as such leads me to believe you really don't have much else to go on.

Newsflash - just because plenty of people have sinful pasts, doesn't mean they never threw it away,

and started over again because Jesus foregave them.

but what's the cutoff for certain behavioral frequency cal? If you've done something like remarry 4 times which is no small deal, and get pregnant from someone who's not your current husband to boot...what exactly is the number of times you can do that and still get away with pious self righteous bullshit condemnation of others who haven't been married once? How many times huckleberry?

but what's the cutoff for certain behavioral frequency cal? If you've done something like remarry 4 times which is no small deal, and get pregnant from someone who's not your current husband to boot...what exactly is the number of times you can do that and still get away with pious self righteous bullshit condemnation of others who haven't been married once? How many times huckleberry?

77x7

Cleve - stop the jawflappy. I don't defend the woman's past. but she righted it,

and started over, and I suppose that is part of her unfortunate stubborness in

keeping with what she believes now.

Personally, she should have simply let one of her assistances decide to issue them...

but her name still ends up on the phoney, sick "licenses" anyways.

One of the dissenting Supreme Court Justices said that it would open up a pandora's box.

He was correct.

It gives the lunatic leftist fringe a legal way to fight the culture war.

Actually, Tiam, it's sad that your phone keeps making you look like

you are an arrogant fool.

It forced you to say there was nothing in Christianity that explains that gayness is sin.

"There is nothing in the annuals of Christianity that says it's a sin, either. I know, I've checked. Tiam's PHONE"

I reckon you need a SMARTerPHONE. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

(oh, that's a good one. That one goes on my keeper list)

Actually, Tiam, it's sad that your phone keeps making you look like

you are an arrogant fool.

It forced you to say there was nothing in Christianity that explains that gayness is sin.

"There is nothing in the annuals of Christianity that says it's a sin, either. I know, I've checked. Tiam's PHONE"

I reckon you need a SMARTerPHONE. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

(oh, that's a good one. That one goes on my keeper list)

Ok, fuck the being polite now.

Look here, BITCH. Not only have you completely misunderstood what I said, but the quote is just a couple pages back. My phone might cause typing mistakes, but it doesn't drop my IQ 10 points nor damper my reading comprehension skills.

Here is EXACTLY what I said.

"See here's the thing, the Bible says queer is a sin - doesn't say what, let me correct that - doesn't say 'we' are to do anything about it other than to love the individual".

So allow me a moment to expand. Leviticus being Old Testament (old law) while not replaced by Jesus, is involved in something of a paradox by the Son's calling of loving thy neighbor. It's an extremely difficult life to live, I'm sure. You see the sin, the 'wrong doing', yet you are not to damn in the name of God, but to show meakness and love. A conflict over 'he should surely be put to death'.

I reckon you need a stronger rebuttal, you fuck.

edit. While you're at it, get better with football too. You spend more time on the political forum of a BROWNS board posting the same links and rehashed threads to a site that you're honestly probably just farming hits for.

And? Slightly different application here as those are all terrible things you want people to turn away from. You're comparing this woman's past with someone who has turned from addiction to God.

Keep reaching.

No I'm commenting on the self-appointed moral police who blast the woman because she has sinned in her life. Whether that includes you I'm not sure.

Does that make sense?

WSS

Archived