THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning throws clerk in jail

calfoxwc

So she isn't homophobic, just an asshole trying to make everyone in the county adapt to her religious beliefs on marriage. Good thing she didn't convert to Islam. Headwraps would be distributed to women at the door of the courthouse.

One more time, they changed her job description. If for instance anheuser-busch wanted all their beer truck drivers to taste a new beer and one guy was a Baptist or a Mormon or a Muslim or whatever.... I think you guys are spending way too much time hating this woman. Most people don't think it's a sin and most people don't give a shit about sin anyway.

WSS

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more time, they changed her job description. If for instance anheuser-busch wanted all their beer truck drivers to taste a new beer and one guy was a Baptist or a Mormon or a Muslim or whatever.... I think you guys are spending way too much time hating this woman. Most people don't think it's a sin and most people don't give a shit about sin anyway.

WSS

Her job required her to sign marriage licenses and uphold the laws of Kentucky. Unless her job contract said "I only uphold the laws as they stand as of this date" then she is at fault.

Her job required her to sign marriage licenses and uphold the laws of Kentucky. Unless her job contract said "I only uphold the laws as they stand as of this date" then she is at fault.

At the time she was elected the law of Kentucky was the law of the land that marriage was one man and one woman. That changed so now she can't do that job anymore. No reason for this over the top outrage.

WSS

At the time she was elected the law of Kentucky was the law of the land that marriage was one man and one woman. That changed so now she can't do that job anymore. No reason for this over the top outrage.

WSS

Common Steve. You know gays act like women (the male ones). They have to make a show out of it and be vindictive as hell.

ACLU wants Kim Davis' 'scalp to hang on the wall'

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/22/kim-davis-called-me-hitler.html

The licenses are being issued but Kim Davis's name is not on the license. No big deal, it is legal and the licenses are valid but they don't want the Christian woman to have any kind of victory. It has to be total surrender so now that they have their licenses they are going to take Ms. Davis back to court because they want her name on the license.

WSS

I love awful, hypothetical examples that would never occur.

Meanwhile, with the domino effect of gay marriage bans falling in other states; it was well within scope that she may have to issue one of these licenses someday. It simply expanded the volume of people to serve licenses to. The duty itself hasn't changed.

I'm not a fan of this woman making a fine salary yet refusing to do a large portion of her position. That in itself is rather offensive.

That said, I've had job descriptions and duties changed on me in previous positions. It was either do my job, or look for a new one. I didn't see an outpouring of sympathy to be granted an accommodation.

bs. Liberals LOVe the "law of the land" ,... unless they freaking don't like it, then

they just whine and bitch and moan and refuse to go along with it. The law of the land

was the DOMA, and they refused to enforce it.

Our 2nd Amendment is also "the law of the land" even held up by the Supreme Court...

and the left won't honor it at all.

Our laws about illegal immigration is also the "law of the land"...but there are many

"sanctuary cities", and a president and corrupt attorney generals that don't give a damn.

with leftists - the only law that should exist - is THEIR law. A lot like terrorists.

Liberals/leftists are hypocrites.

And Steve is exactly correct - the law changed to universally change a major

American institution to a perverted level.

any argument for perversion.... is perverted.

Archived