THE BROWNS BOARD

The Toxic Assets We Elected

calfoxwc

holy shit, you guys are hilarious......

and pretty xxxxing stupid.

carry on.....the invisible internets just magically appear. pretty neat little trick......

and its not so much about bandwidth dipshit.....just posing some of the intangibles youre too xxxxing stupid to consider.

and who xxxxing asked you poopkin? your canned reposnse of "youre ignorant" is on deck, i suppose.

neanderthals....can't eat 'em...can't teach 'em how to use the tubes.

post-230-1238160384_thumb.jpg

University of Colorado

bwahahahahahaha......enough said. lol

so, a masters from this highly credible university got ya a job doing web design? brilliant.....

you're rollin' partner.....i conceed you are the man.

lol

bwahahahahahaha......enough said. lol

so, a masters from this highly credible university got ya a job doing web design? brilliant.....

you're rollin' partner.....i conceed you are the man.

lol

Thank you.

p.s. Rankings

Not all of us can overpay for an ITT tech education. How you put it, bwahahahahahaha.

#34 on the public univ list? Wow, two spots ahead the School of Mines. Way to go partner.

And 20 ahead of Ohio University. School of Mines is actually a good school. They are the second in the country Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs at schools whose highest degree is a doctorate. Every school has better departments then others. Shit you can go to Tri-C and get a good education, it's what you take out of it.

Vegas Pup, where did you go to school?

Top two criteria for evaluating schools for placement on the list?

Peer evaluation @ 25% weight & Retention rate @ 20%.

The peer evaluation I actually agree with but the retention rate (being based solely on numbers) is too easily skewed by how easily you can skate through this curriculum and graduate in 6 years or less. 6 years being the figure USNews uses, not me.

Top two criteria for evaluating schools for placement on the list?

Peer evaluation @ 25% weight & Retention rate @ 20%.

The peer evaluation I actually agree with but the retention rate (being based solely on numbers) is too easily skewed by how easily you can skate through this curriculum and graduate in 6 years or less. 6 years being the figure USNews uses, not me.

It's all crap, it's what you take out of the education.

"The Libs' fave," cal? Just because he pissed on Bush and the McCain/Palin farce doesn't make him any less of a conservative douchebag. It just means he has a brain, because which brained person didn't criticize those Mongoloids?

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread. Watching monkeys flinging poo at each other is pretty much all this forum's got left, entertainment-wise.

Also, I've always loved the "it's not where you went to school but what you got out of the education" line of thinking. Is this anything more than a complete Retard defense mechanism for not being able to get into good schools? Yes, I understand there are exceptions to every rule, but if you went to a better school than I did it is likely because you are smarter than I am.

Or a lot of other reasons. Smart doesn't necessarily tranlate into straight "A's"

and there are different types of learning.

Meanwhile, George Will is certain folks' hero, until he criticizes Obama et all, then...

he's back to being a piece of crap.

It's all bass-ackwards emotionalism and bias, with objectivity

left for other people who at least TRY to think critically.

Also, I've always loved the "it's not where you went to school but what you got out of the education" line of thinking. Is this anything more than a complete Retard defense mechanism for not being able to get into good schools? Yes, I understand there are exceptions to every rule, but if you went to a better school than I did it is likely because you are smarter than I am.

economics/originating geographic locations dont factor into school selection mz the pussy? There a TON of 4.0+ students who dont go to any of the ivy league schools and opt for state colleges.

"The Libs' fave," cal? Just because he pissed on Bush and the McCain/Palin farce doesn't make him any less of a conservative douchebag. It just means he has a brain, because which brained person didn't criticize those Mongoloids?

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread. Watching monkeys flinging poo at each other is pretty much all this forum's got left, entertainment-wise.

Will?

He seems pretty straight up and informed to me.

Is anybody who doesn't gobble Obama's knob a douchebag to you. us, proressives?

WSS

Cal's "different kinds of learning" actually made me laugh out loud. I would have read the rest of his post, but "it was too long."

Like I said, there are of course exceptions to any rule, but MAN it smells defensive in this dump.

"sigh", oh great annoying refusenik, there ARE different kinds of learning.

Some folks learn by doing, some are visual learners, etc.... the ability to pick things

up varies in HOW they are most efficiently.

Wait, I'll go get some info on the subject for your edification...

Well, it's been a long time since I used to know this stuff in detail:
mascot2.gif3-2. Seven Methods of Learning

High Retention

5 senses

Direct Purposeful Experience
All real-life experiences
Projects

Simulated Experiences
Role-playing
games
Puppetry
Dramatized experiences
Use of video, AV equipment to record dramas

Observing Real Life
Field-trips
Models
Demonstrations
Exhibits

Audiovisual
seeing and hearing real situations via TV, etc.

Viewing Pictures
Photographs
Overheads

Visual Symbols
Books
Articles

Verbal Symbols
Lecture
Tapes
Discussion

Abstract --------------------------------------------> Concrete

Low Retention Retention increases as all of the senses and kinesthetic involvement occurs, i.e. moving from abstract to concrete.

Archived