THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: Joey Bosa's 5 star little brother just committed to OSU

"Less bowl games for historical reap a". I don't know what that means. It's funny you now want to draw the line at 1970 since that cuts off all but one of your national championships while Alabama has the three recent ones plus another, what, 2 or 3? I know they won one with Stallings in the early 90s and the Bear was still coaching in the early 70s. Not a good argument for you.

Just FYI, Prior to like some time in the mid 70s....the Big Ten had a policy that only the Conf. Champ that played in the Rose Bowl was allowed to play in a Bowl game. You could have had a 10-1 team, if it did not win the conf. it stayed home. The other conferenced did not have that rule...so ergo, in history, yes, Alabama and others had far more opportunities to make bowl appearances than Big Ten Schools. The archaic rule was rescinded when the Big Ten realized there could be big money in bowl appearances.

Princeton and Yale have claim to the most National titles. Since the "Poll era" began in like 1936, Alabama does have the most titles amongst the major polls/BCS etc. Their titles the last few years gave them their lead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Per that link, apparently college football has now started over completely. Nothing before the beginning of the College Football Playoffs began counts. Ergo, the team with the most National Championships in history is:

THE Ohio State University

(how is that for Steeler fan like logic? :lol: )

Jeez you can't make a post without some butthurt "why are you an SEC fan?" garbage? How pathetic is that? Can't argue without calling me an idiot. Can't argue without using obscene language. You are a vile individual Woody.

Alabama has a program on par with yours. That's a fact. Get over it. What arguments have I changed in subsequent posts?

Harbaugh is not a top 5 coach in CFB. He could be. But to say that now is so delusional I don't know where to start. How many rings does he have again? Zero? You do realize there are 4 or 5 coaches coaching right now that have won national championships as a head coach right? You count guys that have been to the game and there's another 3 or 4. But Harbaugh is a better coach because....

You haven't realized that dealing with a team full of elite talent is different than dealing with one full of lunch pail guys. A huge part of

Would you like to make a claim about your girls and parties relative to Alabama? Go ahead. We're all waiting. And I already answered your question about going to a&m. Why are you still asking it?

I'm only defending Alabama because you actually think your program is on a par with theirs. I seek truth. I push back when I see pure delusion. That's all I'm doing. That your responses to that have to deteriorate into nothing but personal insults shows me you don't have much of a rhetorical defense.

I don't believe the Big 10 ever had the depth the SEC did. The best teams were better, but that's it. That's why I don't rate the conference as well. You can bet Saban will make this point from his status as a Big 10 alum. Harbaugh's experience with the SEC? That's what I thought.

Btw you keep saying "Saban loses kids! Saban loses kids!" but have completely ignored the fact that he's had 5 straight #1 classes. You also have no basis on which to say Harbaugh is better able to put a kid in the NFL. None. If you would stop insulting me this discussion could actually get somewhere but we know you have nothing.

Gipper, thanks.

"Less bowl games for historical reap a". I don't know what that means. It's funny you now want to draw the line at 1970 since that cuts off all but one of your national championships while Alabama has the three recent ones plus another, what, 2 or 3? I know they won one with Stallings in the early 90s and the Bear was still coaching in the early 70s. Not a good argument for you.

Just FYI, Prior to like some time in the mid 70s....the Big Ten had a policy that only the Conf. Champ that played in the Rose Bowl was allowed to play in a Bowl game. You could have had a 10-1 team, if it did not win the conf. it stayed home. The other conferenced did not have that rule...so ergo, in history, yes, Alabama and others had far more opportunities to make bowl appearances than Big Ten Schools. The archaic rule was rescinded when the Big Ten realized there could be big money in bowl appearances.

Alright, thanks. I knew it was something like that but u couldn't remember. Weird thing is there are years where Michigan has the B1G title, but played in no bowl. I know some were joint titles and the B1G wanted to rotate teams when possible though.

Princeton and Yale have claim to the most National titles. Since the "Poll era" began in like 1936, Alabama does have the most titles amongst the major polls/BCS etc. Their titles the last few years gave them their lead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Oh, I know there are some schools like that. My comment was just related to Bama. Ex, in 1973, they finished undefeated and then lost their bowl game to another undefeated team, but claim the title. I think the AP awarded titles before bowl games then. There are a few other not very legitimate titles. Like some of Notre Dames Heismans

Jeez you can't make a post without some butthurt "why are you an SEC fan?" garbage? How pathetic is that? Can't argue without calling me an idiot. Can't argue without using obscene language. You are a vile individual Woody.

Alabama has a program on par with yours. That's a fact. Get over it. What arguments have I changed in subsequent posts?

Harbaugh is not a top 5 coach in CFB. He could be. But to say that now is so delusional I don't know where to start. How many rings does he have again? Zero? You do realize there are 4 or 5 coaches coaching right now that have won national championships as a head coach right? You count guys that have been to the game and there's another 3 or 4. But Harbaugh is a better coach because....

You haven't realized that dealing with a team full of elite talent is different than dealing with one full of lunch pail guys. A huge part of

Would you like to make a claim about your girls and parties relative to Alabama? Go ahead. We're all waiting. And I already answered your question about going to a&m. Why are you still asking it?

I'm only defending Alabama because you actually think your program is on a par with theirs. I seek truth. I push back when I see pure delusion. That's all I'm doing. That your responses to that have to deteriorate into nothing but personal insults shows me you don't have much of a rhetorical defense.

I don't believe the Big 10 ever had the depth the SEC did. The best teams were better, but that's it. That's why I don't rate the conference as well. You can bet Saban will make this point from his status as a Big 10 alum. Harbaugh's experience with the SEC? That's what I thought.

Btw you keep saying "Saban loses kids! Saban loses kids!" but have completely ignored the fact that he's had 5 straight #1 classes. You also have no basis on which to say Harbaugh is better able to put a kid in the NFL. None. If you would stop insulting me this discussion could actually get somewhere but we know you have nothing.

Gipper, thanks.

Oh god now I'm vile. I apologize.

Bama has been much more successful than us (or any team really) over the last decade. All time, historically, they are not a "better" program. That's my opinion though, I just don't see it. Like most topics in this back and forth tho, this is getting off track.

I can find rankings online that agree with me about Harbaugh being a top 5 cfb coach. It obviously is all subjective though. This is based on what he accomplished at Stanford, where they start and what he turned them into, plus his NFL success.

No shit it is different. But develop players is developing players. He's shown he can take a player and make him better.

I didn't comment on Bamas girls or party scene. It has nothing to do with the argument I'm making. YOU commented on michigans girls and parties and yet you've never even been there....

I honestly missed your answer about attending A&M, what was it?

"only seek truth" "nothing but personal insults"? Haha, get over yourself. I'm not the one constantly changing the points I'm trying to make, in an attempt to eventually seem right.

Hell, look at the quoted post. You said they were on par. Then a few paragraphs later you said they weren't.

In in the history of the big ten, you don't think it has ever been as good as the SEC is now. Really? And this is why you font give credit to any B1G titles over time... Ok. This is why I make the "head in the sand SEC fan comment".

When did I say "Saban loses kids"?

Getting #1 classes becomes easier when your oversign some.

Saban moves kids to the NFL that are expected to go there. At Stanford, Harbaugh developed kids into NFL talent. Not to mention Harbaugh has a ton of experience and success in the NFL, same with most of the staff.

Right, I'm the only one throwing out insults.

This all started because you think it is impossible for any kid not to choose Bama (because, as an SEC fan, you just latch onto the best team in your conference). I gave you reasons why. Since then, you've jumped all over the place trying to make a point and attack straw men...

Why do you stupidly split hairs like "when did I say 'Saban loses kids?'" It was obviously implied when you criticized me for saying he doesn't really lose kids. If not, I take it you are conceding that he doesn't lose kids?

Are Michigan girls and parties better than Alabama's? Simple question. We're comparing the sellability of the programs here and you are dodging based on my not having been to Ann Arbor as if Harbaugh isn't going to negatively recruit Alabama (then again you're probably delusional enough to actually believe that) and I doubt he's ever been there. Certainly hasn't been as many times as Saban has been to Ann Arbor.

Saban's had the top 2 or 3 classes for highest number of 4 and 5 stars in all 5 of those classes I'm pretty sure. So no, it's really not due to the oversigning. But keep telling yourself that. He has signs classes every single year with more 4 and 5 stars than Michigan signed in its entire class last year.

Yes I went to A&M.

the state of your program is not on a par with Alabama's RIGHT NOW. Historically, of course it is.

All I hear is a bunch of speculation on why Harbaugh is better at developing NFL talent. I still don't see any actual proof he's done it better than Saban. Probably because there isn't any. Keep pointing to Harbaugh's history with 3 stars while casually ignoring that this kid IS A 5 STAR.

Hey, I'm just saying, I don't make it my life's work to defend Alabama. I just see someone post something I think is false, so I tell them why I think they're wrong. You equate that with doing obscene things with them or with Saban. When I tell you I'm just giving my opinion, I get "get over yourself." Ok. Good argument, I guess. At least your last post was somewhat more classy overall.

Why do you stupidly split hairs like "when did I say 'Saban loses kids?'" It was obviously implied when you criticized me for saying he doesn't really lose kids. If not, I take it you are conceding that he doesn't lose kids?

Are Michigan girls and parties better than Alabama's? Simple question. We're comparing the sellability of the programs here and you are dodging based on my not having been to Ann Arbor as if Harbaugh isn't going to negatively recruit Alabama (then again you're probably delusional enough to actually believe that) and I doubt he's ever been there. Certainly hasn't been as many times as Saban has been to Ann Arbor.

Saban's had the top 2 or 3 classes for highest number of 4 and 5 stars in all 5 of those classes I'm pretty sure. So no, it's really not due to the oversigning. But keep telling yourself that. He has signs classes every single year with more 4 and 5 stars than Michigan signed in its entire class last year.

Yes I went to A&M.

the state of your program is not on a par with Alabama's RIGHT NOW. Historically, of course it is.

All I hear is a bunch of speculation on why Harbaugh is better at developing NFL talent. I still don't see any actual proof he's done it better than Saban. Probably because there isn't any. Keep pointing to Harbaugh's history with 3 stars while casually ignoring that this kid IS A 5 STAR.

Hey, I'm just saying, I don't make it my life's work to defend Alabama. I just see someone post something I think is false, so I tell them why I think they're wrong. You equate that with doing obscene things with them or with Saban. When I tell you I'm just giving my opinion, I get "get over yourself." Ok. Good argument, I guess. At least your last post was somewhat more classy overall.

Because that's how he do.

... Right, because every point you've made has been perfect. But if you keep changing what you're debating, I see how that can happen.

It isn't really speculation. He has a pretty good track record and his staff has a lot of NFL experience. Obviously Saban takes players destined for the NFL and then gets them to the NFL. I just don't see how you could really negatively recruit Harbaugh and his staff on that if you're Bama. Though I'm sure they mention all of the draft picks that came out of there.

Hey, congrats, you didn't completely contradict yourself on that in your post this time. Obviously Bama is better right now. We're a tier above them historically

Obviously it isn't 100% oversigning. But when you can flush out the underperforming players each season to make more room for highly rated players, your class ranking will go up.

Paying them helps too

I have no idea about Bamas girls or parties, so I wont comment on them. Just like you have no idea about Michigan's. But I never made statement about Bamas. You did make a statement about Michigan's. See the difference here?

Wait, Saban is versed in the party scene and girls in Ann Arbor? Haha ok.

Because that's how he do.

Maybe it was what he posted?

Never did I yell "Saban loses kids! Saban loses kids!" As if he's bad at recruiting. Or as if this needs to be shouted from the mountain tops. Or something like that.

It isn't splitting hairs when you're trying to change they way I'm conveying a point.

Obviously Saban doesn't get every single recruit he wants. That's just common sense IMO. That doesn't mean I'm yelling out he loses kids, haha. I assumed it was just common sense, but maybe I'm mistaken.

... Right, because every point you've made has been perfect. But if you keep changing what you're debating, I see how that can happen.

It isn't really speculation. He has a pretty good track record and his staff has a lot of NFL experience. Obviously Saban takes players destined for the NFL and then gets them to the NFL. I just don't see how you could really negatively recruit Harbaugh and his staff on that if you're Bama. Though I'm sure they mention all of the draft picks that came out of there.

Hey, congrats, you didn't completely contradict yourself on that in your post this time. Obviously Bama is better right now. We're a tier above them historically

Obviously it isn't 100% oversigning. But when you can flush out the underperforming players each season to make more room for highly rated players, your class ranking will go up.

Paying them helps too

I have no idea about Bamas girls or parties, so I wont comment on them. Just like you have no idea about Michigan's. But I never made statement about Bamas. You did make a statement about Michigan's. See the difference here?

Wait, Saban is versed in the party scene and girls in Ann Arbor? Haha ok.

Historically the browns are a tier above the seahawks and I'm sure that will be comforting when we lose to them this season.

Oh, I'm sorry.... Am I not allowed to post here? Are Browns fans only allowed to be OSU fans?

There are much better definitions of trolls on this board, and they're OSU fans.

But yeah, all of the threads made about Michigan, that aren't by me, are my fault...

What I'm saying is if that guy didn't take the bait and immediately leap to the defense of Michigan maybe those threads would peter out. And yes BROWNS fans from cleveland Ohio are going to gravitate to the Ohio state buckeyes not some rival team that, by the way, wholly sucks.

Archived