THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan's Contract with Nike

MLD Woody

I Google'd "Walton Family College Donation" and I see mostly articles about hoe they don't donate enough. What school was it?

Trinity University in San Antonio. It is a small school of only 2500 students, yet has over a 1 Billion dollar endowment.

It has a bigger endowment than: Baylor, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee

About the same as Texas Tech.

Per student, it has the 24th highest endowment to student ratio in the nation.....Most of the ones ahead of it have names like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, Duke, and a few much more well know smaller schools like Williams, Smith, Pomona, Swarthmore, Bowdoin, Wellesly.

Let's just say that it is the least well known of the top 25.....and probably considered to be the least in academics of that group. Don't get me wrong, it is a good school. But they are tightwad pricks at that place given the resources they have. Their endowment to student ratio is almost double that of Cornell, where my son is attending grad school.....and at least 5 times that of the undergrad school where he went. They have one fifth the resources that Trinity had....but gave 4 times the money than Trinity.

I guess I am only assuming that a school that small...that unknown...and not that highly ranked academically compared to others with the same resources must have gotten a lot of it from the wealthiest family in America, one of whom attended that school. Maybe not. Maybe the Waltons are just as tightassed with their donations as they are at giving their employees a decent wage.

Any school can get rich alumni to give money............

But only 1 BIG TEN school has ever won the BCS National Championship

and then the same school won the 1st Playoff

The BCS was around for 16 years, Ohio State played in 10 BCS games.............more then anyone...........went 6-4

They also played in 3 title games going 1-2

The 2nd best Big Ten team played in 5 BCS games and went 2-3..............and that's 2 different teams.

It emanates from your posts.

Any comment I make about the Michigan's relative standing in some category is based on fact. If you disagree, provide your own argument for why I'm wrong.

Don't use those situations to say u think they're the best at everything ever. Follow along, and try not to create a straw man here.

Yes, I agree that you don't have anything to back your statements up...

You made a comment we could be getting less money and how that could be an issue. I let you know we're fine financially either way.

You then took that as me saying Michigan is the best at everything, ever. I state facts, if you disagree, disprove them.

Other than that this back and forth is getting old. I think I'll just reply to you in the other thread now. Idk if it is jealousy, ignorance, or you just trolling... But it's getting old.

Look, in this context there's only one area in which michigan matters: football. They're not good at it. They haven't been good at it for a long time now. They're not on the level of OSU or Alabama. Not even close. I don't care about jim harbaugh. Until they prove it on the field they are a doormat.

The only area Michigan matters in is football? You mean to you personally or everyone?

And yeah, we haven't been very good recently. The #2 v #1 game, and a BCS win a few years later, but that's it.

Everything is in place now to correct that. CFB goes in cycles. Michigan being down isn't the norm. It will be corrected and hopefully we don't hit a down patch again like this for decades.

Every big team can/will have it happen. We'll have to see when that is for Bama and OSU.

Sure. A little extra clarification helps. Especially since more than just Michigan's football program has been "under attack" on this board...

If it is under attack it has primarily been from internal cancer cells. Maybe Harbaugh is chemotherapy for the program....or maybe not.

(Don't you just love the analogies that I come up with? ;) )

Yes, I agree that you don't have anything to back your statements up...

You made a comment we could be getting less money and how that could be an issue. I let you know we're fine financially either way.

You then took that as me saying Michigan is the best at everything, ever. I state facts, if you disagree, disprove them.

Other than that this back and forth is getting old. I think I'll just reply to you in the other thread now. Idk if it is jealousy, ignorance, or you just trolling... But it's getting old.

By your logic there should be a laundry list of things they are taking less money on because good ole Mr. Ross will help them out.

Archived