THE BROWNS BOARD

Russia and China want new currency

calfoxwc

Well now. Obama is bankrupting us at the same time?

Could it be that this is what Obama wants? One currency running the world's economy, so

we would be tied to the rest of the world...so there would be no going back to our USA after

he might lose the next election ?... providing we still have them....

How can a president who wants so much to be friends with the rest of the world no matter

which country it is.......

bankrupt us so much that China is losing confidence in buying our debt?

He's either stupid... or he has some kind of other motive for the national debt

he criticized Bush for.. except in ten years the national debt will be 10 TRILLION DOLLARS???

What the hell is going on, really?

Neither Clinton NOR Bush reigned in spending, and I'm not counting the war on terror. But Obama

is deliberately EXPLODING our national debt problem to impossible levels.

What the hell is going on?

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/...196/23082/?ck=1

GLENN: Listen, Congressman, there was this story that came out last week about Missouri where they did this study on who's a militia member, and there were some pretty remarkable things in there. For instance, if you have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car, that's a sign. If you talk about the Constitution, if you're against the United Nations, if you've ever passed along cartoons against the FBI, ATF or IRS, that's another sign. I mean, it's -- this is insane.

RON PAUL: You know, they are really taking on something. I don't know how they can handle this. Hopefully this will awaken the American people because I think I saw a poll the other day where 25% of the American people now think the UN is not a good idea and we should be out of it. What are they going to do? Round us all up or what?

GLENN: Well, I will tell you, I will tell you this. The latest on the United Nations is that today they said that the G20 should be disbanded and they should have a security council for the economies and 1% of everyone's stimulus package needs to go to the UN. That's crazy!

RON PAUL: That's the -- you know you are not supposed to waste a crisis, as Emanuel, as Rahm Emanuel says. So this crisis is going to be used to the people who do believe in world government. I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think they are pretty honest.

GLENN: Oh, yeah.

RON PAUL: I think they are open about it. They believe in it every bit as much as we believe in national sovereignty and personal liberty. They think you should have world government. This crisis now is not only a danger to us for the economic reasons but it's a danger to our liberties and the whole concept of what the United States stands for.

GLENN: Congressman, what do you think -- well, first

If we were going to move into a global currency first our own dollar would have to be devalued more than it is now. Otherwise no one in the US would except that type of change. It would take hyper inflation and massive property devaluation.

Someone needs to take the credit card away from Obama.

NOW you are concerend about the national debt.... but not the past 8 years....

did china announce that they dont want our money when the debt increased over the past 8years......or over the past 8 weeks?

not everything is bush's fault...no matter how much you want it to be.

haha.. didn't say it was. It's just ironic that the national debt and budget deficit has sudenly become such a huge concern for these people. To top it off, they have an issue with the money actually being spent here inside the US, but have no problem with the money being spent on an unjustified war in Iraq.

This really is just posturing and geopolitical influence pr.

china and Russia have been playing second and third fiddle to the US/Europe and would like to find ANY tool they can use to alter the playing field. Currency manipulation in China is well known as well as how corrupt and now the centralization of power in Russia. This is basic maneuvering to weaken the US. It is not going to happen ANY time soon because the US dollar is used by too many countries China included and invested in heavily.

This defecit spending is only necessary because of the republican led deregulation collapse on top of the Bush/

Cheney debacle in the middle east.

Obviously the Dems are going to attempt to exceed their mandate in corrected our system because of some of the more liberal non centrist trying to push their political ideology. It is good we have some sort of check in place to stop or force them into more central moderate legislation and defecit spending.

haha.. didn't say it was. It's just ironic that the national debt and budget deficit has sudenly become such a huge concern for these people. To top it off, they have an issue with the money actually being spent here inside the US, but have no problem with the money being spent on an unjustified war in Iraq.

What's ironic is that instead of actually talking about what could potentially be really damaging to our currency we're still sitting here throwing stones at each other. What's also ironic is that it is concerning now, b/c two large countries, one of which is our largest financier are beginning to float the idea of effectively ending our currency (as we know it). But still let's just fight about Bush and Obama; two of the most visible "figure heads" of the last 50 years.

thats just it.....spending money for the war, albiet under false pretenses, was still spending for a purpose. spending money just to spend money, however, is whats so alarming.

pumpkin.....the irony you find in this is only because you fail to realize just how much wasteful spending is going on. the total for the war, which is the crux of your argument, is only a flash in the pan compared to what your king has done in 8 weeks.

it not the amount, per say....but teh rate at which he's throwing TRILLIONS at the problem....

Well, pumpkinmeater,

I was only a bit concerned about the national debt before, because it was manageable after Iraq et all was over.

But NOW, the wasteful spending will send "manageable" to the outskirts of the galaxy next to us.

Bush stopped us from being hit on our own shores for 7.5 years.

Since Obumbly got in office, our economy has been terrorized by lies and exaggerations... and

TRILLIONS of wasteful, UN-sustainable debt.

Big difference.

This defecit spending is only necessary because of the republican led deregulation collapse on top of the Bush/

Cheney debacle in the middle east.

"You keep saying that word - I do not think it means what you think it means."

inigo_montoya.jpg

Yes, that was Gramm's albatross, that Clinton signed into law, and for the last decade Democrats heading up both house & senate finance committee have let run-unchecked.

It's time to make arguments without using the blame game.

Bush stopped us from being hit on our own shores for 7.5 years.

can this lame argument ever die?

how do you know he actually "prevented" anything?

9-11 was an inside job.

Considering the number of terrorist attacks on US soil in history, a chimp could go 7.5 years without an attack (and one actually did)

can this lame argument ever die?

how do you know he actually "prevented" anything?

9-11 was an inside job.

Considering the number of terrorist attacks on US soil in history, a chimp could go 7.5 years without an attack (and one actually did)

Oh boy, another "consipiracy theory" nutbag. Hey, nut boy. Your claim was disproven move on to the other end of the psych ward loser. :blink:

Come on, Poompkin, tell us how we never really landed on the moon,

how Elvis is still alive, and JFK's dna created Obama... whatever.

How elistist - to believe nonsense that no one else will believe.

Wait, that is like Obama! (without the teleprompter)

This is a catch 22 for the Obama admin.

The economy/banking/financial /housing industries are in shambles with the potential to turn into a depression. The ONLY agency large enough to change our direction is the government.

in 2002 the pay as you go legislation was let expired by a republican controlled house and senate. Bush enacted 3 large tax cuts in the face of 2 wars when normally you have to raise taxes or cut programs to pay for wars. The tax cuts helped the wealthy the most not the rest of us.

Bush and the republican controlled house and senate than signed a prescription drug entitlement for medicare without being able to pay for it because of the paygo legislation was let expired.

The budget defecit which is affected the MOST by far is the medicare/social security and medicaid is the biggest problems due to baby boomers going into retirement.

the 2 trillion dollar occupation and rebuilding along with extending medicare entitilements without having to pay for it along with 3 massive tax cuts combined with the economic deregulation fallout caused this.

What exactly was the Obama admin suppossed to do to halt the economy sliding into a depression and prop up banking and financial companies long enough to be able to accomplish that?

I like all of this political sniping about defecit spending NOW when there is only the choice of sliding into a depression or increasing the defecit to halt our slide and start to reboot the economy.

I have no doubt that in the future TAX increases are going to have to come with all of our borrowing and program cuts along with legislating control of drug and medical cost is going to have to happen.

Geithner cant keep his foot out of his mouth!

Sometimes I think that is what the Obama administration wants, but why?

Why do we need to have a global currency? This would allow foreign countries to dictate our laws and economic policies.

Dollar dips on Geithner’s ‘loose talk’

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e4c56948-1946-11...00779fd2ac.html

The dollar fell briefly on Wednesday after Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, appeared to suggest that the US was open to exploring a Chinese proposal to reduce reliance on the dollar as the world’s reserve currency.

Mr Geithner told the Council for Foreign Relations that he had not studied the proposal by Zhou Xiaochuan, Chinese central bank governor, for greater use of special drawing rights – a synthetic currency maintained by the International Monetary Fund that represents a basket of actual currencies – in global reserves, but added: “We are quite open to that.”

Archived