THE BROWNS BOARD

Remove confederate flag from government buildings?

gftChris

Remove flag from all government buildings?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Remove flag from all government buildings?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - please explain

Fuzzy Zoeller the golfer was punished by losing at least two endorsements for making a little joke about the Masters in which he mentioned fried chicken.

And, had you done the researh, you'd see that those images are considered racist and this phoney racism is grounds for being fired. I'd call that prosecutable and you an idiot. :)

WSS

Losing your job for saying something that a company wishes to disassociate itself with is not as you say " being prosecuted". I'll refrain fromreturning the childish name calling seeing as how that is the last refuge of one whose argument is weak.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes it is.

Unless of course I could get away with firing people who voted for Obama because my customers don't like him.

And just as a point of clarification allow me to tell you that your recent vow to ew childish name calling will have to be unilateral on your part. Sorry.

WSS

I hate this PC environment that has taken over the country. I agreed with removing the confederate flag from government buildings but this has gone way overboard.

TV Land Pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' Episodes Amid Confederate Flag Uproar

The Duke Boys are being put on the bench.

TV Land has pulled reruns of Dukes of Hazzard in light of the recent uproar over the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the roof of the show's iconic General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tv-land-pulls-dukes-hazzard-806265

Oh yes it is.

Unless of course I could get away with firing people who voted for Obama because my customers don't like him.

And just as a point of clarification allow me to tell you that your recent vow to ew childish name calling will have to be unilateral on your part. Sorry.

WSS

No problem. I wouldn't expect you to reply above your skill level.

With Dukes of Hazard taken off the air....

they should also take Star Trek off the air.

That was also extremely offensive - racist hate speech.

Hogan's Hero's should also not be aired anymore.

They made fun of German's and POW's

Wait, that's a change of subject.

The subject is, repulsive statements/murders like what caused the confederate flag to

be banned.

I mentioned the gay nutjob's (from Star Trek - sulu)...racist garbage about Justice Thomas.

It isn't about making fun of situations, etc.

98rs4h.jpg

The flag of the Thirteen Colonies should be banned from every museums display case let alone flown. A flag that gave birth to the most oppressive, arrogant, greedy nation ever.

The Founding Fathers were nothing more than colonial terrorists.

Remember this liberal gal? Its all right here...

Confederate Flag Supporters in Tennessee Greet President Obama…PERSONALLY

obama-tennessee-flag1.jpg

by Jason DeWitt | Top Right News

Protesters flew the Confederate flag across the street from where President Barack Obama was set to speak, saying the flag represents “Southern heritage” and not hate.

As Sean Kelly of OV News reported:

Obama spoke on July 1 at Taylor Stratton Elementary School in Madison, Tennessee, while protester Rick Martin stood across the street in support of the “Stars and Bars” Confederate flag. The flag has been the subject of intense debate following the racially motivated shooting of nine African-Americans at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, on June 17.

Martin said he drove two hours to protest next to the school, adding that his intention was not to protest the president. Rather, he said, he wanted to send the message that the flag was about heritage and history as opposed to race.

“Black people and white people fought under this flag,”
he said. Martin told reporters that
he’d be willing to meet Obama and discuss the issue with him personally

“It would be my pleasure to meet the president of the United States,”
Martin told The Tennessean.
“I served under him in the Marine Corps.”

obama-greet-tennessee.jpg

Other demonstrators who protested alongside Martin echoed his statement, saying they simply want people to know that the flag represented Southern history.

girl-flag-obama.jpg

“We just want him to understand that this is heritage, that there is not any bit of hate coming from these flags. We can’t be held accountable for one man making that mistake and shooting up that church,” one demonstrator told WSMV.

obama-parade.jpg

[h/t Sean Kelly, The Tennessean, WSMV]

Sponsored by RevContent

What's worse:

Flying a flag the represents decades of racial inequality and slavery to alot of people

Or flying a flag of a rebel army that tried to secede from our own country, fought a war against our country, and lost?

that gay flag symbolizes intolerance, hate, violence, and sexual assualt.

It must be banned.

1. Violent Homosexuals Attack Christians in Seattle...
    www.usanewsfirst.com/2013/07/05/violent-homosexuals...

Violent Homosexuals Attack Christians in Seattle. July 5, 2013 ... The Seattle homosexualviolence shows that we need to vote only for Christians to have security and ...

that gay flag symbolizes intolerance, hate, violence, and sexual assualt.

It must be banned.

•  

Violent Homosexuals Attack Christians in Seattle...

www.usanewsfirst.com/2013/07/05/violent-homosexuals...

Violent Homosexuals Attack Christians in Seattle. July 5, 2013 ... The Seattle homosexualviolence shows that we need to vote only for Christians to have security and ...

I am sure they lashed him furiously with a feather boa.

Archived