THE BROWNS BOARD

What cool places did your school field trips take you?

StinkHole

The only difference between the extreme left and right is that they can't decide on what behaviors they want to control. Otherwise, they both pretty much act like children and throw fits if anyone disgrees with them.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make information available about healthy foods that is all the government needs to do, they don't need to make the decisions about what get's placed on the school menu's. Let local schools do that. The liberals want government to micro manage everything and the bad thing about government is they rarely do anything well (which was why Reagan was right about less government being better).

Information about healthy foods is available now, and school lunches are still shit. Not all regulation I bad. Hell, these are public schools anyway.

Oh, wow, a political cartoon thing. I'm convinced.

We should serve healthier food in public schools. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that. Schools are limited by their budget. Their unhealthy food doesn't look great, neither will the healthy food. I'm sure the system isn't perfect now. Talking about healthy good, but offering pizza and fries every day doesn't accomplish much. The menu needs to change.

Our country is fat as fuck. Change needs to start somewhere.

Don't worry about it. Let individuals and families deal with things like weight. The government should have better things to do.

Except that it affects me. A healthcare system clogged up with people that can't take care of themselves doesn't help me. If it was completely isolated to the individual making the poor choice, then I wouldn't care.

Except that it affects me. A healthcare system clogged up with people that can't take care of themselves doesn't help me. If it was completely isolated to the individual making the poor choice, then I wouldn't care.

You can take that argument to real extremes. Remember somehow for hundreds of years this country survived and did well without all the government "help". Let local schools set their own menus and if there is a problem parents can always go to the school boards. Simple fix without all the government involvement.

You make information available about healthy foods that is all the government needs to do, they don't need to make the decisions about what get's placed on the school menu's. Let local schools do that. The liberals want government to micro manage everything and the bad thing about government is they rarely do anything well (which was why Reagan was right about less government being better).

so wait a second, yet again someone gets to take federal money to run their operation yet have no strings attached to it? Are you fucking kidding me, are you seriously this naive? Those schools put the shittiest food on the table cause it costs the least and pocket the rest. So you're alright with people accepting federal money but the govt can't attach any strings to it.....that's hardly words for how stupid that notion is.

Don't worry about it. Let individuals and families deal with things like weight. The government should have better things to do.

yeah that was the attitude for decades now and see where it's gotten us? It's not a doable situation anymore. We can't operate as a society at the levels of obesity we're getting to. Plus people just look disgusting, seriously. I'm grossed out by nearly 100% of the people I see on a daily basis and not all of them are necessarily vastly obese. We're all just decaying ghouls. Nobody looks healthy and virile anymore except at the gym where people make at least a show of it. You can see how western food has utterly decimated our DNA. Families ain't gonna do shit and unfortunately these bad habits get permanently ingrained in children during school. Once kids are in college yeah they can eat fuck all they want. But in school during school hours it's getting to the point where legit goose stepping Nazi's should be serving the kids food and sending the off to a "internment" camp if they don't finish it. It's that serious at this point.

It sucks that level of authoritarianism needs to take place but if it doesn't happen those kids become adults who perpetuate their poor lifestyle throughout the free market because that's what they "demand". Kids growing up on candy and bullshit are going to demand candy and bullshit when they're adults. It doesn't magically change when they become 18. If they don't understand proper nutrition and the significance of it on their lives by the time they're in the their early 20's...it's not gonna happen. Military generals are talking about how genetically the recruits their seeing can't cut it anymore. They're seeing structural injuries that simply never happened in the past. And some of these recruits were touted athletes coming out of high school but basic broke them. They didn't properly develop and there's only one cause for it.

I pay quite a bit in property taxes to fund the schools as well and the say of the government should not trump the say of the average citizen. Agan if school menus are not up to par then parents can go to the school boards. We have already seen the mess of the governement with one size fits all school menus.

You can take that argument to real extremes. Remember somehow for hundreds of years this country survived and did well without all the government "help". Let local schools set their own menus and if there is a problem parents can always go to the school boards. Simple fix without all the government involvement.

What are you talking about? Do you think govt regulation is as invention of the last few decades? If regulation wasn't a thing your ground beef would have equal parts dog and people parts as it does cow.

Local schools can set their own menus now, and their menus aren't very good. A lot of public schools struggle to get adequate funding, so they are going to get the cheapest food they can, usually bad food. Some regulation and support for a healthier school lunch is not a bad thing.

A large portion of America is overweight as it is. Or parents are too lazy to pack a lunch. Will either of these groups complain about pizza every day for lunch? If anything, this helps those without much of a say in the matter, the kids.

I pay quite a bit in property taxes to fund the schools as well and the say of the government should not trump the say of the average citizen. Agan if school menus are not up to par then parents can go to the school boards. We have already seen the mess of the governement with one size fits all school menus.

There already is one size fits all menus, for the most part. It is burgers, fried, pizza, etc. My high school had pizza as an option every day and people ate it every day.

I was fortunate enough to have a parent that would take the time to pack me a healthy lunch. Not every kid was so lucky. Yes, by high school a kid should be having more of an impact on his or her own diet, but a lot of time the healthy option isn't even there.

yeah that was the attitude for decades now and see where it's gotten us? It's not a doable situation anymore. We can't operate as a society at the levels of obesity we're getting to. Plus people just look disgusting, seriously. I'm grossed out by nearly 100% of the people I see on a daily basis and not all of them are necessarily vastly obese. We're all just decaying ghouls. Nobody looks healthy and virile anymore except at the gym where people make at least a show of it. You can see how western food has utterly decimated our DNA. Families ain't gonna do shit and unfortunately these bad habits get permanently ingrained in children during school. Once kids are in college yeah they can eat fuck all they want. But in school during school hours it's getting to the point where legit goose stepping Nazi's should be serving the kids food and sending the off to a "internment" camp if they don't finish it. It's that serious at this point.

It sucks that level of authoritarianism needs to take place but if it doesn't happen those kids become adults who perpetuate their poor lifestyle throughout the free market because that's what they "demand". Kids growing up on candy and bullshit are going to demand candy and bullshit when they're adults. It doesn't magically change when they become 18. If they don't understand proper nutrition and the significance of it on their lives by the time they're in the their early 20's...it's not gonna happen. Military generals are talking about how genetically the recruits their seeing can't cut it anymore. They're seeing structural injuries that simply never happened in the past. And some of these recruits were touted athletes coming out of high school but basic broke them. They didn't properly develop and there's only one cause for it.

I don't want the safety nazis dictating to me or the food police telling me what to eat. I don't want to give up freedoms that we had people fight and die for to be thrown away. Is diabetes a problem today, yes. I read where we eat many times more sugar today than people living 100 years ago with much of the sugar hidden in processed foods. I am all for educating people on making right choices but I draw the line on forcing it down people's throats.

This is the difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals think government can intervene and solve all our problems while conservatives believe in less government and our ability to solve our own problems.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

Michelle Obama embodies the worst of busy-body progressivism… She wants to control every aspect of the raising of American children. But her school lunch control regulations, which were passed in the name of “healthy eating,” have been an utter failure. Students are in full revolt against these limited calorie lunches, while cash-strapped school districts are losing millions of dollars in uneaten lunches. In some parts of the country, the unwanted lunches are being turned into food to feed pigs!

This is the difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals think government can intervene and solve all our problems while conservatives believe in less government and our ability to solve our own problems.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

Are government programs perfect? No. Is there waste in them? Yes.

Have they in the past, or currently, helped our country as a whole? Of course. Would you prefer no regulation on our food and drugs? You think each individual person will be able to take care of this all themselves, that is unrealistic. We aren't in control of every bit of processed food we use. There aren't always other options. Each individual doesn't run a farm and produce their own food. Shit has changed in the last couple hundred years believe it or not..

It would be great if every person could make the right choice, but that isn't going to happen. For the most part, I do not care what they do... but when it has the potential to affect me, I do. All kids should be required to go to school and get an education because a more educated population is better for everyone as a whole. We regulate that, and with good intentions.

We need government and regulations but we can have too much big government and too many regulations. The governemnt being invoived in mandating lunch menus is one of them. We don't need it. Have you seen some of the food being given to the students today in the name of helping them?

Dear Woody & Cleve4life,

The government can't count the votes (see Florida in the 2000 election)

The government can't even pay it's own bills (18 trillion) or balance the budget

The government executes innocent people and lets guilty people go (Troy Davis & Casey Anthony)

The government that falsely imprisons innocent people who get released after DNA testing after serving a 20-40 year sentence

The government will let rapist go on good behavior but imprison non violent drug dealers (Anthony Sowell & Vincent Winslow)

The government sends young men to endless bullshit wars to die so they can protect old men's property and interest (Vietnam, Iraq 1&2)

The government that issued Federal N***** Hunting Licenses

The government denies rights to homosexuals in certain states

The government denies cannabis to law abiding citizens some of which use it for medicine to alleviate pain from cancer & chronic illnesses

The government gives billions in aid to Pakistan, Israel, Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan while leaving our own citizens in debt, broke, and impoverished.

The government can't educate our children worth a fuck

The government arrest and shoots black people and minorities at a disproportion rate due to draconian sentencing over drug laws (see Freddy Grey)

The government spies on its citizens

The government forces you to pay them otherwise your sent to jail

The government that enabled NDAA, Patriot Act, FISPA, CIPSA, FISA,

The government responsible for Wounded Knee, Trail of Tears, Japanese American's 1941, Police Brutality, Wire Taps, Bribery, etc.

The government that pays teachers, firefighters, soldiers, city workers like shit but rewards themselves with a lifetime of benefits, pensions, travel, and massive salary...

and you expect me to trust these people on regulating our health and what we should eat?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND?

Dear Woody & Cleve4life,

The government can't count the votes (see Florida in the 2000 election)

The government can't even pay it's own bills (18 trillion) or balance the budget

The government executes innocent people and lets guilty people go (Troy Davis & Casey Anthony)

The government that falsely imprisons innocent people who get released after DNA testing after serving a 20-40 year sentence

The government will let rapist go on good behavior but imprison non violent drug dealers (Anthony Sowell & Vincent Winslow)

The government sends young men to endless bullshit wars to die so they can protect old men's property and interest (Vietnam, Iraq 1&2)

The government that issued Federal N***** Hunting Licenses

The government denies rights to homosexuals in certain states

The government denies cannabis to law abiding citizens some of which use it for medicine to alleviate pain from cancer & chronic illnesses

The government gives billions in aid to Pakistan, Israel, Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan while leaving our own citizens in debt, broke, and impoverished.

The government can't educate our children worth a fuck

The government arrest and shoots black people and minorities at a disproportion rate due to draconian sentencing over drug laws (see Freddy Grey)

The government spies on its citizens

The government forces you to pay them otherwise your sent to jail

The government that enabled NDAA, Patriot Act, FISPA, CIPSA, FISA,

The government responsible for Wounded Knee, Trail of Tears, Japanese American's 1941, Police Brutality, Wire Taps, Bribery, etc.

The government that pays teachers, firefighters, soldiers, city workers like shit but rewards themselves with a lifetime of benefits, pensions, travel, and massive salary...

and you expect me to trust these people on regulating our health and what we should eat?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MIND?

did you just make some liberal arguments there in that jumble of words I just saw but couldn't really read cause me eyes started to bleed.

Speaking of pizza it seems to me its at least close to the Pyramid of the building blocks of food. Grain, Dairy, vegetables and meat.

Of course again, woody, you've told us your metabolism allows you to eat all the shit you want. so seriously how far would you go to regulate what parents feed their children at home? that's got to be a lot more significant than your school lunch right?

As a matter of fact I truly believe one of the most detrimental portions of anyone's diet is canned pop. There is almost no nutritional value in a 16 ounce bottle of coke and processed sugar is one of the worst things you could eat.

WSS

Speaking of pizza it seems to me its at least close to the Pyramid of the building blocks of food. Grain, Dairy, vegetables and meat.

Of course again, woody, you've told us your metabolism allows you to eat all the shit you want. so seriously how far would you go to regulate what parents feed their children at home? that's got to be a lot more significant than your school lunch right?

As a matter of fact I truly believe one of the most detrimental portions of anyone's diet is canned pop. There is almost no nutritional value in a 16 ounce bottle of coke and processed sugar is one of the worst things you could eat.

WSS

Metabolism + being active.

I ate healthy in school. My mom packed my lunch. I also stopped drinking pop years ago. Now it is just an occasional Kickstart/Mt Dew if I'm sleepy.

I can eat damn near anything, but I still eat healthy. I just had a salad for lunch. I'll just then eat a large pizza and cheesey bread another day.

You can't regulate what parents feed their kids at home. Not really. In a public school though you can.

Archived