THE BROWNS BOARD

Your "Carbon Legacy"

Mr. T

Center for the study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change http://www.co2science.org/

The Center has since tried to distance itself from the Western Fuels Association, however, the Center is run by Keith and Craig Idso, along with their father, Sherwood. Both Idso brothers have been on the Western Fuels payroll at one time or another. Keith Idso, then a doctoral candidate at the University of Arizona, was a paid expert witness for Western Fuels Association at a 1995 Minnesota Public Utilities commission hearing in St. Paul, MN, along with MIT's Richard Lindzen, Patrick Michaels, and Robert Balling (The Heat is On). According to news from Basin Electr ic, a Western Fuels Association member, Craig Idso produced a report, "The Greening of Planet Earth." Its Progression from Hypothesis to Theory," in January 1998 for the Western Fuels Association (Basin Electric Latest News no date given).

Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change has received $100,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.

$10,000 ExxonMobil Corporate Giving

Source: Exxon Education Foundation Dimensions 1998 report

$15,000 ExxonMobil Foundation

project support

Source: ExxonMobil Foundation 2000 IRS 990

$40,000 ExxonMobil Foundation

Climate Change Activities

Source: ExxonMobil 2003 Worldwide Giving Report

$25,000 ExxonMobil Foundation

Source: ExxonMobil 2005 Worldwide Giving Report

$10,000 ExxonMobil Corporate Giving

DISCREPANCY: 2005 Corporate Giving Report: no description. IRS 990 form 2005: Climate Change Activities.

Source: ExxonMobil 2006 Worldwide Giving Report

Craig D. Idso is the founder and chairman of the board of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, which is funded at least in part by the ExxonMobil Foundation From 2001-2002, Idso served as Director of Environmental Science at Peabody Energy in St. Louis, MO.

Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE: BTU), previously Peabody Coal Company, is the largest private-sector coal company in the world [2]. In 2006, Peabody sold over 247 million tons of coal. The company's coal fuels approximately 10% of the electricity generated in the United States and 3% of electricity generated throughout the world

Sherwood B. Idso is the President of the ExxonMobil Foundation funded Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global ChangeIn a 1988 paper, Idso, currently on the ExxonMobil payroll, offers an alternative to the widely held belief that CO₂-induced global warming is behind the planet's recovery from the global chill of the Little Ice Age.

The Western Fuels Association is a not-for profit cooperative that supplies coal and transportation services to consumer-owned electric utility in the Great Plains, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions. It is based in Westminster, Colorado. Groups established by industry bodies like the Western Fuels Association have been criticized as Astroturf organizations, since they appear superficially to be grassroots initiatives.

Astroturfing is a word in American English describing formal political, advertising, or public relations campaigns seeking to create the impression of being spontaneous "grassroots" behavior, hence the reference to the artificial grass, AstroTurf

I love these attempts from Cal and T.... its like trying to shoot a pig with no legs... LIke I said in another post... NO SCIENCE JUST PR FUNDED BY OIL AND UTILITY COMPANIES... Its almost preopostorous how easy it is to debunk pr like this. :P Its like debating with a mob informant... obviously untrustworthy and definately has a personal agenda that has nothing to do with the truth.

Trouble is, I did not quote from those sources you are dissing.

Meanwhile, saw on TV where the earth at one time was covered with ice.

Ice melted.

Because of volcanic build up of CO2. Thusly, a rich environment for the

growth of plant life.

(this happened a long time before Bush was elected president, and there

were no Republicans driving SUVS.

There WERE NO PEOPLE. Therefore, people did not cause it to happen.

So there ya go.;

no this time you did not but i have MANY times on your "articles" or "info" you posted.

did you really just say I saw this on tv..... so yea.... I once saw on TV the earth was once one big molten slag of rock........ WHEN IT WAS FIRST FORMED.

good god I saw this on tv about something about ice and melting is your best argument now?

Hardly. but dissing your source for the first time was fun. I'm not a pro at it, and you are a master at it,

but for me, it was cool. Paybacks are rewarding now and then...

Well anyways I will continue to keep driving my gas guzzling suv and encourage my kids to have babies as many as possible.

Yep, That will piss some lefties off!

Keith and Craig Idso must be some great researchers, they need to keep up the good work.

Go green, Buy a John Deere Tractor!

Archived