THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's next?

Taco918

So the first round went well. We didn't trade the farm, solidified the lines, and seemingly took care or two of our biggest needs from last year (sans QB.) What do we need now and who do we target?

We can use another pass rusher, a returner, a TE, a WR over 6 ft, and some depth at S, along with any late round projects y'all might have a hard on for.

I'd like to see us pick up Waller from GT and Lockett from K St. to give us at least one red zone threat and an actual KR/PR who just might be able to be a long term slot threat. As far as pass rusher and DB depth go, I'll let you guys make recommendations.

So what should Farmer and Co. do from here on out?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my top 10 guys for us in the 2nd... in order

1. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

2. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

3. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

4. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA

5. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

6. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

7. Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State

8. Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington

9. Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

10. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

Ignoring... Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eric Kendricks, and all OL, DL, and DBs...

Here's my top 10 guys for us in the 2nd... in order

1. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

2. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

3. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

4. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB, UCLA

5. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

6. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

7. Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State

8. Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington

9. Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

10. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

Ignoring... Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eric Kendricks, and all OL, DL, and DBs...

1,3,4,5 or 10.. Good start Now Finish..

Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players.

Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.

Tell us how you really feel.

Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players.

There is other Franchise's that might like you too!!

Have a few favs I'd like a shot at Day 2...

Rnd 2 Pick 11 - would entertain trading this one back, unless E. Kendricks (ILB) is available. This was my Marpet pick, but not seeing that so...

E.Kendricks (ILB)/ D.Smith (WR)/ D. Hunter (OLB)/ E.Rowe (CB/S)/ J.Fischer (OT)

Rnd 3 Pick 13 - may have to move this one up, if Petty (QB) was available. Otherwise...

If by some miracle Marpet was still here/ A.Abdullah (RB)/ H.Anderson (DE)/ T.Sambrailo (OT/OG)

Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players. Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.

Got to hand it to Ghoolie... he is consistent.

Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.

I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.

I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.

As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...

Just thought of another prospect for 3.19.... A. Abdulla (RB). He'd bring a RB style we do not have on our roster. And he returned kicks at Nebraska.

In no particular order Eli Harold, Nate Orchard, owamamabe obagdizuhula, Eric kendricks. There are a few interesting options still on the board when it comes to receivers: Funchess, Smith, DGB, Strong, Coates all seem to fit into the second round nicely.

Dorial Green-Beckham would be the most fun in terms of generating major discussions and JG flashbacks. :P

But if we don't take a wr I will be surprised. Then I would target Lockett in round 3 if we choose anyone other than a wr. He meets too many needs as an all-around ST player and wr.

If a quality ILB is there at 2 however, I'd look there first myself. Keep building this defense to be bulletproof inside out.

I thought Stephone Anthony would be a great pick

next at ILB, but the stupid Saints took him.

My guess is, I'd pick Rowe in the second round. He could

be a defensive game changer at safety.

Then the next three picks could be WR, TE, OLB

Hell, I don't know. All I have is Shelton - the

mainstay in my mocks. The Browns have plan

for wide reciever.

2nd round:

Eric Rowe, CB/S

Jaelen Strong, WR

Devin Smith, WR

Eli Harold, OLB

Hau'Oli Kikaha, OLB

3rd round

Chris Conley, WR

Tre McBride, WR

Wes Saxton, TE

Clive Walford, TE

oh...and.....Bryce Petty?

Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.

I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.

I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.

As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...

Good points.

ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.

Just thought of another prospect for 3.19.... A. Abdulla (RB). He'd bring a RB style we do not have on our roster. And he returned kicks at Nebraska.

Do you think he gets past the 2nd round?

Anyone wanting Eli Harold needs to understand you'd be taking a player that has a slim chance of contributing his rookie year and had a player across from him at Virginia that has the potential to be just as good - but taken in later rounds.

What are the team needs of the teams ahead of us supposed to draft. I hope Maxx Williams is there, we desperately need a starting TE that can run and pass block as well as be a receiving threat.

Maxx Williams (Losing Cameron makes this a position of need...however there are other TE to be had later on, but MW is the best of em)

Dorial Green Beckham (Everyone is scared of his off the field issues but I just don't see it)

Landon Collins (Whitner won't last forever and Collins is often compared to Whitner, could learn from him for a few years and be a stud)

Jaelen Strong (4.44 forty time, has good speed and a 42 inch verticle)

Jake Fisher (More Oline in case Mack leaves next season and Cam goes to C then Fisher goes to RG?)

Ali Marpet (nearly identical combine numbers compared to Cameron Erving)

Denzel Parryman (Huh, I would have thought that the Steelers would have reached for this guy, he hits like a heavyweight)

Today's agenda:

#43 - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

#77 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

#91-#96 - (via trade) - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

Is that wishful thinking?

Not all - they're definitely in play.

Some other guys that could be on our doorstep in our next 2-3 picks or via trade include:

Nate Orchard (I see why Tia likes this guy - 18.5 sacks + 21 tackles for a loss in 2014 says all it has to about sic em and sack em)

Bryce Petty - my favorite QB in this draft with a ratio of 61 TDs to 10 INTs in the last 2 years plus leading his team to victory over the TCU (Thank God!). We can probably snag him or consider trading up to make it happen.

Jaelen Strong, Devin Smith, Phillip Dorsett might be tempting.

Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.

For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.

Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.

well....with all those late picks, still hoping to see us consolidate and get another in the 2nd or 3rd......lots of great talent left....

Some names I wouldnt hate to hear tonight would be Orchard, Collins, Rowe, Perryman, Kendricks, Smith, Petty or Odighizuwa(sp)

Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.

For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.

Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.

Thanks!

I went to bed before the Rats picked. Hate that team so much - I didn't want to see what they picked or hear about how smart their front office is again. All that predraft time I wasted/invested on Perriman ends up with me hoping he fails. How's that for irony? Truth be told, I liked WAY more guys than him though...Still do!

Landing Shelton at #12 and adding Erving to our offensive line gives us 8 more chances to add playmakers, pass rushers and a QB like Petty (or whomever our front office prefers without trading away too much value to get him, if any)...

We can even draft the best place kicker in this class somewhere on day 3.

All that predraft time I wasted/invested on Perriman ends up with me hoping he fails. How's that for irony?

Ha!.....kind of how I feel about Dupree.......really wanted an edge rusher early and he was definitely one of my "likes" at #19, but now that he's at Pittspuke.....I hope he sucks rocks

QB- I feel we are set to test Manziel in the flames. Feed him to the wolves, sink or swim time.

RB- The Crow, West and Winston are fine Running backs.

FB- Huge need for a legitimate FB, but there are several viable options to be had on the final day of the Draft.

OL- Unless another standout OG falls to us, Marpet or Fisher maybe... I would say let's focus on our weaknesses and improve elsewhere. We're set.

TE- We have Dray, Barnidge and Housler... Maxx Williams would be a very nice potential first round addition if he's still available when we pick, however there are several other nice TEs available later.

WR- Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin.. Gordon... as much as some of you hate it we NEED DGB here. He Give us that huge Mike Evans like target for Manziel to lob his patented jumpballs up to. This IS a risk but it IS what we need.

DL- Set with Shelton, Taylor, Kitchen, Starks, Winn, Bryant, Hughes and a few others.

LB- We're okay right now, we have Kruger, Mingo, Dansby, Robertson, Kirksey, Bryant and Solomon. Adding Perryman would be AWESOME though.

CB- We are good on Corners. Haden and Gipson will be amazing this year. Both Williams' and Desir, an outstanding group in the secondary. set.

FS/SS- We have Whitner and Gipson. Both whom I like very much but Gipson coming off an injury and Whitner's no spring chicken, maybe time to start thinking about the future... Collins here?

K- Do we have one? We could use one if there is another Phil Dawson, but this I don't know. Maybe a cold weather kicker somewhere? I don't ever want to have to consider going out and signing a 'kickolicious' ever again... ugh

----

FB - TE - WR - LB - S - K

I would push K and FB to the back of the draft, 6/7th rounds. So currently looking to improve WR - TE - LB - S

Safety would be a luxury pick since we have basically Probowlers right now at both positions. Only injuries could screw this position up.

Let's focus on WR - TE - LB in the second and third rounds tonight.

WR - Dorial Green-Beckham

TE - Maxx Williams

LB - Denzel Parryman

Trade the rest of the draft and land these guys and they will build a Farmer statue outside First Energy Stadium! :)

Bold is not cutting it, Ghoulie... maybe a bigger font? Italics? ;)

Good points.

ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.

Where he started at FSU is immaterial. Coaches simply recognized better skill set for the O-line.

No doubt that Cam has improved our O-line depth... whether or not he starts... but that's a competition vs. McDonald and Seymore, not Greco and Schwartz. That's a competition that any first round O-line choice had better be able to win.

The whole "complete line versatility" in one player thing is really getting overblown. First, it's not that rare. Second, it's not that valuable. Good lines with good talent and good depth may shift two other starters to replace one injured starter, and barely skip a beat.

My whole point is I thought I saw more economical ways to get to O-line depth... and I pass rusher...

At most I should only need to vent for another week or so, so bear with me. Then again, maybe I'm better by the end of Day 2...

Do you think he gets past the 2nd round?

Dunno, Ag... but have a feeling that Ameer might... not due to his falling, but others rising.

Both Coleman and Langford seemed to generate a late surge up the boards and are more likely to be full-load backs than Ameer. Add that only two RBs came off in Rnd 1, when some projected more would, and that helps as well.

I just like Ameer's Sproles-like, complementary style for our roster.

On Dorial G-B-the NFL Network report from Titans camp is that he is the pick they want to help out their new QB. So their thinking may be right along with yours PG. Big, fast target for the mobile QB.

They pick first tonight.

Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson.

Do you want to rethink the use of the word "try"?

Archived