THE BROWNS BOARD

this season

cane666

We have picked up backup players and stopgap players (Barton). We really haven't improved our defense much. We still need a pass rusher and a SS. Also still need some help at CB.

That being said, I still want to trade down because there is great value in the middle of the first round and also great value picks at SS, WR and Center in the second round.

I still would like to get into position to select Donald Brown, Connor Barwin, Brian Robiskie, Moore/Chung/Vaughn and Mack/unger/woods. Could be a little to much to ask for.

I think we need to see what else comes in in free agency.. We really need DE's and a safety more than LB's IMO due to the FA pickups so far.. We do need to improve at LB we need to bring in about 6500 WR's to compete for spots.. I want to see what happens as far as trading DA, BQ or anyone else.. trade downs etc.. I think It will be clearer in april.

.. I think It will be clearer in april.

I agree. Thinks are pretty nebulous at the moment. It should become clearer in 3-4 weeks.

Needs may change in 2-3 weeks, and we don't really know how these guys draft......needs may not be a very big part of the draft strategy.

And strategy in a draft is great, but if any of you have ever played a fantasy sports game, I think you know how the strategy can change as the draft unfolds....strategy goes out the window if the guys you wanted aren't there or all of a sudden a player you never expected to drop is sitting there.

We're just going to have to wait to see how things unfold.

Since we wont be able to get curry im for moving down should the opportunity arise sez is right though...im more concerned about getting a couple bookend DEs then getting 1 LB and we have to get a true possession WR somewhere period...if we stay the coarse at #5 with stallworths troubles and lack of hands as a "possession" reciever we may be better to take maclin or crabtree if either is available...

When i think possession reciever i think tough a guy whoms concentration cannot be easily broken regardless of footsteps or coverage and his hands are like an octopus..

When i think of stallworth i think stiff,fragile and no concentration or determination with hands not as solid as braylon edwards i have a tuff time seeing stallworth as a possession guy..

Archived