THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

The ever-compassionate DesertDawg speaks! If there is a more sanctimonious fatso on these boards I have yet to encounter him...

Am I the only one who hears him type with his mouth full, spitting crumbs with every witty retort, or sees the virtual mayo on his chins?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stallworth was arrested in 2006 while driving a Bentley. According to USLaw.com, Stallworth was busted after he refused to turn of his cell phone and shut off the engine after a traffic stop for driving with an expired license.

Looks like there's a history of Mr Stallworth having trouble with laws of the road, which might explain why some aren't as patient or willing to think innocent until proven guilty. What if the victim of this avoidable death was in your family - would you still want him to get all the slack an avid Browns' fan thinks he should have?

If this guy was a Ratbird or a Steeler - people would be calling him a scumbag in this scenario. Instead, he's an overpaid Brown that couldn't give the first crap about producing for the franchise overpaying him. We should be reading about his offseason commitment to the program that just gave him a bonus of 4-5 million $ in today's economy. Instead he's out getting liquored up putting his life and others at risk. Don't pray for Stallworth - pray for the guy he killed and the family he devastated. He'll just get the same slap on the wrist Leonard Little got.

- Tom F.

I dont understand all of the hostility by some of the members on this board. I have faith that this incident was an accident. He probably wasnt drinking that early in the morning. And the pedestrian was probably jaywalking. My thoughts go out to Stallworth and the fmaily of this pedestrian.

Now if more information regarding legality and alcohol consumption of this event occur, my opinions will change. But at this point, no one should be calling for Stallworths head and saying that he needs to be kicked off the team. Thats rediculous.

Instead, he's an overpaid Brown that couldn't give the first crap about producing for the franchise overpaying him. We should be reading about his offseason commitment to the program that just gave him a bonus of 4-5 million $ in today's economy. Instead he's out getting liquored up putting his life and others at risk.

- Tom F.

So you'd have more empathy and sympathy for Donte if he caught more passes? And who said he was liquored up, Tom? And finally, today's economy means nothing to the players - the bonus was set when he signed the contract.

Looks like there's a history of Mr Stallworth having trouble with laws of the road, which might explain why some aren't as patient or willing to think innocent until proven guilty. What if the victim of this avoidable death was in your family - would you still want him to get all the slack an avid Browns' fan thinks he should have?

If this guy was a Ratbird or a Steeler - people would be calling him a scumbag in this scenario. Instead, he's an overpaid Brown that couldn't give the first crap about producing for the franchise overpaying him. We should be reading about his offseason commitment to the program that just gave him a bonus of 4-5 million $ in today's economy. Instead he's out getting liquored up putting his life and others at risk. Don't pray for Stallworth - pray for the guy he killed and the family he devastated. He'll just get the same slap on the wrist Leonard Little got.

- Tom F.

Flug's with a response like that.. I guess I will add you to my prayer list too. God bless all of you.

I agree, we all ned to stop jumping to conclusions. I would love to keep Donte on this team, he is an electrifying player when he is not injured, he is just injury prone, and yes, he does take alot of heat, and he doesn't complain about it like some other recievers do. Ive seen him make some CRAZY plays over the years and I still think he has the ability of a #1, he just needs to get a little lucky in regards to injuries.

Best of Luck Donte, I hope it was just an accident for all our sakes.

large_Stallworth-Donte.jpg

Stallworth isnt the same player he was a few years ago and injury prone as he pretty much always has been plus age means to much time on the bench which equates to being no help at all and wasting a roster spot..mangini doesnt seem to want these kind of physically challenged injury prone players and i never have...its true he isnt a trouble maker but thats not enough i am all for giving him another year to prove he can make a difference but my instincts say 3 unproductive games or less and hes on the bench hurt for 3-5 more games.....

I do hope all this stuff we are hearing about him is misguided...

Indeed......and here, maybe Stallworth didn't make a mistake.

Maybe the guy walking around was the one drinking and made a really poor judgment call on where to cross the road.

Lot's of info to still be released.

It's best to get the facts on something like this before ranting and raving about things you don't have any clue about.

(not saying you are.....just commenting)

First and foremost thoughts and prayers to the family of the pedestrian. Stallworth is also in my prayers. I'm hoping this was just a horrible accident and no substances (drugs/alcohol) were involved. I'll wait to voice my opinion further until more info is released. I loved this signing when it happened hoping his stretch the field abilities would add another dimension to our offense. I hope it's something that could happen in 09 barring any convictions on stallworth's part.

What a horrible tragedy; my knee jerk reaction is to lambaste a self-centered, overpaid athlete; however, the facts are not all in and there is a family grieving the loss of a loved one whom it seems were expecting home this man this morning after the night shift….very very sad indeed

PROSECUTORS POISED TO CHARGE STALLWORTH WITH DUI

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:47 p.m.

As authorities in South Florida wait for the results of a blood draw performed on Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells us that prosecutors are preparing an indictment for DUI manslaughter, under the assumption that the results will show that Stallworth’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent when he collided with a pedestrian, who later died.

Per the source, Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas. A separate source called that information “basically right,” but added that Stallworth contends he had his last drink at midnight. The incident occurred after 7:00 a.m. local time.

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

We’re told that Stallworth is badly shaken by the news that the pedestrian had died.

And, frankly, he should be. Apart from the fact that he was involved in an accident that claimed a man’s life, Stallworth could be facing serious criminal liability, if the pending test reveals an impermissibly high concentration of alcohol in his blood.

I remember some people wanted Marvin Harrison locked up on the spot and kicked off the Colts roster before all the info was in.

I think why most of us pass judgment on these guys so fast is that most of the time they are guilty.

Every time it seems these players get into trouble they have a press conference pleading there innocence to be found stone cold guilty liars later on.

These guys need to realize that the fans are not just older male fans but also role models for the youngsters as well.

In all honesty it sounds as though he killed a man whether or not he was drunk or not is basically a moot point because there is someone dead and you will be doing time.

The charge if drinking is going to be called vehicular manslaughter.

If he was sober call it involuntary vehicular manslaughter. And you know the grieving family will go for the jugular because he is in a NFL player.

So I will write him off as playing for the browns this year, or possibly ever again, and if he does play this year I find it hard to believe that he will be of any use with this hanging over his head.

Oh and let not for get Roger “The Hammer” Goodell.

Well here we go...Stallworth, welcome to the football ranks of OJ Simpson, Pacman Jones, Mike Vick and Terrell Owens.

Looks like we are gonna need another reciever. I hope that, if he was intoxicated, he does get the full prosecution of the law. Drunk drivers need to not exist.

what did T.O. ever do off the field

This will probably drag out for awhile so he might still be on the team when the season starts

This will probably drag out for awhile so he might still be on the team when the season starts

I didnt say anything about off the field. You might have implied that I was saying that, even though all I did was give example of notoriuos football players.

My father said that we might resign Jeruvicius, even though I think we are going to wait till the draft and sign Michael Crabtree.

And Tory Holt is still out there my friends.

........ Talk about cursed. What do you do now if you are the team...Cut him and take the salary cap hit and use the remainder to go after well maybe T.O. .........

T.O. signed in Buffalo.... This is really turning ugly... I was hoping he would able to be productive for us this year and it's not looking like he will see the field at all... I'm hoping he wasn't drunk while driving. Call a cab or a friend or some form of DD there is no reason for this. It's truly an ugly situation for all those involved. I"m saying he deserves whatever punishment he receives because there is no reason to ever drink and drive... Hopefully one day he will be able to recover from this but it looks like his playing days are done.

If he gets charged with a blood test as evidence then he is suspended until found guilty and then I'd bet they void the contract so it lessens the cap hit. He will not be on this team under indictment.

Archived