THE BROWNS BOARD

So much for 'Oversight'

Legacy Fan

Here we are at point in the history of mankind where humans actually have the attention span of a labrador/jack russell puppy and you fcuks couldn't wait a little longer before handing out these bonuses?

AIG pays $450mil to staff

Hey fellas, you actually own 80% of AIG and this kind of shit only gets an angry phone call from Geithner?

I seem to recall torches & pitchforks everytime AF1 touched down in Crawford.

This is actually my favorite part:

Meanwhile, AIG revealed last night that since receiving a government bailout in September, it has been obliged to pay more than $90bn to a list of clients and counterparties dominated by European banks. The institutions were on the other side of credit default swaps and other instruments provided by AIG to hedge against liabilities which exploded once the credit crunch set in.

Ha! This is almost like a Disney movie.

Terrible movie, but a great book series, even if you're not a Christian it's a great thriller/suspense series.....

Agree. Although I didn't think the film was completely terrible. B-ish, but not terrible.

But any movie that has Clarence "Sundown" Gilyard in it gets a pass from me. I'll never forget how uncomfortable he looks in every episode of Walker: Texas Ranger (which is odd, because the dude is actually plays cowboy in real life).

It seems admin tried to block out disbursements and forced future payment concessions. Without a total takeover (which republicans would talk about government overstepping private boundries) what exactly can they do about former legal agreements?

This is outrageous but it is extremely complicated.

It seems admin tried to block out disbursements and forced future payment concessions. Without a total takeover (which republicans would talk about government overstepping private boundries) what exactly can they do about former legal agreements?

This is outrageous but it is extremely complicated.

Sev. The federal government owns 80% of AIG. They have a bit of leverage. Republicans were too spineless to step in on the 80% buyout, so they're hardly but a stepping stone. Contracts are broken renegotiated all the time. Particularly when there are performance failures on the table. The chump changes who just got their pay-day were in the the financial products division. The same division who the head of AIG said were responsible for the current nightmare.

WOW!!! Now Obamas idiots want to propose 100% taxes on those who will be receiving bonuses.

Will this effect all of those outside of AIG who get bonus checks? If so why bust your ass to get ahead.

p.s. Congress knew about this bonus back on Feb 11. They are only now feigning outrage now that we know about it.

I read that & specifically remember the date. When I find the link verifying it I'll post.

It didn't say anything specifically about Obama knowing back then, but I have a hard time believing he found out when the public did if Congress knew a month ago.

And Obama plays possum on it, then pretends to play angry.

What would happen if all thos who had to return their bonuses simply got up and walked off the job?

Then Piglosi Reid & Obammy wouldn't know what to do. They would want to pass a law making them return to work or face debtors prison. :lol:

The inmates are running the asylum. :lol:

p.s. Congress knew about this bonus back on Feb 11. They are only now feigning outrage now that we know about it.

I read that & specifically remember the date. When I find the link verifying it I'll post.

It didn't say anything specifically about Obama knowing back then, but I have a hard time believing he found out when the public did if Congress knew a month ago.

p.s. Here it is: Chris Dodd knew about the bonus. He's the one who added the clause.

Here's where I got the Feb 11th date: Not the actual article, but references Feb. 11 as d-day (or perhaps VE day :P ).

While the Senate constructed the $787 billion stimulus last month, Dodd unexpectedly added an executive-compensation restriction to the bill. That amendment provides an “exception for contractually obligated bonuses agreed on before Feb. 11, 2009,” which exempts the very AIG bonuses Dodd and others are seeking to tax. The amendment is in the final version and is law.

Also, Sen. Dodd was AIG’s largest single recipient of campaign donations during the 2008 election cycle with $103,100, according to opensecrets.org.

Oops.

Obama doesn't know about it? His "intellectual curiosity" has dipped to the Steve Martin version of Inspecter Clouseau.

Archived