THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama Loves the Military Sooo Much..........

SiperBowl

You can argue the merits of the idea all you want, but this is much more than a rumor:

The administration sees the plan as a way of raising more than $500 million in revenues for the Department of Veterans Affairs. However, veterans groups see it is a violation of the government's moral obligation to treat veterans injured during service to their country.

In addition, they believe it will lead to veterans and their families losing their private insurance or premiums rising because of the high costs of treating many service-related injuries.

The head of the Senate Veterans Affairs committee, Daniel Akaka, said Tuesday his committee "will not advance any such legislation."

His counterpart in the House, Bob Filner, said his

committee won't take up the proposal either. In a statement released by his office, Filner said the idea is "DOA" and said the budget "cannot be balanced on the backs (or legs, or kidneys, or hearts) of our nation's combat-wounded heroes."

The president pushed back during the meeting on Monday, telling the groups that the private insurance companies were getting a free ride. He challenged the veterans to come up with an alternative way to raise revenues.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...rance-proposal/

You are, aren't you?

PS Jeffro, this isn't about whether or not I agree with the proposal. It's that the thing doesn't even exist.

PPS How was that "vacation?"

LMAO. I could care less about a ban. We know all the mod's in here are on your side. I have been in discussion with other posters via email. I realize that legacy, Dak, Chic, etc. are on your side. I could give a shit less. It's kind of laughable that you think it's a big deal. But then again you think it's a popularity contest I guess. Must be lonely having no "real friends"!

So how about addressing the topic at hand, instead of me for once.........

PS the board is a microcosm of life. I'm sure you're disliked everywhere you go.

The proposal is for service men and women to be treated for service related injuries using their own private insurance

Uhhhhhhh,

Having been in the service if you could give me a choice between Frank Burns or my own private doctor,thats no contest and I would be glad to have that as an option.

That's the most idiotic statement you have ever made. We aren't talking about your service in peace time, we are talking about people with injuries incurred in combat. Service Connected. I think the VA has excellent Doctors, most are staffed by University Hospital residents. Frank Burns? Good lord.

Again,given the choice I would visit my doctor and use my insurance any day over the military as I am fortunate to have kick ass healthcare coverage,and there is no such thing as a highly rated VA hospital,That would be like diehard screaming im the smartest guy here while riding the short bus.

For the record, my service to this country is no better or worse than anyone elses.

My father had a hip replacement in a VA hospital. 15 years later he's jogging on it. I guess it depends where you go?

Having been in the service if you could give me a choice between Frank Burns or my own private doctor,thats no contest and I would be glad to have that as an option.

The proposal is not about "choice" in coverage. The proposal is about freeing up money for the VA by having those with combat related/service related injuries use private insurance carriers to cover the costs. Lots of problems could arise, such as higher premiums, lack of coverage, pre-existing conditions making it harder to get coverage, ect...

It is a bad proposal.

American service men and women deserve health coverage from the American people, not private insurance companies out to make a dollar. Here I thought the leftist's of this board mistrusted private business. :rolleyes:

Obama has made a horrible proposal, and the backlash from it will make sure it never see the floor. That doesn't make the guy a horrible POTUS, but it does mean he has a lot to learn, like any other new, young POTUS. You guys get so damn sensitive when it comes to BHO. Relax, he is bound to make mistakes.

I understand mistakes. Bush made em, but HE caught hell for it.

Obama makes em, and it's all smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that he isn't qualified

to be Commander in Chief. This last "plan" is outrageous, and so wrong that you can't

possibly consider Obama a MISTAKE as such.

And, although he has plenty of time to have been a good pres...

he is off to a -poor- start and doesn't show signs of getting it.

Q: Did this hit the floor yet?

Because it will never make it to a vote does not change anything. His own Secretary of the VA pretty much told him it is a stupid fooking idea and recommends that BHO never bring it up again. That is how stupid the proposal is.

Bush made a boat load of mistakes, and now the ultra-right of the Republican party are coming out of the word work trying to pounce on the POTUS for everything. I am not one of those people. I want Obama to do well. But this is a bad idea, and it does not need to "hit the floor" to be an example of piss poor thinking.

I understand mistakes. Bush made em, but HE caught hell for it.

Obama makes em, and it's all smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that he isn't qualified

to be Commander in Chief. This last "plan" is outrageous, and so wrong that you can't

possibly consider Obama a MISTAKE as such.

And, although he has plenty of time to have been a good pres...

he is off to a -poor- start and doesn't show signs of getting it.

For a person who supported one of the worst decision making presidents this country has EVER had, you seem to have a lot of stones to throw from that glass house of yours. You have an entire board of threads worth of stones.

With the cuts the the Bush administration passed through, I think most soldiers would be better off going anywhere else than to the VA hospital.

Even active soldiers are treated exteremly poorly when they get wounded.

Bush passed enormous increases in VA spending the last two years, and that was all before the stimulus. I sell to the VA here in Vegas, Reno and Oregon. You have no clue that what you just said was false, do you?

With the cuts the the Bush administration passed through, I think most soldiers would be better off going anywhere else than to the VA hospital.

Even active soldiers are treated extremely poorly when they get wounded.

Another idiotic statement. Where do you get your facts from? Military medicine is fantastic. They get the best treatment. The only area where treatment needs to improve is mental illness. This has alot to do with the take it like a man and deal with it attitude that goes with being in the military.

It could be but I seem to remember cutbacks in that area.

Yep, he was planning on it. I think this qualifies under wanting to cut veteran's benefits. More so than what you are blasting Obama for.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/12/...D8N8BJ480.shtml

As I said you don't know jack shit. This is what you said:

You first said he cut them, and now you're trying to cover it up. You're wrong. And what Obama proposed has nothing to do with Bush.

You were wrong, got called on it, and now you want to be a child about it and try and point the finger at Bush. Fooking hilarious that you're wrong, and somehow it is Bush's fault.

Get your facts straight.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...nded-veterans/BMT

President Obama, after an uproar by veterans groups, has scrapped a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for the treatment of troops injured in service.

"In considering the third-party billing issue, the administration was seeking to maximize the resources available for veterans," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday in a written statement. "However, the president listened to concerns raised by the [veteran service organizations] that this might, under certain circumstances, affect veterans' and their families' ability to access health care.

"Therefore, the president has instructed that its consideration be dropped," Gibbs said.

Smart move. It was doomed the minute he thought it up.

For a person who supported one of the worst decision making presidents this country has EVER had, you seem to have a lot of stones to throw from that glass house of yours. You have an entire board of threads worth of stones. VD

I supported Bush because of the two goofs that should not have run for president. Far loonyier and worthless

than Bush by a long ways.

I dissed Bush in a huge way for not stopping illegal immigration.

But Bush never did the things I detest ...that Obama has done or wants to do. I will criticize either one as see fit.

You, however, don't seem to have the nads to criticize Obumbly for anything, no matter what he does, what he says,

or for his appts, or what he wants to do.

Bush never hurt anyone I know in my life....

Obama already has upset several friends who VOTED for HIM. So, there ya go.

You, however, don't seem to have the nads to criticize Obumbly for anything, no matter what he does, what he says,

Are you growing marijuana on that farm of yours? Take a look at this thread alone and there are criticisms of Obama by me. I criticize all politicians because they fooking deserve it, but if you're not going to take the time to research before slinging comments my way then I guess you have that right. Just makes you wrong most of the time.

If you have, my bad, but I'm really busy farming. And I'm tired and I still have a ton of work to do.

OTH, we're having a lot of fun. Greenhouse is done and has electric in it. Ready to plant seedings, and work

on the rest of the full page of jobs.

I don't know whether to go cut wood, or go prune the fruit trees, or put the new fine seeder on the grain drill,

or spring clean out the shed...

but the new bracket to put the step on the John Deere works beautiful. We bought the step ($200), but it

wouldn't bolt to the tractor, because the front end loader went there.

So, we designed an auxillary bracket that would fit over the heads of those bolts, and

bolted the step bracket to that. Works beautiful... I am going to check on a patent.

but I could split wood with the new log splitter, or take the tractor and small hay wagon and go

get another load of wood we've cut so far... but I need to study my hay book, and test the soil

for PH... and...

well, anyways. I'm busy. Cut me some slack.

Sounds like your busy, we finished the garden ourselves down here and have plenty of leafy vegetables that were allready harvesting. Nothing like a fresh salad right out of your own greenhouse. :)

soon the idiots will make gardening illegal if you dont believe me read this

http://standeyo.com/NEWS/09_Food_Water/090...food.HR875.html

And we're back to remembering Obama using economics as a weapon to manipulate,

and what Stalin did to the Ukraine.

But I think Obama will back off that one. Even green weenie global warming libs who garden will

hate that one.

Won't fly, and had better freakin not.

Archived