THE BROWNS BOARD

Broncos Game is a Must win

roach

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but the ship sailed after the Redskins game. I will obviously be rooting for the Browns to win, but out playoff hopes are gone.

The team needs to go 7-1 to match last year's record. Unless a miracle happens, that won't be the case.

He's only effective when there is no expectation on him.

apparently there were no expectations in his 13 wins the last year and a half?

Broncos game is definitely winnable as they have lost 4 out of 5. Doesn't look like Jay Cutler is hitting the playoff scene anytime soon either. He had a nice tri-fecta of picks today vs the mighty Dolphins.

I have to agree with Inspecta. I think we are BEYOND the "Must win" topic if we are going to stay in the realm of reality. If we are going to talk fantasy, I would rather talk about the new Star Trek movie coming out.

Does anyone HONESTLY think we are going to "run the table" with THIS team?

I'll go ahead and throw this prediction out there. DA will never take a team to the playoffs. Ever.

Want to predict how many games you can expect to win when you give up 190 yards rushing?

DA will be fine once he has a good D behind him. That era begins Thursday Night.

He's only effective when there is no expectation on him.

apparently there were no expectations in his 13 wins the last year and a half?

Correct. The only time he plays good is when he blows enough dicks previously to completely destroy all expectations and has no pressure. He's done that probably 10+ times, with a few "in spite of" wins where the team carried his suckass to a victory.

I'll go ahead and throw this prediction out there. DA will never take a team to the playoffs. Ever.

Want to predict how many games you can expect to win when you give up 190 yards rushing?

DA will be fine once he has a good D behind him. That era begins Thursday Night.

Give me a frigging break.

I have to agree with Inspecta. I think we are BEYOND the "Must win" topic if we are going to stay in the realm of reality. If we are going to talk fantasy, I would rather talk about the new Star Trek movie coming out.

Does anyone HONESTLY think we are going to "run the table" with THIS team?

WPB does he comes on here every single week preaching this and that and how the Browns are getting ready to overtake the Steelers and how the Steelers are on the downfall, and the Browns are on the rise and how that last game with the Steelers is going to be for the division title. Meanwhile, the Browns cant play consistent football to save their lives. The Browns after this loss today while maybe their wildcard chances didnt totally die, they can forget about winning this division after this loss to the Ravens today. They now have a 1-3 division record and have lost tiebrakers to both Baltimore and the Steelers so far, and the best they can finish in the AFC North now is 3-3. And just to do that they are going to have beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh the last week of the season. I do agree though that if the Browns do not beat the Broncos on Thursday night and fall to 3-6 they can start making plans for next year because this season will be over.

Today was a Need To Win. Thursday is a Must Win. 6 losses will pretty much close the door. If the defense finally shows up, i'm predicting an important win. At 4-5, i'm feeling a little life in the season again.

Browns 38

Broncos 9

IF Denver had won today ...I think the Browns would just about win for sure . But the Loss today will light a sense of urgency in the Broncos.... Its gonna be a Shoot out !!! Last man standing ??? HARD TO SAY !

GOOD NEWS FOR C-TOWN ...Denver had like 12 yards rushing today !

How did he look againist pitt and wash? D played good and he laid in egg. We will never be fine with DA.

GOOD NEWS FOR C-TOWN ...Denver had like 12 yards rushing today !

Yea but the Broncos are just as desperate as the Browns are coming into Cleveland on Thursday night and have lost 3 in a row and are overdue to play well and win a game. Plus, the Broncos despite losing their last 3 games are still in first place in the AFC West at 4-4. This is another game here much like the Ravens game that a lot of Browns fans all week thought was going to be a gimmie game and was anything but. If Jay Cutler and this Broncos offense shows up to play on Thursday night much like they did to start the season the Broncos will win.

Guest Masters
Denver sucks ass on defense. Throw DA out there for the first half and see how he does. If he pulls the same "stare down the WR" crap he should be benched in the 2nd half for Quinn.

From your lips to Crennel's ears.

this season is already done as far as playoff hopes. I like how some people are optimistic, but they need to look hard at our current record and think about what we would need to get in. With the way this team is playing and the teams we have yet to play, I see no way of getting into the playoffs this season. We're halfway thru and still cannot get our act together. It's like we're trying to shake off rust, problem being there shouldn't be any rust...we've got 8 games in now. Good teams step up and play even when they lose a player to injury, or when the game isn't going quite the way you planned. They find a way to win. Cleveland is currently finding ways to lose......

We should and probably will bet Denver...but it's too late. The hole we're in is too deep.

I think the wildcards are gonna be 10-6 minimum. That means no less than 7-1 and that is reaching for a miracle.

Doug

TODAY was the must-win game, roach and we lost it.

And once again, when we needed a big game from DA, he choked.

Good teams have a QB who shows up. The Ravens ROOKIE QB outplayed DA today in every way. He hit the big pass and he moved the chains and most importantly, he didn't turn the ball over.

With our entire season on the line in the 4th quarter, and with a chance to show what he's really made of, DA went out and...well, showed what he's really made of.

How can anyone defend this guy anymore? He's the worst QB in the league, statistically. Two ROOKIE QB's are superior to him this year, let alone his fellow 4th year QBs like Orton and Orlovsky.

Yes, we have a ton of problems but you will only be as good as your QB. We are a 3-5 with a 13-11 starter.

That good enough for everyone?

The D will be fine once they have a good QB behind them. That era begins Thursday Night.

Fixed.

Today was a Need To Win. Thursday is a Must Win. 6 losses will pretty much close the door. If the defense finally shows up, i'm predicting an important win. At 4-5, i'm feeling a little life in the season again.

Browns 38

Broncos 9

As they say in the stock market, past results are no indication of future returns. But we've always played the Broncos poorly. We not only need to win, we need to win, and win, and win.... you get the point- to the tune of 7-1 minimum, or run the table. Not happening.

TODAY was the must-win game, roach and we lost it.

And once again, when we needed a big game from DA, he choked.

Good teams have a QB who shows up. The Ravens ROOKIE QB outplayed DA today in every way. He hit the big pass and he moved the chains and most importantly, he didn't turn the ball over.

With our entire season on the line in the 4th quarter, and with a chance to show what he's really made of, DA went out and...well, showed what he's really made of.

How can anyone defend this guy anymore? He's the worst QB in the league, statistically. Two ROOKIE QB's are superior to him this year, let alone his fellow 4th year QBs like Orton and Orlovsky.

Yes, we have a ton of problems but you will only be as good as your QB. We are a 3-5 with a 13-11 starter.

That good enough for everyone?

I'm with ya- Anderson is totally incapable of raising the level of play of the offense. He needs bulletproof protection, and even with that he's sporting a crap completion %. Elway and Montana were Mr. Clutch, Anderson is Mr Choke.

Where's WPB when you need him for some stats- I'll claim amnesia, but has DA ever led the Browns to a stirring fourth quarter comeback?

Yes, it's a must win.

Sadly, the combo of how we play football, and the fact that Denver has owned us for decades leads me to believe we'll be 3-6 when the night is over.

I remember when it was fun to go to the games and we'd win our home games...oops, I guess that was just last year.

This season totally blows.

As said by others, the optimism is appreciated, but another miserable football Monday morning after another DA let down. This is getting routine and sad. Had such high hopes this season. Sorry, have to rain on the 'parade' but ...

As far as DA, he had a pretty good 3 qtr. game. If his receivers would have done their part - in particular BE - different outcome. Once again, just when this team starts to show some consistency, they prove the excitement will die. The 4th Qtr. was once again DA's demise. He looks like a scared kid when the rush gets to him. At his size, why can't he do what so many others strong QB's can, why he can't still throw at least somewhat a pass when he's fleeing or got a guy just grabbed him, let alone not throw to a defender, then again even his own backfield had no idea he was throwing the ball when the birds last scored. Remember Manning in the Super Bowl (I know, not even fair to talk about comparing such talent). Eli made the pass at the end with a guy hanging on him. DA is a big guy, why does he drop like a sack of potatoes whenever someone touches him.

As far as the Defense, Flacco had all day every time. The secondary was a complete disgrace. The Browns made Flacco look like a 5 year veteran.

Offensively, this team is just plain dumb. How many times must JL be stopped on the first 2 downs of a set, leaving DA with a 3rd and 8, 3rd and 6 to try to get a first down ?

BQ is not the answer, but he is the only thing left worth watching on this pathetic mismanaged, underachieving, lack of imagination, give-away the deep field D, team.

No way this team even deserves any talk of playoff or winning records when week after week who knows who will be showing at Defense, Quarterback, Receiving. Between disarray, injuries and flat incompetent management and play calling, the 2008 Browns are a disaster.

Guest BillyJack

if DA is our man then we have to have everyone else on there A game to compensate his lack of ability to lead.

DA looked scared out there just like Frye did before we got rid of that bum.

Archived