THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Jurevicius released

EERSandBROWNS

On Fox 8 news tonight. You can watch online at www.fox8.com if you want to. He teased it by saying "I have the scoop....are the Browns ready to release another injured popular player."

Has to be Joe J. Now, I know its Rizzo, so I'm not going to take it as gospel. But, its something to watch I guess.

Riz is a good dude, I've partied with him before. He's as down to earth as it gets and he busts his ass. I never cease to be amazed how people seem to hate local media members on message boards.

Anyway, he said JJ is expected to be released in 24 hours but he also said something about how they've been negotiating the last day or so. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

This jerk and his buddy Vegas Vic were trying to shag my wife a few months back at the restaurant she works at. Plus the guy is a BIG coke head.

If you're going to go around calling someone a coke head, you better have sources and be able to back it up. Fact of the matter is, Riz probably did partake in a few bumps back in the day like a lot of people, but that wouldn't make him a "COKE HEAD."

My source ? He has mentioned doing coke more than 100x while on the radio and the other source I have (his former dealer) would not be to happy if I named names. And it was more than a few bumps when you have a dealer come to the restaurant you own EVERY Friday for a quick delivery.

Well, sounds to me like you're the one who is hanging out with coke dealers.

Interesting.

Anyone have any info on this? My Google Reader just fed me an OBR heading stating Fox 8 is reporting JJ is to be released in the next 24 hours.

Report: WR To Be Released

by Site Staff of theOBR.com, March 11, 2009 at 7:13pm ET

Joe Jurevicius Profile

Joe Jurevicius is a leader, a hometown favorite, and popular player. But he's also old by NFL standards and spent last year on the IR. The OBR has been reporting that Jurevicius wants to play next year, but understood it might not be for the Browns. Fox 8 news here in Cleveland reports tonight that Jurevicius will be released within the next 24 hours. We will wait and see if that comes to pass, but it would not be a surprise if it did.

PFT reporting it too now:

BROWNS RELEASE JUREVICIUS

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2009, 8:11 p.m. EDT

The new regime in Cleveland is pushing its luck.

On the heels of rounding up a bunch of players who were collectively good enough to get Eric Mangini fired as head coach of the Jets, the Browns have parted ways with a hometown hero.

Gone is receiver Joe Jurevicius, a veteran wideout who grew up in Mentor, Ohio, rooting for the Browns.

“These types of decisions are always difficult ones, especially with someone like Joe, who has meant a great deal to the Cleveland Brownsorganization and to the fans of Cleveland,” G.M. George Kokinis said. “Eric and I have had extensive conversations with Joe and his representatives. In the end we were unable to reach an agreement that was in the best interests of both parties. We want to thank Joe for his contributions to the Browns and wish him the best of luck in the future.”

That’s code for the notion that the Browns wanted to pay Jurevicius a lot less than the $2.4 million base salary he was due to receive in 2010, along with any other roster or reporting or workout bonuses that might have applied. It’s unclear what the Browns were willing to pay, and what Jurevicius wanted.

Jurevicius missed all of the 2008 season after developing a staph infection following arthroscopic knee surgery. He had said that he plans to play one more year before retiring.

The former Penn State standout joined the Giants in 1998, and also played for the Buccaneers and the Seahawks. He has played in two Super Bowls, losing XXXV as a member of the Giants and winning XXXVII with the Bucs.

On Fox 8 news tonight. You can watch online at www.fox8.com if you want to. He teased it by saying "I have the scoop....are the Browns ready to release another injured popular player."

Has to be Joe J. Now, I know its Rizzo, so I'm not going to take it as gospel. But, its something to watch I guess.

Good call, thanks for breaking the scoop Eers.

I can't say I'm surprised, given his age and injury history and the new brass.

I take it we will keep Stallworth? I thought he was a good pick-up, but he made a fool of me for thinking that. Maybe he will get his shit together this year, and Braylon too, but we really need a third "hands" guys with Joe and KW gone ... we don't have a reliable third down receiver.

Zombo

--I'd join Camp Holt if skippy hadn't started it.

Sorry for the duplicate thread. The tried to STF, but the Search function gave me an error for some reason.

Seems like we have to keep Stallworth now. There are many teams who love two past first round draft picks as WR's. If Stallworth is supposed to be more of a YAC guy, than maybe it'll work out well with Quinn.

Joe J was a fine player & surely a fan favorite, but I am not surprised. I really didn't expect him back this year, but we need to find a possession receiver....SOON! I still want Robiskie in the draft.

Good luck to Joe wherever he plays this year.

Mike

can anybody link Joe's press conference that he had towards the end of the year last year were he talked about growing up tailgating and going to browns games. I cant seem to find it and it was without a doubt the best press conference I've ever heard. almost shedded a tear. If anyone can find it thanks alot

I JUST DON'T GET ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS GUY WHO PLAYED ONLY 1 SEASON HERE.. GOOD GUY BUT GEEZ

I don't see anybody worshiping the guy, just giving him his props. What exactly is the problem with that? He's from Mentor, grew up a Browns fan and came back home to play. He had an awful injury issue that may well have ended his career. Dude was a hardcore player and tough as nails, he embodied what being a Brown is even if it was just for one year of actual PT.

I really don't get the negativity on this board sometimes.

Who looks like the dumbass now?

i wasn't commenting on how he wasn't right, i was saying this as a statement of fact. he may have the best sources in the world but i still think he is a jackass. he acts so arrogant like his opinions are the only way to think and that his shit doesn't stink. he is honestly one of the most arrogant conceded men i have ever heard. that comment had nothing to do with jurevicius.

It kinda sucks but i think many of us expected jj to not come back one way or another..as for stallworth and butterfingers we will have to wait and see what mankok has in mind for them but i would not count out both of them being traded..BE lacks the tools and tude to play under this regime and stallworthless just blows chunks..

I'm sorry to see Joe J go but his time is up. Age and injuries. As for Rizzo....I don't know ANYTHING about his private life, but I DO know he led the charge that has kept Uncle Scum out of the Hall Of fame...and for that...he gets a lifetime free pass from me.

Doug

Archived