THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is Allen Patrick?

Guest John McClane

Guest John McClane

6-1 200lbs. From Oklahoma. Seems pretty interesting and according to an article I read runs like a 4.45 40. Also someone in an article says he may have similar talents of Darren McFadden. Will this guy ever see the field for us? Visit My Website

Guest John McClane

Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

Could never understand why we have so many unknowns on the roster with the record we had last year. We weren't in contention so why not put these guys on the field to see what they bring to the table?

because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

Guest John McClane
because Romeo was mad a Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

I been hearing people wanting to burn a draft pick on a running back like Greene and I am wonderwing why. We don't know what we have in Harrison yet and now we have a unknown guy like Patrick who,on paper, looks very intriging and we haven't even seen him play yet. I would either resign Lewis or bring in a vet but we have to get these guys some game action to actually know what were dealing with. I would NOT waste a pick on a running back considering all the holes on defense we need to fill.

Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

Guest John McClane
Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 5th

All i'm saying is that I want to see what we have in Patrick. Even though Harrison has durability issues, I still would like to see him get more touches. Your right I think we can hold off until the fifth for a RB to add depth. I would not take one high considering that next year there will be some good backs in the draft.

because Romeo was mad at Savage for hanging him out to dry by not getting him players he wanted so when phil told Romeo he wanted to see what the guys he drafted could do since they weren't contending for anything Romeo returned the favor by not playing guys he drafted. Therefore they both got fired, gotta love it

I can't see that being the reason at all. Romeo while he is not my favorite coach I feel he was still a competitor and would not tank a game or games to piss someone off. I don't care who you are if you are a coach you are going to put the best players that you think you have on the field to win.

No one is going to risk their job to do something like this, especially a first time HC.

Don't know much about him, and there is hardly any info on him, but I found this tidbit of info on him

Before Allen Patrick transferred to Oklahoma. Allen Patrick played for Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. Allen Patrick played as a safety, before switching over to offense while he is at Oklahoma.

He was a great player at OK.....his problem is he was behind Peterson until his senior year, which he played well.....I have mentioned him a few times....I think he can be a player.

He was on the PC most of last season and activated for maybe the last game of the season.

The boy has good hips and can make people misssss without having to spin, but how many RB's do you see using spin moves these days? so many are to big and tight to be able to pull it off without being tackled.

After reading this post & looking at that short video, I also have to wonder why we haven't seen this kid. Do we have a "diamond in the rough" getting splinters & growing cobwebs? I agree that before spending draft picks on backs that we need to see what this young man can do.

Mike

Harrison has durability issues and Lewis is gonna have issues with all the wear and tear he's taken so they gotta do something, I could easily see both of these guys missing a number of games next year. I don't no if i take a RB in the second but i dont see why not in the 4th

What makes you think Harrison has durability issues? He hasn't played enough to indicate what his issues may be. Sort of like guys saying Sproles was too small and would have durability issues.

How many games did either miss last year?

If you are sure that these guys and this position will be a problem, why would you wait until the 4th round and take a gamble on a unknown? There's a reason players are still available in the 4th round.

I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

Back to Allen Patrick.

He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year. Here are his Oklahoma stats...

YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot (AP left for the draft). "Diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

I think RB is a position that is tough to evaluate in regards to actual game day output. Those guys need to get out there in a real game situation to see what they can do. Sadly that is such a risk that not many guys get a chance and stay buried on a depth chart or practice squad.

He was a seventh round pick from Baltimore last year.

YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG

2005 25 136 5.4 28 2 4 8 2.0

2006 170 766 4.5 65 4 0 0 0.0

2007 173 1009 5.8 69 8 10 56 5.6

He shows that he improved year to year once he was given a true starting spot. "diamond in the rough" is a hard thing to find. I'm not sure I'd suggest that but instead point out his potential and possible upside.

who are you talking about??

The title of the topic is "who is Allen Patrick?"

So I'll give you a hint...it isn't Lee Suggs.

The way you worded your post it looked like you were posting NFL stats from Baltimore.

Hope we get to see his stuff in preseason.

What makes you think Harrison has durability issues? He hasn't played enough to indicate what his issues may be. Sort of like guys saying Sproles was too small and would have durability issues.

How many games did either miss last year?

If you are sure that these guys and this position will be a problem, why would you wait until the 4th round and take a gamble on a unknown? There's a reason players are still available in the 4th round.

I think Harrison only missed one game last year, but he was injured for like the last 4-5 games thats why he only got 1 or 2 carries in each of those games, considering he had around 35 carries last year and was injured toward the end of the season would be my answer to why I think he as durability issues. As for why I wouldnt draft one until the 4th is because I dont beleive we need to draft a starting running back this year we just need a devlopemental or depth guy. We have to many holes to fill, honestly I'd rather not draft a RB anywhere in the draft, I'd get Gary Russel, Chris Taylor or Desean Foster in free agency

After reading more about his guy and watching more video on him he looks really impressive. Here is a highlight video of his I found. Looks pretty impressive.

Sorry couldn't find the video on Youtube to embed it.

Allen Patrick

Great video. I love the way he runs. He doesn't seem to change hands much but has a monster grip on the football. Like Adam said...he just doesn't fumble. Looks to have good vision, a second gear, cuts well, and flat out runs hard.

Funny that we're talking about an late round pick that looks great on tape and has good size. Something had to set teams off for him to be available in round 7. It isn't impossible for a late rounder or undrafted guy to become a starter or simply get some good touches...but it isn't extremely common either.

Great video. I love the way he runs. He doesn't seem to change hands much but has a monster grip on the football. Like Adam said...he just doesn't fumble. Looks to have good vision, a second gear, cuts well, and flat out runs hard.

Funny that we're talking about an late round pick that looks great on tape and has good size. Something had to set teams off for him to be available in round 7. It isn't impossible for a late rounder or undrafted guy to become a starter or simply get some good touches...but it isn't extremely common either.

I think it was because he was behind Peterson initially, then he split carries his last 2 years. He was also a safety from a community college who transfered into Oklahoma and was converted to RB. Maybe he's viewed as somewhat of a project because of this. Or maybe we have another Cribbs.

I think it was because he was behind Peterson initially, then he split carries his last 2 years. He was also a safety from a community college who transfered into Oklahoma and was converted to RB. Maybe he's viewed as somewhat of a project because of this. Or maybe we have another Cribbs.

After watching the video I posted I am wondering the same thing, is it possible he has been over looked this whole time and we have another hidden gem. I hope they give him a chance with Harrison, would love to see what this kid has

Guest John McClane

That could be a good thing. We may have our next feature back or we have another Willam Green. Either way, to have that kinda potential out of a guy drafted in the 7th is really nothing but a plus for us. I he makes it GREAT if not no biggy. At least he's not expected to put up 1st round numbers which could also benefit him too, not as much pressure to succeed right away. Either way I want to see this guy on the field SOON :)

After watching the video I posted I am wondering the same thing, is it possible he has been over looked this whole time and we have another hidden gem. I hope they give him a chance with Harrison, would love to see what this kid has

With the way Romeo ran things, I wouldn't be surprised to see some young guy or two appear "out of the blue" so to speak.

Guest Aloysius
Funny that we're talking about an late round pick that looks great on tape and has good size. Something had to set teams off for him to be available in round 7.

Patrick's an aggressive runner who's not patient waiting for the hole to develop. Intelligence is an issue: the reason he didn't work out at safety was that he couldn't retain plays.

Size is a bit of an issue: if a RB's 6'0 3/4", he should weigh more than 200 lbs. Considering his aggressive running style, there were serious questions about his long-term durability at that size.

Also, he's got poor hands and wasn't a factor in the passing game (only 10 receptions as a senior). And he isn't good at blitz pickup, so he doesn't offer much value as a third down back.

He could develop into something, but I think Marcus Thomas is a more intriguing guy - he's bigger, has better hands, and could serve as our short-yardage back.

Archived