THE BROWNS BOARD

Bodden signs with Pats

FloridaBrownsFan

I'm guessing Bodden wouldn't look to come back here after we shipped him off to DET anyway, but the Pats got themselves a decent corner on the cheap (750K).

All they really got in bodden is a player thats one play away from an injury that ends his season he is still fairly effective in nickel packages and as a fair backup for however long he lasts...and there was no way he would come back to cleveland..;)

Bodden can play and Belichick signs guys who can play......we will see where he plays

Winning is about making value for your money...........or wasting it on a TE who scored 11 TD's in five years

Do Not know the answer to your question. The first thing I look for in a player is brain. The second thing is awesome talent. Winsblow made it clear he had no brain while still in college ........nothing he has done since shows he has a brain

So I deflect answering your question to my rational assessment of a dimwit we should have never drafted

I'm guessing Bodden wouldn't look to come back here after we shipped him off to DET anyway, but the Pats got themselves a decent corner on the cheap (750K).

Just asking, do you know if he can run? Is he healthy? Maybe that's why the contract isn't guaranteed. He must make the team out of camp to earn the contract.

It's wonderful to remember guys who used to be players but nobody, not even rich, knows his health or the extent of his injuries. He couldn't even start for the Lions, come on. At least Hank Poteat is healthy. He may not make the team but he may have a better chance then Bodden has in NE.

Did you ever think that maybe he just didn't want to plaly for the Browns. Maybe he saw a ring in NE.

BTW he was a nickle back most of second half of the year for the Lions. He lost his starting job because he was getting beat like a drum.

Guest Aloysius
Bodden Takes A Big Risk

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2009, 7:42 p.m. EDT

In the days before cornerback Leigh Bodden signed with the Patriots, plenty of readers asked us whether he was still planning to play pro football.

As it turns out, Bodden had an opportunity on the first day of free agency. But he passed. (Maybe he wanted Ted Danson money.)

Per multiple league sources, the Patriots made a four-year, $16 million offer on February 27. He had been cut by the Lions on February 9.

In the end, Bodden signed a one-year, $2.25 million contract, including a commitment that the Patriots won’t apply the franchise tag to him in 2010.

Though it’s unclear whether the four-year, $16 million deal was still an option when Bodden signed, it appears that he opted for a short-term contract so that he could hit the market again in the uncapped year.

Sounds like Greythan and Heck are right about the Pats viewing Bodden as a starter.

Archived