THE BROWNS BOARD

Hank Poteat

Mr. T

Height: 5-10 Weight: 195 Age: 31

Born: 8/30/1977 Harrisburg , PA

College: Pittsburgh

Experience: 9th season

High School: Harrisburg HS [PA]

I hope he still has something left in the tank!

He never had anything in the tank.

Poteat sucks ass. I'd rather have Cousin or dare I say Ralph Brown.

Let's not kid ourselves into believing the best in everything this new regime does. Poteat is terrible and always has been, ask Puke fan.

We better be paying him no more than vet minimum.

Sheesh...

No sheeeet. I can't begin to sugarcoat this. Poteat may be the worst active corner in the league. We seem to corner the market yearly on suckwads at veteran corner.

I'll bet he doesn't make the team, unless they don't draft a single CB. I hope that's not the plan, but just another reason to trade DA's ass along with Edwards.

Wow, a lot of downers on Poteat. Well, I'll say this -> It's another NYJ player that liked playing with Mangini enough to follow him to Cleveland.

Good point, but how did it work out when Belichick brought over all his former Giants?

Browns sign DB Hank Poteat! Just received the message.

2009 stats 41 Tackles 1 Sack 2 FF 2 INt's

I can't believe he's still in the league.

He knows the system (although how different is Mangini's sys from Romeo's?), so maybe he'll be a good influence on the young guys, vet leadership and all that...

But I hope he doesn't make the field during the reg season.

Zombo

--the Patriots were playing a WR at DB one year before they finally relented and re-signed him after a rash of injuries.

Please God dont let him start. He's just a vet adding depth. Nothing more. Holly and McDonald are 3rd corners at best. McDonald showed shome flashes but i dont trust him against WR's like i do with Wright. Wright is a solid corner but we need to fnd someone to play opposite of him.

Chill guys, he isn't a starter and won't start here. He can't play man up outside coverage, but we will be playing a cover 2 zone. He will be given a chance to work inside on the slot receiver which he can still do.

4 INTs in 9 years, all coming from the last two years. What a stud.

I'm pretty sure I could have come close to that tally.

I don't get this signing at all. There's no pedigree here, why add this kind of fluffy padding to the roster??

I like the new formula. not big splash, just solid guys who can add depth and play.. build via the draft.

I agree.

Building the bottom and middle of the roster is a overlooked value.

I agree.

Building the bottom and middle of the roster is a overlooked value.

Hi Ballpeen. I am not sure I see how Poteat, or any other seemingly old under performer, helps with our position? Sure we need depth, but shouldn't that depth have some quality too?

Guest John McClane
4 INTs in 9 years, all coming from the last two years. What a stud.

I'm pretty sure I could have come close to that tally.

I don't get this signing at all. There's no pedigree here, why add this kind of fluffy padding to the roster??

Looks to me he is going to be a McGinest type player to the secondary since he is familiar with the system.

He doesn't even have a guaranteed contract. He has to make the team for the contract to kick in. If he is still in camp on Aug 1st he will get his roster bonus. If he breaks camp on the 53 man roster then he gets just above the veteran minimum.

He is insurance and has to earn a position.

Archived