THE BROWNS BOARD

I KNEW WE WERE GOING TO LOSE WHEN.......

Riffer X

Third and 19 and Flaxico is about to crap himself, Browns up two TD's. What do they do? Send three and drop 8 and we all know what happens at that point, it's a script that's all too familiar. Long completion to Mason for the first down after Flax had all day to throw. Before this, the Browns were getting great pressure and looked to have him on the ropes. He was ready to either fumble or throw a pick and the prevent bailed him and the team out.

After that, I knew we were in big trouble. They drove all the way, tired the defense and then immediately got a three and out from the Serial Drive Killer. Bad punt and bam, we're tied up. At that point, you're asking DA to get it done, and we all know what usually happens then. The Edwards drop sealed it and I knew we were finished.

Anderson was completely rattled at the end and wasn't even getting deep enough on his drops. He melted like butter back there. Lewis ran like a bitch all day and the defensive backfield should be ashamed of themselves.

I assume Tucker was the guy responsible for the prevent call, so I'll pin part of this loos on him and Chud's calls were putrid also.

I thought you where going to say..." I knew we were going to loose the game when we whent to the nickle and Cousins came in!"

OR

"I knew we where going to loose when DA had to play in a must-win situation with alot of pressure on him!"

But i agree... our corners play better in bump and run or even just 5 yards off .

We need to send lbs and safteys all fucking day... especially when we are playing a focking rookie!

For me, it was when Braylon dropped what looked to be a sure TD. I really had a bad feeling then.

Of course, the int for a TD is when I REALLY knew this was going down as a loss.

And, yes, 2nd half playcalling was idiotic - run run run punt or run run pass punt is not a recipe for success against a defense that doesn't give up 100 yard rushers.

Is the playcalling because the coaches just don't have faith in DA. If you can't trust your QB to not turn over the ball, it really limits your playcalling.

Or is it because it is who they (the coaches) are, or because it's what RAC demands?

I think it's some of not trusting the QB and RAC instilling this in his staff.

I KNEW WE WERE GOING TO LOSE WHEN.......

...we had the lead and our crappy Head Coach started playing conservative on BOTH offense & defense. We stopped riding the horse that got us there (once you start playing NOT to lose...you lose). BTW, I mentioned this in the Chatroom as it was happening.

Then the momentum changed and we could not get it back. Our soft defense also helped QB Faggo & thier offense get confidence in our house (something that a rookie QB should not have gotten).

This ended up putting pressure on the offense (& DA) which is not a good recipe for success by judging the past. Edwards was his typical "hands of stone" receiver (that the fans also booed BTW). 3 and outs kept the Defense on the field and they wore out.

So I would say Crennel is the BIGGEST loser who STARTED our demise.

I agree Dan, Romeo is to blame.

He's lucky the field goal with 8 sec left in the first half was good from 54 yards too. Otherwise he'd look a bit stupid for not having tried to get us closer with a quick out to one of the sidelines.

Then again, if DA throws a pick, Romeo might look stupid too, but I doubt anyone would pin that on him... at least I wouldn't. He's trying to get into Dawson's range for the FG one last time.

Romeo loves him some prevent D on 3rd down, don't tell me that's all Mel Tucker, that shit was happening last year and the year before and the year before that with this fat turd at the helm.

Man I'm so effing pissed off at this gay team, if Romeo doesn't get fired soon I'm going to spaz out and shoot a raccoon

This looks like a good place for my post. So frustrating. . . I decided to check out the play by play. In the third quarter, the Browns extended the lead to 2 TDs. The very next drive Baltimore drove it down the field and scored bringing it to 27-20, a long a tiring drive for the Defense, they needed a rest. So here is what they got for the rest of the game out of the offense:

Starting at 1:10 left in the 3rd Qtr:

J. Lewis rush for 4 yards.

DA to Steptoe for for 3 yards

DA incomplete to Edwards

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 7 Yds gained, 1:07 off the clock

Starting at 13:57 in the 4th Qtr:

J. Lewis rush for 0 yds

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

DA incomplete to Edwards

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 3 Yds gained, 1:44 off the clock

Stating at 9:57 left in 4th qtr

DA pass to K. Winslow, Penalty nullifies play

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

DA complete to Winslow for 6 yds

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 2 net yds gained, 2:27 off the clock

Starting at 5:36 left in 4th qtr

J. Wright rush for 2 yds

DA incomplete to Edwards

DA incomplete to S. Sanders

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 2 yds gained, 1:06 off the clock

Starting at 3:25 left in 4th qtr

DA rush for 2 yds

DA Interception TD to T. Suggs

Summary, 2 yds gained, 0:42 off the clock

Starting at 2:43 left in 4th qtr

DA pass complete to S. Steptoe for 12 yds, First Down

DA rush for 6 yds

DA incomplete to S. Steptoe

DA incomplete to J. Harrison

Summary, 18 yds gained, 0:39 off the clock

I don't think the Defense played 'great' or anything, but when they weren't being asked to go back on the field every 1-2 minutes, they were doing pretty well stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. But in a tight game in crunch time, this playcalling and execution by the offense was simply disgusting. DA was having a good game up until that point, and then he just fell apart. Braylon dropped a few balls, but so many of DAs passes were just horribly off target. That pass where Winslow was called for the Off. Pass Int. . . the Defender was in front of Winslow, DA had NO business throwing the ball there. We're lucky that wasn't an interception, Winslow did a good job of preventing that.

And just look at it. . . of course Jamal Lewis was going to be running on first and probably second downs. I knew exactly what to look for, and I was in the band through school. Of course the D-Coordinators and players for the Ravens knew what was coming.

In the first half I turned to the guy next to me and said "The Offense needs to put together some longer drives, or the Defense is going to be worn out by the second half. . . man, it's like I was carrying my own crystal ball.

What the heck happened to the offense? That was sick.

So. . . I knew we were going to lose after the 5th consecutive 3-and-out in the late 3rd to 4th quarters.

Ugh.

I agree with Riffer. Our prevent defense does absolutely nothing because your giving the QB 5-6 seconds every time to find a separated receiver... and with that much time it doesn't matter if there's 8, 9, or 10 guys back. What happened with the disguised blitzes we saw during the Giants game? I feel like were watching a pathetic Carthon/Grantham defense when we run away from the QB on 3rd and longs. Once again, pathetic.

This looks like a good place for my post. So frustrating. . . I decided to check out the play by play. In the third quarter, the Browns extended the lead to 2 TDs. The very next drive Baltimore drove it down the field and scored bringing it to 27-20, a long a tiring drive for the Defense, they needed a rest. So here is what they got for the rest of the game out of the offense:

Starting at 1:10 left in the 3rd Qtr:

J. Lewis rush for 4 yards.

DA to Steptoe for for 3 yards

DA incomplete to Edwards

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 7 Yds gained, 1:07 off the clock

Starting at 13:57 in the 4th Qtr:

J. Lewis rush for 0 yds

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

DA incomplete to Edwards

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 3 Yds gained, 1:44 off the clock

Stating at 9:57 left in 4th qtr

DA pass to K. Winslow, Penalty nullifies play

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

J. Lewis rush for 3 yds

DA complete to Winslow for 6 yds

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 2 net yds gained, 2:27 off the clock

Starting at 5:36 left in 4th qtr

J. Wright rush for 2 yds

DA incomplete to Edwards

Zastudil Punt

Summary: 2 yds gained, 1:06 off the clock

Starting at 3:25 left in 4th qtr

DA rush for 2 yds

DA Interception TD to T. Suggs

Summary, 2 yds gained, 0:42 off the clock

Starting at 2:43 left in 4th qtr

DA pass complete to S. Steptoe for 12 yds, First Down

DA rush for 6 yds

DA incomplete to S. Steptoe

DA incomplete to J. Harrison

Summary, 18 yds gained, 0:39 off the clock

I don't think the Defense played 'great' or anything, but when they weren't being asked to go back on the field every 1-2 minutes, they were doing pretty well stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. But in a tight game in crunch time, this playcalling and execution by the offense was simply disgusting. DA was having a good game up until that point, and then he just fell apart. Braylon dropped a few balls, but so many of DAs passes were just horribly off target. That pass where Winslow was called for the Off. Pass Int. . . the Defender was in front of Winslow, DA had NO business throwing the ball there. We're lucky that wasn't an interception, Winslow did a good job of preventing that.

And just look at it. . . of course Jamal Lewis was going to be running on first and probably second downs. I knew exactly what to look for, and I was in the band through school. Of course the D-Coordinators and players for the Ravens knew what was coming.

In the first half I turned to the guy next to me and said "The Offense needs to put together some longer drives, or the Defense is going to be worn out by the second half. . . man, it's like I was carrying my own crystal ball.

What the heck happened to the offense? That was sick.

So. . . I knew we were going to lose after the 5th consecutive 3-and-out in the late 3rd to 4th quarters.

Ugh.

and we are supposed to assume that all of these were in and out of hands. hmm, BE dropped the Big One!!! but the second one on the comeback route wasn't even a catchable pass.

well Cant give all the Blame on Offense, What about Old Old Old Old Old Old Man Willie, there is no way he can catch anyone under age 30 anymore even if they were 300 lbs.Rice ate his lunch all day. Im suprised that Baltimore didn't exploit him anymore than they did.

.... we didnt trade DA when we had a chance . Anyone who says that they didnt know DA sucked this bad, wasnt watching him second half of last season. He sucked then , and he sucks now, he plays just well enough to keep his job, which in Crennels locker room isnt that hard. Ship them both, you cant save the season, so save some face.

Archived