THE BROWNS BOARD

"Contrarian" doesn't necessarily equal "smart."

Guest mz.

Oftentimes, when the masses speak up, they have no idea what they're talking about. I, like Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross, "often subscribe the the Law of Contrary Opinion. If everyone thinks one thing, then I say, bet the other way." Usually works for me.

This time, anyway, the masses are correct, however, and the few contrarians who believe otherwise are either a) in love with the player or B) wanting to stir shit up for some reason. It starts at the top, as in everything else in life. Our coach sucks, granted. He won't be around long. But beyond that, the next "guy in line", the QB, isn't helping his cause, either. He is obviously inspiring confidence in NOBODY, and it trickles down.

Derek Anderson is not a leader. Derek Anderson is not an accurate passer. Derek Anderson is not getting any better. In fact, you could argue Derek Anderson is regressing. Derek Anderson is not, by any means or measure, a reliable NFL starting quarterback. Derek Anderson sure as shit will not lead you to the playoffs.

Derek Anderson WILL NOT be the quarterback of the Cleveland Browns next season.

I totally agree that Anderson is not a leader. He falls apart under pressure. He was acting strange on the sidelines, arguing with other players, I think the center? He was let go by Baltimore, and now (again this season) we know why. He sucks. He is a mediocre QB, not a Professional QB by any means. He should return to Oregon immediately. He can sell autographs or whatever they do in Oregon.

This board has turned into absolutely nothing but a bunch of people who don't even care about the Browns and simply have their own personal platforms for which they will never admit being wrong. People don't even care if the Browns win, they're more concerned with how to deflect blame from their favorite player. Disgusting. It's something a girl or a fake fan would do. (No offense to the girls of this board.)

mz the pussy hit the nail right on the head with his post. As far as saying I don't care...go fuck yourself. The reason I am on these boards and watching the game every week is because I do care. I'm just tired of seeing how far they are going to ride this one trick pony. There are other issues on this team, but the one that jumps out every week is DA. I've always been a browns fan and will continue to be one, so don't pull the "I'm not a fan" bullshit just because I don't see things your way. I'm looking at ways to at least try and improve this team...I guess you're ready to keep ridin' that pony~

If you read my post with any amount of intelligence, you'd understand you were the exception to what I was saying. You'd understand that I was saying there aren't enough objective fans like you on this board. But apparently you aren't a genius. The truth is this...

DA crumbles in crunch time and can't handle pressure.

Braylon can't catch a cold

Our play-calling is shit

Crennel is a bad coach

Etc, Etc, Etc.

No one is exempt. And unfortunately, there are only two changes that can have an effect on a team to fix this many problems. 1. Head Coach 2. Quarterback.

If people would stop worrying about about being "wrong" on a certain debate (i.e. DA), we would actually be able to have intelligent discussions instead of fighting eachother all day long.

Oftentimes, when the masses speak up, they have no idea what they're talking about. I, like Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross, "often subscribe the the Law of Contrary Opinion. If everyone thinks one thing, then I say, bet the other way." Usually works for me.

This time, anyway, the masses are correct, however, and the few contrarians who believe otherwise are either a) in love with the player or B) wanting to stir shit up for some reason. It starts at the top, as in everything else in life. Our coach sucks, granted. He won't be around long. But beyond that, the next "guy in line", the QB, isn't helping his cause, either. He is obviously inspiring confidence in NOBODY, and it trickles down.

Derek Anderson is not a leader. Derek Anderson is not an accurate passer. Derek Anderson is not getting any better. In fact, you could argue Derek Anderson is regressing. Derek Anderson is not, by any means or measure, a reliable NFL starting quarterback. Derek Anderson sure as shit will not lead you to the playoffs.

Is there a clapping icon around here?

Pretend it's right here -

Terrific post.

Same goes for DTBH's posts.

Beanpot

DTBH you have no intelligence. Your the most stupid ass I have ever seen on here. How in the hell did you become a mod on the CAVs site? Suck some ======? Get the FOOH dumbass!

I have no intelligence? Coming from you? Wow. I have no reply to that. Jeffro.

DA crumbles in crunch time and can't handle pressure.

Braylon can't catch a cold

Our play-calling is shit

Crennel is a bad coach

Etc, Etc, Etc.

and our defense is too porous. Davis absolutely sucks at LB.

Absolutely, the statement is made that the current QB cannot lead us to the playoffs (and i won't argue with that) but i will add that no matter the QB this defense cannot get this team to the playoffs.

Duly noted....let me write it down in my notebook. "mz the pussy, for all his fake non-bias, is a gigantic BQ fag", got it. Have fun following BQ and the Chiefs next year mz the pussy.

Absolutely, the statement is made that the current QB cannot lead us to the playoffs (and i won't argue with that) but i will add that no matter the QB this defense cannot get this team to the playoffs.

Sure, maybe, fine. Granted, this D won't remind anyone of the '85 Bears.

But what does the D have to do with the QB? Shouldn't we attempt to improve in areas which are improvable? Saying this team won't go to the playoffs, even with a shit QB, because the D stinks is not a reason to not make a QB change.

Duly noted....let me write it down in my notebook. "mz the pussy, for all his fake non-bias, is a gigantic BQ fag", got it. Have fun following BQ and the Chiefs next year mz the pussy.

Im afraid you will be the one forced to get a costum made jersey next season....(they dont make jerseys for backup QB's)

Guest Aloysius

I totally agree that Anderson is not a leader. He falls apart under pressure.
Wow. mz the pussy and DH agree on something.

Scary.

Ok, now you've officially lost it. You're not even cute anymore, just plain ass batshit crazy.

Sure, maybe, fine. Granted, this D won't remind anyone of the '85 Bears.

But what does the D have to do with the QB? Shouldn't we attempt to improve in areas which are improvable? Saying this team won't go to the playoffs, even with a shit QB, because the D stinks is not a reason to not make a QB change.

Never said that the Browns shouldn't change QBs. But what does the QB have to do with a shit defense. I mean saying the team won't go to the playoffs even with shit defense because the QB stinks is not a reason to not improve the defense.

I totally agree that Anderson is not a leader. He falls apart under pressure.
Wow. mz the pussy and DH agree on something.

Scary.

Alo, I now know that you are a genius.

I've been a Browns fan for 23 years, since I was in Fifth grade. You've been following them since, well, Charlie Frye got traded to Seattle. Yet you humorously think I'm, or some of these other lifelong fans are, going somewhere. Fair-weather fans, and dudes who follow one specific player, like you come and go, friend. Me, and the rest of us here who give you shit on a daily basis, are here for the long haul. We will not miss you when the wind blows you in another direction.

Never said that the Browns shouldn't change QBs. But what does the QB have to do with a shit defense. I mean saying the team won't go to the playoffs even with shit defense because the QB stinks is not a reason to not improve the defense.

We're going in circles here. See?

I will, however, maintain the QB is a bigger problem than the D.

We're going in circles here. See?

I will, however, maintain the QB is a bigger problem than the D.

Kinda my point.........DA bashing is deserved most of the time but not today. I think sometimes people are so blinded by their hatred for DA that they can't see the other problems on this team.

Archived