THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson is one of the best players on this team

Guest ATENEARS

Whats your standards for a Running back?

What about a defense?

What about your #1 WR's drop ratio ... do you have any standards there?

But who here today is touting our #1 WR or say that JLewis is one of the best players on the team today or that the Defense is that stellar today?

DA has been inconsistant at times, but he's not be completely at fault.

Of course it isn't all his fault.

But the fact remains that he hasn't had a great game since last year and I for one am tired of winning (as few and far between as those things have been) in spite of our quarterback. I feel I'm not alone here.

You're right.

The Browns looked good when they went up 14 points. If that would have held, we would be talking about the other weaknesses of the team. It seems the play calling and everything else went down the toilet after the Browns got comfortable with their lead.

Go ahead and find me all the running backs in the NFL that have had good days on the Ravens this year. It's tough sledding against them.

No one on here is saying Braylon is good. Nor the defense, today. So there isn't an argument. Because there is no assinine jackass saying they are good LIKE THERE IS people saying DA is good.

quinn sucked in big games in college.

Did he really? I hate ND, but do some research before talking out your ass... here is the Game by Game Log for Quinn in 2006..... he had one BAD game - vs Michigan. Period. A 58.9 rating, of which HOW MANY TIMES has Anderson even eclipsed that the last 15 games???

Passing

DATE OPP CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT RAT

9/2 Georgia Tech 23 38 246 60.5 6.47 44 0 0 79.5

9/9 Penn State 25 36 287 69.4 7.97 32 3 0 120.9

9/16 Michigan 24 48 234 50.0 4.88 33 3 3 58.9

9/23 @Michigan State 20 36 319 55.6 8.86 62 5 1 113.3

9/30 Purdue 29 38 316 76.3 8.32 25 2 0 117.9

10/7 Stanford 27 37 232 73.0 6.27 25 3 0 116.0

10/21 UCLA 27 45 304 60.0 6.76 45 2 0 95.0 14

10/28 @Navy 18 25 295 72.0 11.80 36 3 0 150.8

11/4 North Carolina 23 35 346 65.7 9.89 46 4 0 136.1

11/11 @Air Force 14 19 207 73.7 10.90 51 4 0 148.5

11/18 Army 22 30 218 73.3 7.27 24 3 1 112.9

11/25 @USC 22 45 274 48.9 6.09 42 3 0 90.4

r the buckeyes on there and any good preseason wins this year?

He didn't even play with the complete starting O one time in the pre season!

No one but looked good against the buckeyes back then!

And that argument is worn out!

Troy smith looked good against Notre dame and how is his career in the nfl!

Oh yeah.. What about Vince Young... He won the big game .. how is his career going!

Is that not enough.. what about Ken Dorsey, Matt Lineart, Kraig Krenzel, or Chris Leak? How are those guys doing

you dont have to win big in college to win big in the NFL!

I've been a big supporter of DA the entire season, but I've had it. I love DAs downfield playing style, you come on. Complete some damn passes. And you can blame BE all you want. Yeah Braylon has had more then his fair share of drops, and I'm not completely sure whats wrong with him this season because i thought he played phenominal last year. But look at Braylons TD.... if Braylon didn't wrestle for that ball in the end zone its a pick because DA threw a pretty awful looking ball. DA needs to stop locking onto his target, start stepping up into a pocket thats collapsing from the rear, instead of walking into it then running like a three legged cat, and he needs to get some control over his offense. His leadership has been poor this year, the players are sick of him, and I'm sick of him.

Yeah the defense let some plays go, but after a bunch of three and outs, they need a break. DA cannot find open recievers, he gets the ball swatted at the LOS, and has little accuracy. His deep balls seem to be accurate, but maybe its just they have so much hangtime the recievers are able to run under them to make them look more accurate then they originally were meant to be.

Lets play BQ against Denver. We aren't going to the playoffs, lets just start building for tomorrow.

Get rid of DA, get rid of Winslow, get rid of Wimbley, and what the hell is Shaffer even doing stepping on the field? Let him go and be the LT he wants to be on another team, I'm tired of seeing him get beat off the edge play after play.

His deep balls seem to be accurate, but maybe its just they have so much hangtime the recievers are able to run under them to make them look more accurate then they originally were meant to be.

No, it didn't hang so long that BE "ran under it". It was simply an outstanding deep ball. If it were caught the Browns would have won.

DA would have about 50 TDs this year if he'd throw to someone who he's not locking onto from the snap through the throw. Dude NEVER checks down until its way too late. I'm so sick of him. It's like watching Charlie Frye and Kelly Holcomb rolled into one with a strong arm and no brain. Season's over, let's see what we have in Quinn.

I don't think Atenears is suggesting that Anderson has played well since the middle of 2007... or that he's any idea of the long-term answer at the most important position on the field.

I think he's saying that he isn't the only problem and when Quinn takes over, we still have other things to fix.

But no, Anderson isn't inspiring any confidence that he can ever be a consistently good NFL starting quarterback. He's providing pretty convincing evidence to the contrary.

Its easy to blame DA for everything but the fact that he is still on the field as a starting qb shows just how deep the problems of this team go..

Atenears points out only a few people showed up to play today and i think DA just looks finished unconfident in himself and that rubs off on the other players they dont seem to respect him now you can see it in their expressions thats even with the team being asked to quit shrugging and nodding their heads..

Why are so many guys like k2 and BE Heiden and even lewis talking to bq on the sidelines on a regular basis now instead of DA and seem to have more respect?

Why does bq look like he is going to barf or leave town if he doesnt get to play soon?

He looks itchy like he knows he will be starting soon but soon isnt soon enough for him..

Rogers is awesome our linebackers are mediocre at best EW is looking good bmac learned some hard lessons today and adams still doesnt have a true ball hawks nose but rather wonders around hopeing hes at the right place at the right time.

We cant take rogers out for a 2 play rest without our whole defense falling apart..

Our offensive capabilities have been reduced by chud to try to boost DAs rating and reduce his number of interceptions but the whole offense doesnt look happy about the playcalling this team and organization has to many problems to explain in a 4 hour interview and thats just the beginning...

We are now pretty much out of the race barring a few miracles and expect to see several levels of change soon after the denver game which i wouldnt be suprised if we lose if the playcalling doesnt kill us then DA and or BE will....

Guest Masters
His deep balls seem to be accurate, but maybe its just they have so much hangtime the recievers are able to run under them to make them look more accurate then they originally were meant to be.

No, it didn't hang so long that BE "ran under it". It was simply an outstanding deep ball. If it were caught the Browns would have won.

Learn to read instead of defending one of the lowest rated QBs in the league. He said nothing about why BE dropped that pass today. His point, which is valid and true, is that on the deep ball you don't have to be that accurate. Deep balls allow time for receivers to adjust to it.

The OLB's played well today, surprisingly.

Shaun Rogers is the best player on the team.

Our safeties were non-exsistience.

Did Jamal Lewis suit up for the wrong team today?

Does Braylon Edwards get high before the game?

Are Browns fans really, really dumb to think our problems start and end with the QB play?

Atenears is right, psychotic but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons. But that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And DA is just the guy to do it.

The OLB's played well today, surprisingly.

Shaun Rogers is the best player on the team.

Our safeties were non-exsistience.

Did Jamal Lewis suit up for the wrong team today?

Does Braylon Edwards get high before the game?

Are Browns fans really, really dumb to think our problems start and end with the QB play?

Heres the problem: the Browns live and die by the streakiness of DA. If he's cold and can't get it done put a cork in the whole team. I'd rather have a QB that can manage a game correctly (like Kerry Collins) day in and day out instead of one that has a 3TD game one week and makes crucial mistakes the other. Example being that "screen pass" to Terelle Suggs. Consistency, time management, leadership, intangibles. Not qualities DA possess.

The problems do not start with the QB but they do most definitely END with him.

As in, our hopes end with DA in the lineup, week after week.

Seriously though, Ate, think for a MINUTE how different our season is if DA doesn't throw the pick-6 in the first Ravens game and instead drives us down for some points. Or how different this game is if DA can even get us to tie it. Not to mention Cincy II last year. The list goes on.

We have tons of problems but when your QB is one of them, that's the biggest problem, by definition.

Maybe we can make a DB out of Edwards to cover the tall DB's...isn't that where DB's come from anyways (WR's that can't catch)?

As far as RB's go, nobody runs on the Ratbirds.

Braylon couldn't even do that right. he is from Michigan. Thank You Phillip for another wasted pick.

and BE you deserve the BOOS!

It was a beautiful ball, one of about 3 for the day. His best pass of the game was actually the tight line to the TE... perfection. Suggesting that a single drop lost the game reeks of desperation though. I think most reasonable people would agree that a pick 6 is more significant than butter fingers doing what he does.

Overall the team sucks, which is too bad considering they've got some talent here. Maybe under a different HC things will be different.

Stan is just trolling now, what a joke

it is sad and lame. I'd rather deal w/ real trolls like jacksplat

I think Stan just hates all the focus on the QB position. He's always been one of those "build a good team and it doesn't matter who the driver is" kinda guys.

I can relate to that. Maybe DA wouldn't be costing us so much if we were better in other areas. The other weaknesses on the team kind of get set on the backburner amidst all the Brady vs. DA talk.

Make no mistake. If Brady starts from here on out starting Thursday, there are still a multitude of problems on this team. Braylons hands, injuries, Stallworthless, no Linebackers, starting RB in the twilight, crispy DE's, no real Safety. I could go on but you get the picture.

We have more than that one hole to fill.

Doug

DA is just awful and by no way a starting qb.

He's either 'hot' or 'not' (mostly NOT).

You NEED consistent play out of the most important position on the field, and we're not getting it out of DA.

I'm sick of everyone blowing the kid every great once in a while where he lights it up. If I only performed good at my job once every few weeks my ass would be canned in a heartbeat.

My god even when DA isn't totally screwing the pooch I get left with a sick feeling in my gut watching him lock on to his receivers or opting to throw into traffic than throw it away.

I get sick of being told I'm not a 'real fan' because I'm 32, have cheered my team on every season regardless, but say I'm sick of watching a bunch of perennial losers.

I can only vote with my wallet, so from here on out, no more tickets, no more merchandise. I'm not buying squat until the team pulls it together and lifts themselves out of this crap.

I've said it before, we're CUSTOMERS, we purchase a service (in this case, entertainment). If you went to a restaurant and someone served you shit on a plate and charged you $100 for it, would you keep going there? We keep going to games, we keep buying merchandise, we keep eating shit, and if we DON'T then we're not 'real fans'.

I'm not buying into the bs anymore, I'm done with the Browns until they pull it together, I just can't take anymore disappointment in my life because life sucks enough already.

I know that qb isn't the ONLY problem, but it IS a problem, and anyone that thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.

Archived