THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson is one of the best players on this team

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

The OLB's played well today, surprisingly.

Shaun Rogers is the best player on the team.

Our safeties were non-exsistience.

Did Jamal Lewis suit up for the wrong team today?

Does Braylon Edwards get high before the game?

Are Browns fans really, really dumb to think our problems start and end with the QB play?

The OLB's played well today, surprisingly.

Shaun Rogers is the best player on the team.

Our safeties were non-exsistience.

Did Jamal Lewis suit up for the wrong team today?

Does Braylon Edwards get high before the game?

Are Browns fans really, really dumb to think our problems start and end with the QB play?

Go back to oregon state with lum. Worst post ever.

Hmm.... well gee, I dont know, let's ask Terrell Suggs if the problem ENDED with the QB play, shall we???

But hey, I always thought that anything less than a 60 percent completion rate in the NFL was pretty lousy. But then again, I could be just dumb, and I think that 17 for 33 is just a tad over FIFTY percent, right? Just about the season average, eh?

Whats your standards for a Running back?

What about a defense?

What about your #1 WR's drop ratio ... do you have any standards there?

Who threw the ball? Not the D or JL. Yes they all played bad but that throw just throw it at the feet of suggs. Not that hard.

Whats your standards for a Running back?

What about a defense?

Who threw the ball? Not the D or JL. Yes they all played bad but that throw just throw it at the feet of suggs. Not that hard.

If the D could get some rest... They might play better! Proof of this is during the Giants game! When DA play good and the O spent alot of time on the field... the Dfence was phenominal!

If the oposing team would respect DA as a QB we might be able to run!

Do you thnk teams are really worried about Anderception! No!

You have to have a passing game to complement the run and vice versa!

DA cant preform under any bit of Preasure!

I agree with Stan on Edwards...he sucks too! I would rather have Antonio Bryant back (the cancer that he is). Maybe we can make a DB out of Edwards to cover the tall DB's...isn't that where DB's come from anyways (WR's that can't catch)?

As far as RB's go, nobody runs on the Ratbirds.

"Other than the spirt in the 3rd quarter, the offense struggled all day"

and

"Joe Flacco has clearly outplayed Derek Anderson today"

-Jim Donovan on WTAM toward the end of today's game

Flacco's QB rating was something like 107. Joe flickin' Flacco.

This was NOT all on DA today at all, but he just is not a crunch time QB. He's good for the occasional blowout, is somewhat servicable most games, and just terrible others. But in crunch time, he just doesn't have it.

First time poster, loooooong time fan...

DA has sucked ever since his meltdown in the arizona game last season - which really cost us the play-offs.

What have some members got against BQ? - true he lost three bowl games, but ND was ridiculously overrated going into all three. I know, I am a gold domer myself and bet against them in all three.

At least he won enough to get them into the bowl games...

First time poster, loooooong time fan...

DA has sucked ever since his meltdown in the arizona game last season - which really cost us the play-offs.

What have some members got against BQ? - true he lost three bowl games, but ND was ridiculously overrated going into all three. I know, I am a gold domer myself and bet against them in all three.

At least he won enough to get them into the bowl games...

And there MoonDog is the million dollar question. There have even been blogs wondering if BQ is really horrible in practice. A starter with this level of performance should open the door for ANY second string QB, especially a first round draft pick. Even though his QB rating was improved, a dynamic coach would have the insight to look for a spark. RAC does not have this quality.

and

This was NOT all on DA today at all, but he just is not a crunch time QB. He's good for the occasional blowout, is somewhat servicable most games, and just terrible others. But in crunch time, he just doesn't have it.

OK shouldn't the D shoulder the blame for Flacco's good play? Or is he so great that no D can stop him? And in crunch time Flacco handed the ball off for a 60 yard gain to set up the go ahead field goal.

and

OK shouldn't the D shoulder the blame for Flacco's good play? Or is he so great that no D can stop him? And in crunch time Flacco handed the ball off for a 60 yard gain to set up the go ahead field goal.

your right!!! just because they where on the fucking field for the entire half because DA had like 6 3 and outs doesn't give them an excuse for giving up yards!

OK well then leave the offence alone and what do you fix on the defence that would help us stop throwing interceptions and under thrown balls!

Offense doesn't need to be "left alone" the running game needs to be improved.......DA is not the future.....that is not my argument.

Leave the defense alone.......what do you fix on offense that keeps us from giving up 14 point lead and 154 yards on the ground..........a 60 yard run in crunch time and a 50 yard TD pass?

I don't think Atenears is suggesting that Anderson has played well since the middle of 2007... or that he's any idea of the long-term answer at the most important position on the field.

I think he's saying that he isn't the only problem and when Quinn takes over, we still have other things to fix.

But no, Anderson isn't inspiring any confidence that he can ever be a consistently good NFL starting quarterback. He's providing pretty convincing evidence to the contrary.

HAHA ... so what if we cant fix all the problems! we CAN fix the QB problems right!

I'm with ATENEARS on this one.

DA has been inconsistant at times, but he's not be completely at fault.

The Suggs interception was just a bad break. It was fourth down, DA had someone in his face, and he had to let it go.

The O-Line, running game, awful coaching calls, and poor WR play have been the undoing of this team.

DA has been inconsistant at times, but he's not be completely at fault.

Of course it isn't all his fault.

But the fact remains that he hasn't had a great game since last year and I for one am tired of winning (as few and far between as those things have been) in spite of our quarterback. I feel I'm not alone here.

and

Dude does not have it....period

WOW I cannot stand DA or RAC....losers complete losers

and

Dude does not have it....period

WOW I cannot stand DA or RAC....losers complete losers

Born Loosers... and no... DA does not have it! We have seen plenty of him, now we have determined that he is not good enough... so lets se if Brady is our future! plain and simple!

Archived