THE BROWNS BOARD

Warner headed to San Fran

i don't think they're comfortable with leinart, though the only way to find out what they've got in the kid is to let him play, which, if i'm involved with the cards, i'm more than inclined to do at this point.

This really surprises me. He's been in the league for years. I'm sure he has a bundle of cash. For a couple million more he wants to go to a San Fran team that is rebuilding and a team that gave up 55 sacks last year?! He'll be lucky to make it out of there alive.

Why not finish what you started in Arizona for a mere 10 million? At least you'd have your health Kurt!

Jesus wants him to help the less fortunate.

Well, there is a Jesus angle ... Singletary is born-again.

Sumarai Mike probably really wants an established vet at the controls too.

In a weak division, Warner going from the Cards to the 49ers could swing the balance of power.

I think it's a good move for Niners.

Zombo

If SF struggles on offense people will wonder "Was Warner really that good?" People have short term memories and remember your last years which is why Jim Brown left when he did. Watching lawrence taylor trying to catch up to a QB in his last season is an example.

I would have taken the path to stay with a team that I had been to the superbowl with. They must not have been that interested in keeping him

Other than Lum who is upset? I have seen alot of people say you don't need to trade DA but nobody but Lum says that you can not move on to BQ. I have seen it said that if DA stays that it should be an open competition for the Qb spot, but I don't see what issue you would have with that. You want the best one starting and if that is BQ he will start.

I guess I don't see your point really since not many say you can't move on. Most say move on and see what you got. Most also say get fair value for DA, which looks to be a third round pick with maybe a 5th added. Stock pile the draft picks and build from personnel evaluation.

Other than Lum who is upset? I have seen alot of people say you don't need to trade DA but nobody but Lum says that you can not move on to BQ. I have seen it said that if DA stays that it should be an open competition for the Qb spot, but I don't see what issue you would have with that. You want the best one starting and if that is BQ he will start.

I guess I don't see your point really since not many say you can't move on. Most say move on and see what you got. Most also say get fair value for DA, which looks to be a third round pick with maybe a 5th added. Stock pile the draft picks and build from personnel evaluation.

Agree. Great majority say move on, but we've had a zillion threads still debating the QB situation, competition vs naming a starter, etc. There's more than just Lum defending DA. It's not everyone vs him.

But, I didn't mean to turn this into a Browns QB thread. My fault.

Don't count Warner in San Fran until he signs the contract. IMO, he's calling the Cards bluff.

Ariz underpaid him for 2 years and now they are still trying to lowball him. They only want to guarantee 1 year of the contract at $10 million and no guarantee or buyout for next year. They deserve to lose him.

if the cards get warner they may trade up in the draft to someone with top 5 talent. there number 1 concern is qb and if they get warner they don't have to worry about that position for two years. singletary may want another ilb and trade to 2 for curry. if they don't get curry, maybe they trade to the browns for 5th and then the browns get their 10th overall and another pick. it probably won't happen, but it's possible.

Archived