THE BROWNS BOARD

t.j. to seatlle

why cant we win

Crabtree available at #5??

Cool.

Please no! A 6'1" guy that is not very fast and has a stress fracture as the #5 pick.

I still think it helped that he played in a conference where no one played defense. Not one Big 12 team was in the top 50 defenses in yards per game allowed. Not one in the top 50! That is just sad.

Please no! A 6'1" guy that is not very fast and has a stress fracture as the #5 pick.

I still think it helped that he played in a conference where no one played defense. Not one Big 12 team was in the top 50 defenses in yards per game allowed. Not one in the top 50! That is just sad.

damm do I here sanity rising above moronity??????????????

I really want to trade that pick, IF we can find a buyer. I don't want Crabtree either. Foot injuries do NOT heal quickly, & as stated before, we weren't talking burner speed BEFORE the injury.

Mike

Again, since Aaron Curry won't be available and since we aren't going to be able to trade out of the 5th pick, who would you naysayers prefer over Crabtree?

Again, since Aaron Curry won't be available and since we aren't going to be able to trade out of the 5th pick, who would you naysayers prefer over Crabtree?

You build a team from the inside out not the outside in. I would take the top player at any other position except TE before i ever took a WR in the top 5.

Philly and Minn could both be willing to trade up. Crabtree's value hasn't dropped. He played with the fracture all year and was the best receiver in college football. It's so obscure he didn't even know he had it. Both Crabtree and Maclin will be gone before Philly or Minn pick so they may very well be interested in trading up. Know that Hous is gone Philly has two first round picks and they need to get McNabb some playmakers around him or he isn't signing a contract extention.

Also other trade possibilities out there. If Warner goes back to Ariz. San Fran wants Sanchez and will trade up from #10 to make sure they get him. Chicago also wants a QB and could very likely be interested in moving up ahead of San Fran.

There are also 2 premier LTs available that many teams covet.

So, what make you think we can't trade out of the pick if we want to. It comes down to the asking price and how far you are willing to trade down.

I agree with you, YTown, but trading down is NEVER easy, even if the trade makes a ton of sense for the team trading up. Especially when you figure what it takes to get into the top 5.

Guest Aloysius
There are also 2 premier LTs available that many teams covet

There may be only one, if the knee issue doctors flagged during Monroe's med eval at the combine proves to be serious.

I agree with you, YTown, but trading down is NEVER easy, even if the trade makes a ton of sense for the team trading up. Especially when you figure what it takes to get into the top 5.

Most times the deals never come off because those with the high picks want too much. You can't ask Philly for both #1s to move up. If you want to move out of the position you take their top #1 and their 2nd. They still got two firsts and a 3rd and we get a mid round #1 and another 2nd rounder.

If San Fran wants to trade up from #10 then you take their #10 and a 3rd. It all depends on how bad you want to move out of the position. Personally, I think their is as much value at # 16 or #18 as their is at #5 and it's a lot cheaper. This is a strong draft from #30 to #80 so I'd love to stock up on 2nd round picks.

Philly and Minn could both be willing to trade up. Crabtree's value hasn't dropped. He played with the fracture all year

This is not true.

The doctors who performed the bone scan at the combines said it was a very recent injury. Probably came from training for the combines as recently as a week or two before.

When he has surgery, a screw will be inserted into his foot and he'll be out for at least 8 to 10 weeks.

This is not true.

The doctors who performed the bone scan at the combines said it was a very recent injury. Probably came from training for the combines as recently as a week or two before.

When he has surgery, a screw will be inserted into his foot and he'll be out for at least 8 to 10 weeks.

Initially he said the doctors told him he could have been playing on it all year. He said he didn't even know he had it and it never bothered him.

So, someone is spinning a story to keep their value up or we are getting media spin. Both Kiper and McShay said the other day that he hasn't lost any value. Now, I know things change fast, but this isn't a ACL or a Lumbar Disc rupture, it's a small fracture of a bone in the foot they said shouldn't be an issue in 8 weeks. I'm no doctor. I'm just listening to all the reports like everyone else and appreciate that the media has to have something to write or report about.

Initially he said the doctors told him he could have been playing on it all year. He said he didn't even know he had it and it never bothered him.

So, someone is spinning a story to keep their value up or we are getting media spin. Both Kiper and McShay said the other day that he hasn't lost any value. Now, I know things change fast, but this isn't a ACL or a Lumbar Disc rupture, it's a small fracture of a bone in the foot they said shouldn't be an issue in 8 weeks. I'm no doctor. I'm just listening to all the reports like everyone else and appreciate that the media has to have something to write or report about.

He must've misunderstood the doctors. Depending on the location of the Fracture, if he had been playing on it all year it probably would've become painful and/or he would've aggravated it. This may have caused them to take him out of action right then to rest and possibly take him out to perform the surgery.

I tried to find the location of the fracture right after it was reported and could never find what Metatarsal bone is fractured.

Best defensive player on the board. Even if Crabtree is available.

+1... Add in the fact this guys is a mere possession receiver who hardly averages 10 YPC.

TJ is good... He's going back to the probowl this year.

Archived