THE BROWNS BOARD

AIG to get more money?

I don't want to hear any bipartisan crap about who did this or who did that. $85 billion was given to them September of 08. $30 more billion this month. Just an honest solution.

Who is overseeing this money? At what point do we need to cut these companies off?

It seems AIG is holding the US hostage.

I don't want to hear any bipartisan crap about who did this or who did that.

Odd. You wanted nothing more a week ago.

$85 billion was given to them September of 08. $30 more billion this month. Just an honest solution.

Hoinest solution?

There is none and will be none. Some problems have no good solution and many of those can and will be worsened by the "solutions" made in haste.

Who is overseeing this money?

Either nobody or incompetent idiots of the Frank/Dodd team.

At what point do we need to cut these companies off?

Last year.

It seems AIG is holding the US hostage.

Uh.....Yep.

WSS

You wanted nothing more a week ago? Been ripping on both "parties" for acting like 12 year olds in a gang.

Of course they do.

But if someone bitches for years about policy X then defends his guy doubling down on that policy by saying "well you did it too" is, well, of little use.

Yes it was a mixed bag when Bush opened up the bailout chute.

Even republicans thought it smelled but bought into the cunard that "we just HAD to do something."

Since then that decision has looked worse and worse.

Fine.

But neither Bush nor his supporters have any say whatsoever now.

And all of a sudden it's "hey lets not be partisan."

For me I think Bush (and McCain) was too liberal and pandered to Dems in the false hope they'd like him better.

Tht doesn't work.

For me I thought the first bailout stunk but held my nose since Shumer AND Gingrich agreed it was needed.

Now I'm not so sure but after the disappointment over the last one's results I'm a lot more negative toward making it ten times worse.

Fair enough?

WSS

Of course they do.

But if someone bitches for years about policy X then defends his guy doubling down on that policy by saying "well you did it too" is, well, of little use.

Yes it was a mixed bag when Bush opened up the bailout chute.

Even republicans thought it smelled but bought into the cunard that "we just HAD to do something."

Since then that decision has looked worse and worse.

Fine.

But neither Bush nor his supporters have any say whatsoever now.

And all of a sudden it's "hey lets not be partisan."

For me I think Bush (and McCain) was too liberal and pandered to Dems in the false hope they'd like him better.

Tht doesn't work.

For me I thought the first bailout stunk but held my nose since Shumer AND Gingrich agreed it was needed.

Now I'm not so sure but after the disappointment over the last one's results I'm a lot more negative toward making it ten times worse.

Fair enough?

WSS

LOL.

Who is overseeing this money? At what point do we need to cut these companies off?

LOL.

yesterday...they should have been cut off yesterday.

AIG posted its largest quarterly loss ever...at 62 bil.

LOL.

I answered that a few posts ago laughing boy.

Who is overseeing this money?

Either nobody or incompetent idiots of the Frank/Dodd team.

At what point do we need to cut these companies off?

Last year.

WSS

I don't want to hear any bipartisan crap about who did this or who did that. $85 billion was given to them September of 08. $30 more billion this month. Just an honest solution.

Who is overseeing this money? At what point do we need to cut these companies off? It seems AIG is holding the US hostage.

While I find this highly unlikely because this story would be way to big to keep under cover, I've heard a rumor that AIG insures the government's pension plan.

Probably an unfounded rumor by an ill-informed individual. However, why isn't somebody 'following the money' on this. Maybe they are.

There are other Insurers in peril and I happen to work for one.

While I find this highly unlikely because this story would be way to big to keep under cover, I've heard a rumor that AIG insures the government's pension plan.

Probably an unfounded rumor by an ill-informed individual. However, why isn't somebody 'following the money' on this. Maybe they are.

That is interesting John, If this is the case then we shouldn't be to suprised that the Government workers would want to protect themselves, at the cost of millions of taxpayers.

Politicians clearly feel our pain. :lol:

Wonder if there is a link?

Archived