THE BROWNS BOARD

as it stands

Solon16

Guest Aloysius

If we sign a veteran QB, it damages our trade leverage by making it clear that we don't intend to keep DA. That may complicate things a bit.

I don't think you can bring a veteran in until you are sure you can trade Anderson. I don't think a good veteran will come in lookin at being a 3rd QB instead of a backup. Nothing is going to happen on Anderson until we pay his $5 million bonus on March 13th and maybe not until draft day.

Teams don't like to give an indication of what direction they are moving in unless they have to. Good chance if some teams can fill specific needs in the beginning of FA they might then be open to trade a draft pick.

Not many of the FA backup QBs are going anywhere soon.

Kitna's trade tells me that Detriot might go QB if they like Staffords pro day workout if not Anderson could be in the mix there. San Fran likes Anderson but I think they really want Sanchez, if they can get him. Little is being said about the Bears, but I know they have talked to Cleveland about Anderson. The Jets are also interested in Anderson.

Anderson seems like the only QB available that can come in a compete to start somewhere (maybe Leftwich also).

Agreed but...something has to give alot quicker than March 13th, IMO!

Be patient, mini camp isn't until May. I'd expect we will draft or pickup a young developmential QB in the near future. You need 3 or 4 QBs at the start of camp so you don't burn out the arm of your starter.

We have a pretty good backup already in quinn. Is that not good enough? I'd expect us to pickup a QB on the second day, or an UDFA. This years QB class is weak. Actually this entire draft is weak. Besides Curry there are no home run picks.

Theres never a home run draftee, there's never even a home run free agent because you cant be sure they will keep playing to the same standard. If you look at last years draft how many home run draftees were there? There wasn't really one player that everyone agreed would be amazing...As it is this draft is well stocked in high class players in the top 15 and then again its well stocked with good players through the 2nd to the 3rd round so i think it could be a decent draft...I dont see us bringing in a backup until we're rid of Anderson (if he is leaving) as it would show our hand really...

We have a pretty good backup already in quinn. Is that not good enough? I'd expect us to pickup a QB on the second day, or an UDFA. This years QB class is weak. Actually this entire draft is weak. Besides Curry there are no home run picks.

mario you continue to waste everybody's time. quinn will be the starter this year and not anderson if they do have both. and this year's draft is stocked full of talent. maybe there aren't too many hall of famers but there are a ton of guys that will be pro-bowlers. im not even sold on the fact that curry may be a hall of famer someday but he will have a very good career.

Archived