THE BROWNS BOARD

This team needs ALOT OF WORK

DieHardBrownsFan

DA SUCKS! Our Oline was dominated from the little of the game I saw. Poor Offensive play calling. Our Defense looked horrible from what I saw also. Anyone who even mentions Playoffs this year should be shot. Bench DA, get rid of Fat boy Crennel at the end of the season (since this season is basically over after 8 games). icon_evil.gif

Honestly? I am done forking over money with this team until some moves are made. Until Crennel is ousted and Derek Anderson is sitting the pine, I refuse to plow any more money into a half-baked product that Randy Lerner is putting onto the field.

Amazing our defense sucked today, yet we were in it. Enter Derek Anderson and his "I cannot take pressure" meltdown. He did it once again.

Look on Ebay, because my tickets will be going up soon. Call me a fair weather fan, I could care less, but until Derek Anderson is no longer part of the equation I will NOT spend another cent. Period.

There is no shame in feeling frustrated here. Fed up, even. We have an inept HC, a QB who, just when you think he may be turning the corner, fucking WILTS. He's so done here it's ridiculous. And Lum, ONB, call me a Quinn Fag if you like, but the truth is the truth. DA sucks. Plain and fucking simple.

If we lose the Denver game Thursday, look for HC/QB changes to be made. Then again, our milquetoast GM might just think everything is just fine...

No changes will happen. None. What was his completion percentage? Just over 50 percent again? He cannot face adversity, plain and simple. The playcalling sucked balls on that possession where DumbAss threw a pick six to the DT..... nice one Anderson. Truth is, we needed someone to lead this team down the field and it DID NOT GET DONE thanks to Anderson. Period. Yes, our D sucked today, but bottom line is we were down by three with over 2 minutes to go and two timeouts, and we choose to pass three straight times. Nice. Especially with that Retard at QB.

No way you can put this one on DA. Stop the hatred and get a grip. The defense blew this one. Playcalling didn't help. For once DA is innocent. The Browns had NO running game today.

Teams rarely have a running game against Baltimore. The difference is good QB's can pick apart a defense with 3 starters out, not our QB. We got our last first down with 6:09 left in the 3rd quarter and didn't get another one until the game was over.

The defense was not good..about as bad as they've looked all season, but we still had a 27-13 lead and then we played prevent on defense and soft on offense and Edwards dropped a long pass that should've been caught. Still...despite all of that we were at midfield with a chance to at least tie the game and we get scramble for 2 yards...shitty pass that's incomplete, shitty pass thats incomplete and a screen pass that he throws right to the defense for the TD to end the game.

DA is hardly innocent today...

This team has sucked since the lerner expansion and will continue to suck until the stadium isnt selling out anymore or hopefully lerner will sell the team to someone that loves the browns more than an english soccer team...

I wont be attending any games next year either or buying the sunday ticket or any dawg gear either ive had it with this lousy regime from the top to the bottom i love my browns but this is not my browns this is a piss poor excuse for a football organization..

I think ive figured it out i loved the art modell browns the style the power the ideology behind the old browns i find myself actually not liking the owner or his fathers crap ideology behind the makeup of an organization..

The real browns are dead and we are left with only a name and the colors..

No way you can put this one on DA. Stop the hatred and get a grip. The defense blew this one. Playcalling didn't help. For once DA is innocent. The Browns had NO running game today.

Our defense made the crucial stop with 3 minutes left and what does DA do?! He throws a f'in interception!!! Tell me ... who the hell am I supposed to be mad at?!

For once DA is innocent.

Bullshit. He and his 50% completion % can blow me already. Plus, have you watched him late in games?

It's not bullshit.....the Browns couldn't run the ball today at all. The INT he threw....the play was a bust.....so if he throws it away? then what? DA was fine today.....blame goes to coaching and the defense. You guys blame DA but fail to mention 27-13 with Baltimore facing a 3rd and long........and then BE dropping a perfect pass that would put the game away. NO not DA's fault today.

Our defense made the crucial stop with 3 minutes left and what does DA do?! He throws a f'in interception!!! Tell me ... who the hell am I supposed to be mad at?!

Typical......defense also gave up a 27-13 lead.....so who should you be mad at?

The fact that we could not run the ball 19 attempts for 49 yds and we gave up a zillion to rice is not factored into this team game?

what about the massive TD drop from braylon which would have put DA to three tds? YES the screen play int was terrible but it seemed after Steinbach left the oline on the left side was having problems.

We were missing Steinbach and Tucker plus Vickers, those are all pretty important blocking factors.

what in the last 5 games DA is like 7tds and 2 int that is terrible? Some of you have lost the fact this is a team game and we are having massive problems with injuries. Stallworth means we have only winslow and sometimes BE.

Steinbach when he was in we did pretty good, Tucker and Vickers are pretty important. You cant win games in the NFL if you cant run the ball.

1 1st down in the 4th quarter. K2 had to dryhump a db after DA threw it at the secondary in double coverage. K2 saved a pick on that play and even the color guys were saying how that ball should not have been thrown. Then you get the hand off to Suggs to seal it.

Oh, and to everyone who isn't/ wasn't legitimizing BQ's td this preseason where it bounced off the DB can eat a dick on DA's TD toss to BE, and the one where Wright didn't get in the endzone either but we luckily didn't get a challenge.

TD's are TD's. and we still lost.

what in the last 5 games DA is like 7tds and 2 int that is terrible? Some of you have lost the fact this is a team game and we are having massive problems with injuries. Stallworth means we have only winslow and sometimes BE.

Sev, DA has had his moments but sometimes teams win when their D fails them. Sometimes teams win when running game fails them. It sucks that we have generally had to win (when we're lucky enough to do so) despite the QB instead of because of him. When has he ever stepped up when the other parts of the team have been failing? I guess unless the D and running game are on we have no chance. DA's a f-ing liability and will continue to be.

NO not DA's fault today.

LOL - quit pulling Lumbergh's wanker and get out from under the desk. We were down THREE... THREE!!!!!!!!!! It does not matter if the score was 10-7 or 43-40, the bottom line is we were down THREE. Did I mention THREE???

There is ZERO leadership qualities in Anderson. None. He cannot rally a team. He cannot will a team to win. He does not have IT. He did exactly in that sequence of plays that he has done since he was in college. Once adversity sets in, he falters. Period. That is the equivalent of hitting .150 with runners in scoring position and two outs - you cannot handle it.

So do NOT give me this BS that Anderson is NOT to blame. It is HIS job to take the team downfield and at least tie it up. He did not. Nobody has run on the Ravens this year so the plan is to pass on them - oh, and did I mention they were missing 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary???

Plain and simple, this experiment has got to end. Our best hope is Anderson gets hurt and put on IR because until that happens, this team will continue to fade when it counts the most. That begins with the QB and the coach. Neither deserves to be here any longer. Period.

p.s. and I know listening to the color guys is irritating, but every so often they mention stats like baltiwhore has a record 27-28 games of holding teams under the century mark on the ground. So the fact that we weren't strong on the ground today may have been affected by the defense who owns that stat.

I'm pretty sure that Romeo needs to go after this one. You just can't win football games by playing so conservatively. You need to go all out and take risks. While I do feel that there are various players to blame, I strongly believe it all comes back to the coaching which has been nothing but abysmal. The Ravens figured out our offense late in the game and we did nothing to change it. It's games like this that piss me off because we had it in our hands and dropped it, just like Braylon.

Romeo + his staff deserves to leave after this one. Our season is already gone with this game so there's no reason why we shouldn't shake things up and take the rest of the season to gel it together

For once DA is innocent.

Bullshit. He and his 50% completion % can blow me already. Plus, have you watched him late in games?

It's not bullshit.....the Browns couldn't run the ball today at all. The INT he threw....the play was a bust.....so if he throws it away? then what? DA was fine today.....blame goes to coaching and the defense. You guys blame DA but fail to mention 27-13 with Baltimore facing a 3rd and long........and then BE dropping a perfect pass that would put the game away. NO not DA's fault today.

DA was not fine today chud has altered the gameplan to make da look better and deliver less intercepts and he still doesnt play better flacco played better an 8 game pro does that not tell you anything?

It tells me flacco is the guy we had hoped da was flacco is improving da is not..

Yeah the coaches suck too but da is crap he has no confidence anymore yet rac still throws him out there...

NO not DA's fault today.

LOL - quit pulling Lumbergh's wanker and get out from under the desk. We were down THREE... THREE!!!!!!!!!! It does not matter if the score was 10-7 or 43-40, the bottom line is we were down THREE. Did I mention THREE???

There is ZERO leadership qualities in Anderson. None. He cannot rally a team. He cannot will a team to win. He does not have IT. He did exactly in that sequence of plays that he has done since he was in college. Once adversity sets in, he falters. Period. That is the equivalent of hitting .150 with runners in scoring position and two outs - you cannot handle it.

So do NOT give me this BS that Anderson is NOT to blame. It is HIS job to take the team downfield and at least tie it up. He did not. Nobody has run on the Ravens this year so the plan is to pass on them - oh, and did I mention they were missing 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary???

Plain and simple, this experiment has got to end. Our best hope is Anderson gets hurt and put on IR because until that happens, this team will continue to fade when it counts the most. That begins with the QB and the coach. Neither deserves to be here any longer. Period.

Perfectly stated.

Look on the bright side...

The sooner this season is over (which it pretty much is), the sooner the Brady Quinn era begins. Get him as much playing time as possible so he's ready for next year. Give DA the start next week, and when he chokes we finally move forward. I want to like this guy, I really do, but he's just not the one. He doesn't have it.

I'm beginning to think DA isn't RAC's choice. In our final offensive series where DA did his best Favre '06 impersonation, RAC didnt even look at DA as he walked off the field. No words, no "hold your head up, kid" nothing. Part of me thinks that RAC had already ordered appetizers and wasn't really focused, but I would have at least expected a glance in the starting QB's direction.

How about the "BOOOOOOOO's" when DA trotted back on the field for the last series? Ouch.

How about the "Brady! Brady! Brady!" at the end of the 2nd to last series (not the Suggs pick)? Ouch.

You guys keep thinking that DA is the only problem with this team if it makes you sleep better tonight. But that's not the truth. He didn't lose this game today.

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but let's be realistic the problems go beyond the QB.

So suppose they start Brady Quinn. What "if" he does worse than Derrick Anderson? What if he is another Ryan Leaf? I looked at the stats after the browns went up 27-13. They only gained 38 yards. Four three,and outs plus the int. Looked alot like conservative "play not to lose Schottenhiemer style play like in the 1986 AFC Championship game. (Kneel Down after the 98 yd drive,and three,and out punt. Denver goes 60 yds to win..

So suppose they start Brady Quinn. What "if" he does worse than Derrick Anderson? What if he is another Ryan Leaf?

I hate this.

Why even play the g ames? why show up? WTF are you kidding me?

That is the problem - we don't know about BQ. We've got a pretty good idea, which is why he was drafted, but we don't know. What we do know is that DA is not the answer at QB.

Archived