THE BROWNS BOARD

just heard espn radio (Tampa)

Solon16

Only us Browns fans, could want a QB that made the pro-bowl just two years ago, run out of town................We're consistent if nothing else? :wacko:

No offense but that wouldn't leave a whole lot of players.

Gee freak we dont have many real players...this team is in dire shape much worse then i first thought..

We have to totally rebuild over the next 3 years this club is currently spiritually,mentally and physically bankrupt..

shep you are so obvious in your bias that it clouds your objectivity. BQ is probably 60% the starter and will hold that lead unless he falls apart in training camps and preseason or DA blows the doors off somehow.

That in NO way translates to trading your backup possible starter who is about the same age and has valuable experience playing quality defenses. Its crazy if Mangini pigeon holes himself into that corner.

At this point i think if someone offers a high 3rd round pick mankok will trade DA..

Im quite happy with mankoks trade of kw2 i was steaming mad when i had heard a 3rd and 7th now we know its a second and a 5th for next year.. good deal!

Now we need to get rid of edwards maybe rogers and possibily DA and we are sitting pretty in the draft and have cut most of the savage/crennel cancer out of the team..im starting to get a clear vision of what mankok has in mind and i like it...;)

Guest Aloysius
I heard something about K2 talking up Rogers and one (maybe two) others...but I can't remember who it was or where I heard it.

Did anyone else hear anything like that?

During his NFL Network interview, Winslow was asked "to put on the GM hat" and name some players he thought Tampa should bring in. The guys he mentioned were Shaun Rogers and Leigh Bodden.

It's not a "bias"... it's an opinion. I far preferred Anderson to Frye but was wary of his history as a big armed but streaky passer who would break your heart whenever you started counting on him. It didn't take long for him to turn that way... and stay that way.

I am hardly a bigger fan of Quinn than of the Browns. I've never been a Notre Dame fan and I only started giving a shit about Quinn as I dove into the draft. I thought he was the right guy for the Browns, who I didn't believe had their centerpiece. They got him... and I still believe he's that centerpiece. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... and I'll happily cheer his replacement.

Quinn needs to be given his chance at a full offseason of reps with the ones and then his full season as a starter. Nothing else makes any sense. I've never known a team to draft a quarterback in round one with any other plan in mind.

I'M BEGINNING TO BELIEVE IT'S kNOWSHON mORENO OR wELLS WITH # 5 PICK...OR ORAKPO/OLINEMAN!

Personally, I don't...but with the grumblings we've heard lately, it seems he isn't happy with the new regime.

He's a great guy and I was ready to buy a Rogers jersey...but if he's not happy he won't play with his heart. And that is not acceptable to me.

I agree Gal.

We can't worry about cap hits or anything else. We have to have players who are going to play.

If the cap hit is what we have to protect....then just release him outright. That isn't ideal, but it is far better to do that then to leave him here with a poor attitude.

It's been a long time since we had a coach with a iron fist.....the media isn't accustomed to that, the fans aren't accustomed to that. The last one we had was Belicheck, and while not totally accurate, for all intents and purposes, we ran him out of town after cutting Bernie(save me the history lesson, I know he went to Baltimore with the team and was canned when that happened )

I don't care who mangini cuts.....he can cut BQ if that is what he wants to do if he feels like that is what needs to be done to get the team on track.

Face it....we sucked last year. Romeo and Savage were impostors. There is nothing about that leadership that makes me think we are just a "part" or two away. If Mangini and Kok feel this thing needs to be gutted, get it done NOW. Dicking around is only going to prolong the less than mediocre play we witness week after week.

As with any coaching change, don't get to attached to various players, and i am not talking about the scrubs, because there is a very good chance they won't be around in a season or two.

JMO

shep.... qb rating does not define a qb... there are always mitigating circumstances. Quinn with his 22 rating is not the sum but a part of a puzzle in that last game of his.

its ok to be bias shep, but you are a BROWNS fan not just one player.

Nomination for post of the year.

I'd also like to add: Sack totals don't define a pass rusher! <_<

To follow K2??? Interesting....guy said definite interest in DA....

The ALTERNATIVE to DA is Luke McCown, who is rumored to start if they don't make any moves.

I'd LOVE this. I don't think having BOTH Quinn and DA works. If we're still still having a QB competition after 3 years with the SAME 2 kids - learn from history and choose one while getting exchange value for the other.

Shame on us if we're gonna divide the lockerroom again.

Winslow said he was going to miss close friends Baylon Edwards and Brady Quinn. I found that interesting to say the least.

- Tom F.

Archived