THE BROWNS BOARD

Spikes or Barton

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

My guess is we'll signing one of these guys to be our veteran starter next to D'Qwell. I like Takeo Spikes a little better, but I'd go with whichever guy ends up being cheaper.

Pat Thomas and Kevin Burnett could be some solid depth guys. Thomas is more of a "thumper" type, whereas Burnett is a guy who'd sub in on passing downs.

My guess is we'll signing one of these guys to be our veteran starter next to D'Qwell. I like Takeo Spikes a little better, but I'd go with whichever guy ends up being cheaper.

Pat Thomas and Kevin Burnett could be some solid depth guys. Thomas is more of a "thumper" type, whereas Burnett is a guy who'd sub in on passing downs.

spikes would be ok only if he was fully recovered from his injury a few years ago. he has never been able to come back from that

Guest Aloysius

Spikes had 96 tackles and 3 picks playing 3-4 ILB for the Niners last year. San Fran wants to re-sign him, but they know that a team like ours may pick him up:

Yet another thing put at 50-50: the odds of linebacker Takeo Spikes re-signing. McCloughan said the downside of Spikes' strong 2008 season is that he "put good tape out there," meaning that other teams are interested and might give Spikes an offer he can't refuse.

Guest Aloysius

One nice thing about Spikes is that he's more of an emotional leader than D'Qwell. If you watched the Niners last year, you saw that he was the guy slapping teammates' helmets & getting them pumped up.

I think he'd be a solid veteran influence in the locker room, as well as a good stopgap at SILB.

Archived