THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

According to the browns website winslow was traded to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks. That would be plural. Just for the record, it had better be a

first and third this year and at least a second round next year, other wise Kokinas is a friggin moron. You piss off your pro-bowl nose tackle one week,

and then trade your best offensive weapon the next? REALLY?!?!? If this doesn't pan out we are screwed for years to come!!!

wow you really think that he's worth that much? there aren't too many people in the nfl worth that much. accept maybe kellen clemens

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow you really think that he's worth that much? there aren't too many people in the nfl worth that much. accept maybe kellen clemens

Ok, not the second round next year, but yes, i do think that Winslow is worth a first and a third this year.

I never questioned his talent, but remember, Butch traded UP to draft him, which was a bone-head move on his part to begin with. The guy has never been a team player, on ANY level he's played at.

Yes, his hands may be second only to L Fitzgerald in the league, but if we can dump a "me me" guy and pick up some picks that have been lost in the process, so be it. Maybe we're planning on running the ball 50+ times a game, and he can't block your grandma.......

If we really want to dump a me me guy butterfingers is that guy...k2 at least played with everything he had BE needs to go for whatever we can get for him but his value wont be great but by next year im betting its even lower if he stays....

Guest Aloysius

I'm curious as to why they haven't announced the compensation yet.

Two working theories:

• 1. They're waiting until KW passes a physical to announce the picks.

2. There are conditional picks involved, so they're breaking the initial story & leaving the complicated details for later.

According to the browns website winslow was traded to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks. That would be plural. Just for the record, it had better be a

first and third this year and at least a second round next year, other wise Kokinas is a friggin moron. You piss off your pro-bowl nose tackle one week,

and then trade your best offensive weapon the next? REALLY?!?!? If this doesn't pan out we are screwed for years to come!!!

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. A ailing TE on bad knees who wants a new contract and has 2-4 years left in the league maybe. Were lucky we got anything for him. No to mention all the injuries, holding, and personal foul penalties he has gotten over the years. I like the guy but it if better's our team than so be it. If it's a 2 and 4 or 3 and and 6 round pick. We need picks period.

Guest Masters
for you guys whining about his "shelf life" you act like winslow is kurt warner's age, the guy is 25 and has many great years to come, I am very upset that they traded him.

People mean his shelf life because of his knees. He probably does only have 2-3 high level years left before those knees totally go out. I'll miss him and can't say I am thrilled by him being traded. But he ain't gonna play past 32 at best.

If we really want to dump a me me guy butterfingers is that guy...k2 at least played with everything he had BE needs to go for whatever we can get for him but his value wont be great but by next year im betting its even lower if he stays....

I agree that BE is nearly useless and should be dumped but you are going to get less for him than you did for Frye, so now we have 2 wide outs that aren't

worth the price of admission (BE and DS) and we are stuck with them, so what do we do? trade the only good one left of course. I stick with Kokinas is a moron

I'm curious as to why they haven't announced the compensation yet.

Two working theories:

• 1. They're waiting until KW passes a physical to announce the picks.

2. There are conditional picks involved, so they're breaking the initial story & leaving the complicated details for later.

i heard that the bucs may announce the picks at their 1 o'clock press conference

Guest Masters
I agree that BE is nearly useless and should be dumped but you are going to get less for him than you did for Frye, so now we have 2 wide outs that aren't

worth the price of admission (BE and DS) and we are stuck with them, so what do we do? trade the only good one left of course. I stick with Kokinas is a moron

That is a gross exageration on BE. Dude developed gator arms after getting creamed all of the 2007 season. BE is really the player he was in 2007, not the guy we saw in 2008. Not to mention D's went out of their way to take BE out of games.

i heard that the bucs may announce the picks at their 1 o'clock press conference

Im watching it live right now on the bucs site, K2 is happy, he didnt request this and he has no hard feelings towards the browns. No mention of picks yet.

Just read that at least one of the picks is expected to be "first day," meaning rounds 1 or 2. Also, the trade frees up 3.6 mill in cap space.

I think this is looking more and more like a purge and an effort to load up on draft picks. Anderson is probably gone for yet another 2nd round pick. If so, the Browns would have FOUR picks in the first two rounds... although I think they'd move to get a couple of third rounders.

don't forget about what they can get for rodgers or even braylon

Guest Masters
Just read that at least one of the picks is expected to be "first day," meaning rounds 1 or 2. Also, the trade frees up 3.6 mill in cap space.

I think this is looking more and more like a purge and an effort to load up on draft picks. Anderson is probably gone for yet another 2nd round pick. If so, the Browns would have FOUR picks in the first two rounds... although I think they'd move to get a couple of third rounders.

I think CLE will only get a 3rd for DA.

Gips, I know what you're saying...but maybe, just maybe, that could be in the works as well, but I doubt it. Could it be that the Browns grew tired of K2s act, and Mangini wants to pound the ball, and K2 is worthless as a TE for blocking?

I always thought they should have lined K2 up in the slot, instead of TE....maybe he nixed that, or injuries prevented it. Yep, we lose a great pair of hands, no doubt. We'll see if it's just one of many moves..........

That is a gross exageration on BE. Dude developed gator arms after getting creamed all of the 2007 season. BE is really the player he was in 2007, not the guy we saw in 2008. Not to mention D's went out of their way to take BE out of games.

No, BE is the player that you saw in 2008, he had one good year and got cocky, since he went to the pro bowl once, now he thinks he is the greatest ever

and doesn't have to play hard, he is a pro bowler and therefore shouldn't have to try, things are supposed to happen for him. He is a "me me me " player and

a bum at best.

Tampa radio saying we got a 3rd and 7th what a crock mankok is stupid lets give braylon away for a 7th...

If we really only got a 3rd and a 7th, I have to say this is officially a bad move.

Tampa radio saying we got a 3rd and 7th what a crock mankok is stupid lets give braylon away for a 7th...

If that's true, then that is an absolute crappy deal and mankok is a huge 0-1.

Trading a play-making, committed, 80-catch-a-year Pro Bowl tight end for a third round pick ...

What the ****?

Zombo

No, BE is the player that you saw in 2008, he had one good year and got cocky, since he went to the pro bowl once, now he thinks he is the greatest ever

and doesn't have to play hard, he is a pro bowler and therefore shouldn't have to try, things are supposed to happen for him. He is a "me me me " player and

a bum at best.

/agree last year we seen the real BE with a big head and me me and more me attitude he played with no heart he essentially quit on the field and was never benched..once a quitter always a quitter..

that's bullshit, that's seriously bullshit if that's true, I'm gonna vomit if it is.

me too, i will be the official leader of the FIRE KOKINAS chants at all of the games, if that really happened Lerner needs to sell the team before he does anymore

damage, because this is starting to sound like matt millen is running the show

Guest Masters

a bum at best.

Not at all. His rookie year after injury and in 2006 he was playing well. He played hard, he just heard foot steps. You would to if you got leveled as many times as DA led him into in 2007.

And how is he me, me, me? Other than his complaining about being hated by fans because of his MICH roots. He has yet to pull a Boldin, TO, or Moss (pre Pats) act. Let's not stretch reality.

Archived