THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been telling everyone that K2 was a likely guy to get traded.

He has a limited shelf life and won't be healthy by the time we are ready to compete.

He has expressed a desire to leave

He is still valuable to the right teams

With TB having around $60M under the cap...they are going to be wheeling and dealing.

Winslow trade

from the Buc's site.

From ESPN:

ESPN.com news services

The Cleveland Browns have traded tight end Kellen Winslow to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for undisclosed draft picks.

"We appreciate his passion for the game and wish him success in Tampa Bay," Browns general manager George Kokinis said in announcing the move. "The draft picks we have obtained through this deal will give us greater flexibility as we look to infuse more talent and create competition and depth on this football team."

Dammit, I liked K2. It sounds like we got multiple picks, we better use them wisely.

I hate to admit it, but Ghoolie may have been right about Winslow all along. If we are trading him, you can bet it's because of the limitations placed on him because of the injuries he sustained in the motorcycle accident. He was a fighter, too bad his judgment was so poor. He could have been one of the best.

im happy we are getting multiple picks with this trade. He was good but also expensive and better to get rid of him when he has value.

We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.

We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.

pLENTY OF TALENT?? hEIDEN HAD ACL AND DINKINS LET GO...WE HAVE RUCKER(UNKNOWN)...WHO ELSE?

Guest Masters

Actually all CLE has at TE, as far as talent is Rucker. Heiden has to come back from a torn ACL still.

honestly, I'm upset unless they manage to pick up some development through the picks, winslow was one of the guys I wanted them to keep and is probably my favorite player on the browns(I guess was now)

I remember how great quinn threw his passes to him in the denver game despite the loss, and how great he was catching them, I think quinn and winslow could have flourished together

but let's see what happens out of this I guess.

pLENTY OF TALENT?? hEIDEN HAD ACL AND DINKINS LET GO...WE HAVE RUCKER(UNKNOWN)...WHO ELSE?

Dinkins let go.. huh?

88 Cieslak, Brad TE 6-3 260 07/01/1982 3 Northern Illinois

87 Dinkins, Darnell TE 6-4 260 01/20/1977 7 Pittsburgh

82 Heiden, Steve TE 6-5 270 09/21/1976 10 South Dakota State

85 Madsen, John TE 6-5 240 05/09/1983 3 Utah

86 Rucker, Martin

if the browns got at least a 2nd round pick for him i will be fine with the trade. if they got a 3rd rounder for him i will be a little upset and if they only got a 4th and 5th i will be pissed. i think that it would have been better to trade both edwards and winslow for a 1st rounder. but that's just my opinion. i think that edwards is on his way out anyway. mankok seems to be cleaning house

This is xxxxing bullshit! K2 is my fav player a guy I hoped would retire in Cleveland and one of the the best weapons we had on this team and thats not even talking about the guys xxxxing hands! He left everything on the field every xxxxin play! The way Mangini has come in and asserted his authority hasn't made me happy. I will always be a Browns fan but today is the saddest day for me as a Browns fan since they returned to football! Does anyone know who the xxxx Brady Quinn is going to throw the football to now?

IM JUST SO FAWKING PISSED! I FEEL LIKE BREAKING SOMETHING! IVE ALREADY GOT NUMEROUS CALLS FROM MY FAMILY MEMBERS! A SAD xxxxING DAY ERRRRRRRRRR!

Dinkins let go.. huh?

88 Cieslak, Brad TE 6-3 260 07/01/1982 3 Northern Illinois

87 Dinkins, Darnell TE 6-4 260 01/20/1977 7 Pittsburgh

82 Heiden, Steve TE 6-5 270 09/21/1976 10 South Dakota State

85 Madsen, John TE 6-5 240 05/09/1983 3 Utah

86 Rucker, Martin

That's plenty of talent??? looks like a bunch of stiffs to me!!!

Archived