THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Signing Thread

JewDago

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the browns hosted abram elam today. he was a UDFA out of college, and because he's a RFA who received the lowest tender, the jets aren't in line for compensation if we sign him, they only have the right to match whatever contract we offer him. elam had 69 tackles (48 solo), two sacks, two stuffs, three forced fumbles, one pick and three passes defensed this past season.

the browns hosted abram elam today. he was a UDFA out of college, and because he's a RFA who received the lowest tender, the jets aren't in line for compensation if we sign him, they only have the right to match whatever contract we offer him. elam had 69 tackles (48 solo), two sacks, two stuffs, three forced fumbles, one pick and three passes defensed this past season.

I tried posting on the Abram Elam titled post but it seems it has taken a quick turn and into a BE discussion.

I think this would be a great signing. I know he had past character flags thrown...BUT Mangini wouldn't bring him in if there was an ounce of "issue" left in the guy. He plays HARD. Not brilliant in coverage but he has the nose for the ball that we're missing.

Since the Losman fumble was brought up I thought I'd link it.

Notice the blitz formation! A (recent) Browns Defense has never looked this aggressive before...exciting.

Guest Aloysius

I've kinda soured on Bodden. Though much of his poor play last year has been blamed on him not being a good fit for a Tampa 2, Bodden got burned twice when they asked him to play man coverage in the final game of the season. He didn't look like a guy who had much left.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick somehow resurrects his career.

I've kinda soured on Bodden. Though much of his poor play last year has been blamed on him not being a good fit for a Tampa 2, Bodden got burned twice when they asked him to play man coverage in the final game of the season. He didn't look like a guy who had much left.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick somehow resurrects his career.

ESPN reported that his contract is for one year and not guaranteed. He has to make the team.

Guest Aloysius

The Chargers signed Kevin Burnett.

With Tim Dobbins, Matt Wilhelm, Brandon Siler, and Kevin Burnett now vying for playing time next to Stephen Cooper, it seems like the Chargers are less likely to draft Rey at #16.

LUCAS CUT....Move McDonald to nickle...Finally a Corner worth going after!

Panthers release starting CB Lucas to clear salary-cap space

Associated Press

Ken Lucas, CB

2008 Statistics

Tackles: 60

Interceptions: 2

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers released starting cornerback Ken Lucas on Wednesday in a move that clears about $2.3 million in salary-cap space.

The Panthers had been trying to trade Lucas, an eight-year NFL veteran who struggled late last season, but he vetoed a deal to the Detroit Lions last month.

The Panthers signed Lucas to a six-year, $36 million free-agent deal in 2005, and he started 49 of 50 games and made 13 interceptions. But Lucas was burned on several occasions, and the Panthers appear poised to promote No. 3 cornerback Richard Marshall to the starting job opposite Chris Gamble.

The Panthers had been trying to trade Lucas, an eight-year NFL veteran who struggled late last season, but he vetoed a deal to the Detroit Lions last month.

shocking!

But Lucas was burned on several occasions, and the Panthers appear poised to promote No. 3 cornerback Richard Marshall to the starting job opposite Chris Gamble.

Demote our young, promising corner for a guy on the downside that just lost his job ... why?

Zombo

Archived